Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

adrian522 wrote: »
    Josh Gordon will be sitting ou the entire year apparently...

This makes me sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

http://www.sbnation.com/a/nfl-preview-2014

This looks a good read. It's a fairly comprehensive season preview from SB Nation

Goodell has admitted that they made wrong decision with Rice. (More or less)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000384861/article/roger-goodell-apologizes-for-decision-in-ray-rice-case

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I apologise for me publicly not giving a **** gave us bad pr guys so now im going to be stricter till this all blows over

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Raddaboutye

Folks, I'm aiming to catch the Giants v Redskins game in MetLife stadium in December. What would the best option for tickets be? Stubhub? Seems to be a bit cheaper than ticketmaster. Anything else I'm missing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Folks, I'm aiming to catch the Giants v Redskins game in MetLife stadium in December. What would the best option for tickets be? Stubhub? Seems to be a bit cheaper than ticketmaster. Anything else I'm missing?
    Stubhub usually has large ($40) delivery charges.

I find it the best spot to get single tickets as people are trying to sell of spare tickets for a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

adrian522 wrote: »
    Josh Gordon will be sitting ou the entire year apparently...

Going to Canada to play ball apparently

BKWDR wrote: »
    Going to Canada to play ball apparently

cant apparently as he is still under contract in the nfl. CFL has rules against it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Would be very surprised if you can't just buy them outside at the booth, won't be a sell-out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

If nothing else, worth a look...

https://seatgeek.com/redskins-at-giants-tickets/12-14-2014-east-rutherford-new-jersey-metlife-stadium/nfl/2101570/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Section 114 would be the business. I went down to this level for 5 minutes to take some snaps a couple of years ago and the view for an entire game would be phenomenal. Needless to say $768 isn't very practical, you could get a few nice suppers in the Spotted Pig for that bread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Section 144 @ $195 would suit me just fine. Most people just watch the jumbo trons anyway.

I was high enough up when I was there before, might even have been the nosebleeds, but the view was actually pretty decent. Could easily make everything out, and didn't feel like I was too far away at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

I was in 338 before, its HIGH up but i didnt have a problem following the game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Aldon Smith officially suspended nine games. Big blow for San Fran.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Can't help but feel Smith is suffering from the fallout from Rice a bit. While I don't feel a 9 game ban is itself unfair, I don't believe Goodell's claim that he would take the 5 games missed in rehab into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Is this for the DUI? Good to see it's taken seriously. Did he do any time in jail?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

matthew8 wrote: »
    Is this for the DUI? Good to see it's taken seriously. Did he do any time in jail?

Didn't he also make a bomb threat in an airport?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

That's some Bull****. The 49ers should never have sent him to rehab last year. Should have kept him on the team, obviously they decided to throw the book at him in any case, the rehab was completely irrelevant.

Obvious commish wanted to throw the book at someone after his Ray Rice **** up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Oh Eli

1r5zlnv.png?1

x2ZE3Pf.png?1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Michael Sam released by the Rams.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ps for sure if no one picks him up, decent enough pre season

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I wouldn't mind us adding him to the 53 as we are crying out for a bit of pass rush & we had a UDFA deal ready for him to go.

Tbh i'd be amazed if he doesn't get picked up, not going to be a star but can do a job for a few teams

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Didn't he also make a bomb threat in an airport?
    I think so yeah. That was what being reported in the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Tbh i'd be amazed if he doesn't get picked up, not going to be a star but can do a job for a few teams

Not sure.. If he offered anything in the run game I'd give him a shot.

Interesting that Fisher suggested he wouldn't even make their practice squad... In hindsight he may have been much better off an UDFA

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

SameOleJay wrote: »
    Interesting that Fisher suggested he wouldn't even make their practice squad... In hindsight he may have been much better off an UDFA

That's just because they have other, more pressing needs for the practice squad spot as things stand.

Someone will pick him up. At the very least he'll be in someone's practice squad this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ethan Westbrooks is a better player than Sam, simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭youngco87

I always get excited about the final cuts hoping somebody unexpected gets cut and the Ravens can pick them up....always left disappointed!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Ray MacDonald didn't waste too much time putting the leagues new domestic violence policy to the test.

Looks bad(hitting pregnant finacee etc), long ban upcoming I would imagine.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000386508/article/ray-mcdonald-arrested-on-domestic-violence-charges

There's an old quote from Jim Harbaugh along the lines of "everyone deserves a second chance but if you raise your hands to a woman there are no second chances" Interesting to see if the 49ers live up to that quote.

slightly better SF related news, it looks like Alex Boone is set to end his holdout.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000386511/article/alex-boone-ready-to-end-san-francisco-49ers-holdout

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement