Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Locker led the league in 4th Q comebacks last year.. til he got injured :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Does Mark Sanchez still have the best passer rating in the playoffs?

Edit: no he's number 6!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Does Mark Sanchez still have the best passer rating in the playoffs?

Edit: no he's number 6!

I know he played in a seriously dominant team, but Bart Starr's playoff QBR is insane for the era he played in - 104.8 and still the highest in the game. Some of his stat lines in playoff games almost defy logic for that time - http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/StarBa00/gamelog/post/

Rodgers (103.1), Warner (102.8) and Brees (100.7) are behind him, with Montana (95.6) completing the top five.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Rivers has been the consistently best QB this year! Rodgers has flashed moments of brilliance over the last few weeks which shows IMO that he is the best QB in the league when at his best! Manning has looked in second gear to me so far, but that has been more than enough for the Broncos to win most games!

Breese has not been good by his normal standards! Brady started poorly but has been better the last few weeks! I haven't seen much of Ben and the steelers so I am not sure if he is playing well or not but the results and numbers would make it look like he isn't!

As for Luck I'm a Colts fan so obviously biased! But I also watch every play of every game (most twice) so I think I'm in a good position to evaluate him! At his best he does things that only Rodgers can compare with! His consistency has improved drastically this year, but he still makes more mistakes than Rivers, Rodgers and Manning! I'm personally not interested in ranking players because the NFL is so matchup dependant and changeable from week to week but to say that Luck is vastly overrated is complete and utter nonsense and is from the Skip Bayless school of analysis!

The Skip Bayless school of analysis is saying Luck is better than Rivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

Billy86 wrote: »
    Personally I don't find fourth quarter comebacks to be a very important or telling part of a quarterbacks game, is what I'm saying here.

Me personally, I don't think you know a player or what he's made of until he faces adversity. And when I see that consistently in any QB, you know you have quality, a man you can depend on. It's what separates the men from the boys imo.
    While he had the better receivers of the two Brady had the better run game to support him
    You're exaggerating the Pats run game and Blount's contribution. Blount put up most his numbers in 3-4 games. In fact, nearly half his total yards were against the Bills and the Colts - just two games. And he's doing the same with the Steelers this year. In the first three games this year he was averaging 1.5 Yards a carry, then has a big game with gaudy numbers that fills out his overall stats. The Pats couldn't even run the ball in the AFC championships game and Blount was complete rubbish that day.

You said Rivers had better WR’s. Yes he did and that's my point. But let’s widen the scope just a little. Brady started the season with a guy who was 6th on the depth chart, becoming their number 1 WR and he's still is their number 1. He was their only reliable pass catcher last season. No offense to Pats fans, but he wouldn’t be higher than maybe 4th at best on any other top teams depth chart.

They had the same number of INTs and around the same yards, but Rivers had 32 TDs to Bradys 25, a significant 1.3 better YPA, completed a full nine percent more of his attempts.
    So Rivers throws 7 more TD’s and has more completions than Brady. So what? It’s the least he could do considering Brady started 2013 with no WR corp. By the end of October, Brady was still trying to find out who could catch the ball for Christ’s sake. All his WR’s were also inside the top ten for most drops in the league by WR's. The Pats also try to run it more that the Chargers, so of course that will affect overall passing. You're perfectly entitled to big up Rivers all you want. But I see no ****fest he had to face the way Brady had in 2013.

I originally commented on what I thought of the MVP award. How it has become a joke. And why I think Manning won it a couple of years when he shouldn’t have. I said I believe Rodgers, Brady, Brees & Rivers could have put up similar numbers behind the Broncos impressive O line and their talented WR corp in 2013. The short sighted will think Brady hadn't his usual numbers last year. The far sighted will admire what he did with the little he had.

I define great play by how one deals with adversity and how you overcome it. Oh it’s easy when you have a great O line and excellent WR’s to target. Brady had none of that last season and he still performs way above everyone’s expectation. I'm a Saints fan and tbh, I couldn't have seen Drew do what Brady did in 2013 and that’s why he was my MVP for last year. Right now for 2014, if he keeps playing the way he playing. I'd be giving the MVP to JJ Watt this year hands down. Unfortunately, because Manning broke Farve's TD record, you can be sure the MVP has now been decided. Doesn't matter what area of the field any player may excel in from now on. I predicting the MVP is has already decided and that's a pity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Putin wrote: »
    The short sighted will think Brady hadn't his usual numbers last year. The far sighted will admire what he did with the little he had.

I have to agree with you, my admiration for Brady has grown so much over the past 12-18 months. What he has done with a far from stellar receiving corps is remarkable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Read today that Brady has thrown a TD pass to 54 different receivers. Crazy statistic considering he's been at the one team. Favre has 61 despite being at Green Bay, Minnesota and New York. Manning on 45 with Indy and Denver. Kinda shows the rotation and turnover Brady has had to deal with at WR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Even as a Pats fan, watching the broncos playing, you'd kind of want Peyton to get a ring this year (only if Pats can't)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

BKWDR wrote: »
    Even as a Pats fan, watching the broncos playing, you'd kind of want Peyton to get a ring this year (only if Pats can't)

Big fat nope from me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Big fat nope from me ;)

Damn right, fcuk that noise.

If the Pats don't win the Super Bowl, I want BB to do a Shooter McGavin on the Lombardi trophy

• Advertisement

Ah balls, here comes a biblical post. :o

Me personally, I don't think you know a player or what he's made of until he faces adversity. And when I see that consistently in any QB, you know you have quality, a man you can depend on. It's what separates the men from the boys imo.
    They are nice to have - but if a top QB is performing to his best, he does not need them. Case in point, Aaron Rodgers in 2011 had one fourth quarter comeback but went 15-1 with one of the absolute worst defences in the league.

It's a vastly overrated statistic, but if you insist on considering it absolutely crucial, then Rivers only had one less than Brady all of last season. His QBR in those four games were 124.3, 120.3, 127.3 and 103.4... Brady's were 76.4, 74.7, 107.4, 104.8 and 91.7. The combined record of the teams Rivers did it against was 39-25 (0.600), whereas for the teams Brady got them against it was 36-44 (0.450).
    You're exaggerating the Pats run game and Blount's contribution. Blount put up most his numbers in 3-4 games. In fact, nearly half his total yards were against the Bills and the Colts - just two games. And he's doing the same with the Steelers this year. In the first three games this year he was averaging 1.5 Yards a carry, then has a big game with gaudy numbers that fills out his overall stats. The Pats couldn't even run the ball in the AFC championships game and Blount was complete rubbish that day.
    Why are you only looking at Blount? First you say he did nothing against the Broncos? The week before he ran for 166 yards off 24 attempts and FOUR TDs in a 37-27 win... he was the difference maker that day by a distance, so don't even try to tell me Brady "carried" them there. When Blount didn't reproduce the next week (6 yards on 5 carries) they lost, though Vereen/Ridley got 51 more yards off 9 other carries. That is why I brought him up for the divisional game.

In the regular season he had a massive 189 yard game to end the season against the Bills, with 2 TDs - the exact score the Patriots won by. If the Patriots lose that game, I am pretty sure they weren't going to be the second seeds. Over the rest of the season, he had 583 yards. Guess why? He wasn't their only, or even primary, RB! He had 129 carries for those yards, an average of 4.5 per carry, with at least 40 yards on 12 occasions. Meanwhile Stevan Ridley had another 773 yards 178 carries for a 4.3 average while having 10 different 40 yard games, and only 1 game under 30 yards. Finally, Vereen and Boldin combined for 489 carries on 99 carries, a 4.8 average between them.

In total the Patriots had 2,065 rushing yards on 470 carries - a 4.4 per carry average. Meanwhile the Chargers came close in yards on 1,965 but had a lower average of just 4.0 per carry. It's not a massive difference, but the Patriots did have the better running game, and it came up huge to secure homefield in the divisional game, and then to win that divisional game. Hence Brady, while doing very well in difficult circumstances, did not "carry" them there.
    You said Rivers had better WR’s. Yes he did and that's my point. But let’s widen the scope just a little. Brady started the season with a guy who was 6th on the depth chart, becoming their number 1 WR and he's still is their number 1. He was their only reliable pass catcher last season. No offense to Pats fans, but he wouldn’t be higher than maybe 4th at best on any other top teams depth chart.
    You're underestimating Edelman a lot, and like I said the Pats obviously had issues with their receiving corps (especially earlier in the season) but they did also have probably the best TE in the game for a number of games. Like I said, Rivers did have Gates fit all season, but Eddie Royal looked possibly on his way out of the league before going to SD (a total of 42 catches for 389 yards in the two seasons previous), a third round rookie in Keenan Allen who had gone 17 picks after NE's Aaron Dobson, a TE in Antonio Gates that is HOF calibre but is definitely on the downside of his career, and Danny Woodhead who the Patriots had let go in favour of Shane Vereen that offseason. Rivers had a better receiving corps, but it wasn't exactly an all star cast on his end either.

Basically if you asked Belichick in preseason, he would probably have taken each of his top 4 guys over each of the Chargers top 4 guys. Whether he would have preferred Edelman or Royal, who knows - but I think Edelman's likeness to Welker would have helped. Between Dobson and Allen? He chose Dobson in the draft. Vereen and Woodhead? He chose Vereen by letting Woodhead go. Gates and Gronk? I am going to go ahead and guess Gronk. Of course the big issue there is that Gronk and Vereen eached missed about half the year with injuries, and the Hernandez debacle meant they didn't have adequate depth behind Gronk.

So Rivers throws 7 more TD’s and has more completions than Brady. So what? It’s the least he could do considering Brady started 2013 with no WR corp. By the end of October, Brady was still trying to find out who could catch the ball for Christ’s sake. All his WR’s wer
    e also inside the top ten for most drops in the league by WR's. The Pats also try to run it more that the Chargers, so of course that will affect overall passing. You're perfectly entitled to big up Rivers all you want. But I see no ****fest he had to face the way Brady had in 2013.
    First of all, I didn't bring up Rivers having more completions? I brought up him having well over a yard extra per attempt and a nine percent higher completion average, which is a huge number. Secondly, even if we take away every single one of the Patriots drops (42), Brady still has a 2.4% lower completion percentage - if we do the same for Rivers the difference becomes 4.7%, again a very noticeable difference.

The Pats try to run it more than the Chargers? Not last year, anyway. San Diego ran the ball 486 times and passed 544 times - 52.8% of the time. New England on the other hand ran the ball 470 times and passed 628 times - 57.6% of the time. Not only played on a more pass heavy team, but he had 84 more pass attempts, which is over 15% more than Rivers did. I guess that's another advantage to Rivers, so?
    I originally commented on what I thought of the MVP award. How it has become a joke. And why I think Manning won it a couple of years when he shouldn’t have. I said I believe Rodgers, Brady, Brees & Rivers could have put up similar numbers behind the Broncos impressive O line and their talented WR corp in 2013. The short sighted will think Brady hadn't his usual numbers last year. The far sighted will admire what he did with the little he had.

I define great play by how one deals with adversity and how you overcome it. Oh it’s easy when you have a great O line and excellent WR’s to target. Brady had none of that last season and he still performs way above everyone’s expectation. I'm a Saints fan and tbh, I couldn't have seen Drew do what Brady did in 2013 and that’s why he was my MVP for last year. Right now for 2014, if he keeps playing the way he playing. I'd be giving the MVP to JJ Watt this year hands down. Unfortunately, because Manning broke Farve's TD record, you can be sure the MVP has now been decided. Doesn't matter what area of the field any player may excel in from now on. I predicting the MVP is has already decided and that's a pity.
    I fully agree that the NFL seem bizarrely eager to award it to Peyton time whenever possible, and I think Watt not at least making the shortlist in 2012 even though/because nobody knew he would win it was a farce as well, don't get me wrong. That said, it didn't matter if it was Manning or Geno Smith last year - regardless of surrounding talent, he was always winning the MVP award with that stat line, right or wrong.

I just feel Rivers was more deserving last year, because while Brady did very well under very tough circumstances (particularly in the first half of the season) he wasn't doing it in spite of all of the other 52 men on his roster or anything... he had a solid running game and a defence that were able to keep them in games even if he was struggling (which performed marginally better than Rivers' defence, though they are close enough to be neck and neck there).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Wackiest story today?? The nfl made an actual intelligent decision, they contacted panthers, said Yer man shouldn of been ejected and won't be fined.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

They are nice to have - but if a top QB is performing to his best, he does not need them. Case in point, Aaron Rodgers in 2011 had one fourth quarter comeback but went 15-1 with one of the absolute worst defences in the league.
    The Packers defense was ranked 32nd that year and the Pats defense was ranked 31st worst that year. Both teams have mirrored each other in recent years with shocking defense and some very poor O line play. Rodgers and Brady where my top two candidates in 2011 for the MVP. Brady getting to the SB pips it for me though. Losing Gronk probably cost him another ring that year. Before the injury, the Brady-Gronk combo looked unstoppable. I suppose the worry for Pats now must be, Gronk has been plagued by injuries since then and has yet to return to his 2011 level.

It's a vastly overrated statistic, but if you insist on considering it absolutely crucial, then Rivers only had one less than Brady all of last season. His QBR in those four games were 124.3, 120.3, 127.3 and 103.4... Brady's were 76.4, 74.7, 107.4, 104.8 and 91.7. The combined record of the teams Rivers did it against was 39-25 (0.600), whereas for the teams Brady got them against it was 36-44 (0.450).
    Yes it is an overrated statistics, so I don't know why you're even mentioning it. It means nothing. I prefer to use the eye test when it comes to football. It certainly tells me a lot more than some pointless hocus pocus. Oh look, the S**t O line is getting a QB killed, so his game stats will be affected. Does a QBR rating tell us that? Of course it doesn't and that's why I go by the eye test. It tells me a whole lot more than a piece of paper.

You acknowledge the difficulties Brady had last season, so can you not see how that affects pointless rubbish like QBR ratings? Rivers had a WR corp, Brady didn’t and that’s a fact. Who he did or didn’t play is completely irrelevant. He had a useless/new/rookie receiving corp. Rivers had a very good season, but I see no nightmare adversity to overcome so he's not my MVP in 2013.

Compare the 2012 season with Rivers, when Brady had a settled WR corp. He had 1201 more passing yards the Rivers, more TD’s than Rivers and only threw around half the Int’s than Rivers threw. And not that it means anything to me, but yes he also had a higher QBR rating. Maybe Rivers had more banged up WR's, maybe that's why he was so far off the pace in 2012. And isn't that the point, the bigger picture will always affect a QB's stats.

Why are you only looking at Blount?
    You’re the one that brought him up…..
    with BLOUNTSMASH the star of the divisional playoff game.
    Blount smash? No he wasn’t. Are you implying he was a devastating runner? Because he wasn't and that's why I mentioned him in my last post. The Pats had only 64 yards running in the AFC title game. Blount ran for 6 Yards on 5 carries. Vereen was their best rusher with 34 Yards. The Pats couldn’t run the ball when they really needed to run it and therefore they did nothing to help Brady when he needed their help.

First you say he did nothing against the Broncos?
    Not sure what the question mark is for? I just pointed out above he did nothing against the Broncos in the AFC title game or where you watching a different game? 1.2 Yards a carry isn't something to brag about.
    The week before he ran for 166 yards off 24 attempts and FOUR TDs in a 37-27 win... he was the difference maker that day by a distance

In that Colts game, Edelman struggled. He had production but he was clearly gimped. The new rookies who joined the offense - Dobson, Thompkins and Boyce were banjaxed with injuries. Thompkin played but had 0 production. Brady said himself, they found a big weakness in the Colts defense and he was happy to give Blount the ball all day to exploit it. So is that supposed to undermine Brady's achievements in 2013? Because I don't think so. The other significant game he had earlier in the season was against the Bills. and here's why....
    Bill Belichick said. The rain "got worse as the game went along. It was definitely a
    running game."
    Tom Brady was content to hand the ball off rather than throw through rain drops against a team leading the NFL in sacks
    and second in interceptions. "The water on the field at the end, it was just puddles," he said.
    http://http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=331229017
    The game was a monsoon, so they wisely chose the ground game over the run game. Anyway, I already referenced these two games in my previous post. And that was too put your Blountsmash statement in perspective. So I don't know why you're putting up Colts game stats when I already referenced it. You're not introducing some new information you know.....
    You're also really over exaggerating the Pats run game and Blount's contribution. Blount put up most his numbers in 3-4 games. In fact, nearly half his total yards were against the Bill sand the Colts - just two games.
    so don't even try to tell me Brady "carried" them there.
    Jaysus lose the agression. You're wise enough to know that's a figure of speech. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander. Meaning, don’t tell me if Peyton or Drew had of done the same with the Pats offense in 2013, they wouldn’t be hero worshipped and praised by the media. Of course they would and well you know it. But Brady? Well I suppose the media and the wider public are used to him doing great things with so little and take it for granted. You could write it on his headstone at this stage.
    When Blount didn't reproduce the next week (6 yards on 5 carries) though Vereen/Ridley got 51 more yards off 9 other carries. That is why I brought him up for the divisional game.
    64 total rushing yards in the AFC title. Pretty crap I thought and just highlights the work Brady had to do with an inconsistent run game.
    In the regular season he had a massive 189 yard game to end the season against the Bills, with 2 TDs - the exact score the Patriots won by
    Again you’re mentioning a Blount game I already spoke about in my last post.
    If the Patriots lose that game, I am pretty sure they weren't going to be the second seeds.
    What's your point? Are we going into whataboutery now? Sure if Talib didn't get taken out & Injured early in the AFC title game, the Pats might have won it. Brady was leading another possible comeback 4th quarter win against the Panthers. 3 seconds left Brady goes to Gronk in the endzone. Luke Kuechly was wrapped around Gronk. A penalty flag was thrown on the field. The penalty was then mysteriously ruled a no call. TV screen had Kuechly almost riding Gronk. Now if Gronk wasn't fouled he would have probably caught the TD. And since the Pats had beaten the Broncos in the regular season, they would have had home field advantage for the AFC title game. Ah what if? Could have, should have. We all could engage in whataboutery all day but what's the point.
    In total the Patriots had 2,065 rushing yards on 470 carries - a 4.4 per carry average. Meanwhile the Chargers came close in yards on 1,965 but had a lower average of just 4.0 per carry. It's not a massive difference, but the Patriots did have the better running game, and it came up huge to secure homefield in the divisional game, and then to win that divisional game. Hence Brady, while doing very well in difficult circumstances, did not "carry" them there.
    I don’t know what you’re trying to say. I mean what’s your point? Don’t teams normally try and run the ball? Is this supposed to be unusual? I mean are you seriously trying to use a complimentary run game, that every balanced offense in the league will use. Are you trying to use the Pats run game, to try and detract from what Brady did last year? Seriously man, that’s ridiculous.
    You're underestimating Edelman a lot
    More a case of you ignoring what Brady turned him into a lot. Please tell me, what did Edelman do before last season? He had no significant production before last year. He was 6th in the depth chart in 2012, Brady made him No. 1 in 2013 because he had too. He was making do with what he had.

Christ you’ll nearly hear it on every national televised Pats game. Gruden, Collingsworth or some commentator will usually remind us, that Edelman is a guy who would at best, be the 4th of most receiving depth charts. But with the Pats he's a No. 1 and Brady makes him a star.

Look at Welker, he wasn’t drafted, did nothing during his time in Miami, goes to the Patriots and Brady turns him into a stud. Welker himself will tell you he wouldn’t be the player he is today without Brady’s help and coaching and that’s well publicised.
    and like I said the Pats obviously had issues with their receiving corps (especially earlier in the season) but they did also have probably the best TE in the game for a number of games.
    Oh you mean Gronk, the guy they didn’t have for the first 6 weeks of the season. The period of time when he was really needed. Gronk who came back at week 7, yes let’s be clear on that. Gronk was back for the week 7 jets game. What benefit was that to Brady? He already had to endure a nightmare 6 weeks without a reliable pair of hands (apart from Edelman). Gronk coming back at week 7 doesn’t suddenly erase what Brady had to put up with. All those drops his new WR’s were making, all those clear miscommunications.
    Of course the big issue there is that Gronk and Vereen eached missed about half the year with injuries, and the Hernandez debacle meant they didn't have adequate depth behind Gronk.
    Gronk missed more than half the season. He played in 6 games. I’m not counting the Browns game where he had his knee blown out and had insignificant production. Vereen played 8 games, but was clearly still having problems with the broken wrist issue. He certainly wasn’t the Vereen that tormented the Texans in 2012.

First of all, I didn't bring up Rivers having more completions?

This is what was said...
    Rivers had 32 TDs to Bradys 25, a significant 1.3 better YPA, completed a full nine percent more of his attempts

So Rivers throws 7 more TD’s and has more completions than Brady. So what? It’s the least he could do considering Brady started 2013 with no WR corp.

You mentioned completion % and my response was in regard to that. I just forget to stick in the % symbol there. I wasn't talking about throwing more completions, Brady nearly always does that every year anyway.

The Pats try to run it more than the Chargers? Not last year, anyway. San Diego ran the ball 486 times and passed 544 times - 52.8% of the time. New England on the other hand ran the ball 470 times and passed 628 times - 57.6% of the time. Not only played on a more pass heavy team, but he had 84 more pass attempts, which is over 15% more than Rivers did
    Any idea why? Now I could be wrong but I thought Brady was trying to force feed a new WR corp last year. He wanted to get them up to speed. It looked like he was trying to force a chemistry and a connection with these new guys on the field. So of course they ran the ball less than 2012. Why would they increase the run, when Brady needed to get on the same page as his rebuilt WR corp. Just look at how many times he was targeting Brandon Lloyd in 2012, again another new WR. And it was obvious Brady was trying to create/force the connection on the field.
    while Brady did very well under very tough circumstances (particularly in the first half of the season) he wasn't doing it in spite of all of the other 52 men on his roster or anything.
    So when it comes to Brady, we must look at the entire roster. But let’s not do it with anyone other QB ya? So why should we have an MVP then? Or to make it fair, shouldn’t we at least look at the entire roster for every other QB then? We all know it’s a team game, we don’t need to state the obvious. But a QB is expected to lead an offense, to be the offensive leader. Brady started the season with his 5 top WR’s gone. 6 if you include Vereen breaking his wrist at the start of the first game. Brady's passing game from 2012 was wiped out, he elevated a guy who was 6th on the depth chart into a stud. The guy goes from 21 catches for 235 Yards in 2012, to 105 catches and 1056 Yards in 2013. Five times Brady dragged his team from the brink of defeat with 4th quarter comeback wins. In 2012 the Pats were the top Offense in the league and all that production was lost going into the 2013 season.
    he had a solid running game and a defence that were able to keep them in games even if he was struggling
    No, not really the Pats defense was wiped out with injuries last year. You’re overplaying the defense. Losing Mayo and Wilfork was the nail in their defensive coffin. By week 6 they were failing apart and pretty banged up. They had to do more in the early weeks because Brady lost his high scoring offense. But Brady was still putting the winning points on the board. His 4th quarter comeback wins put the team at 12-4, when they could easily have been at 8-8 or 7-9. And that’s why he’s was my MVP in 2013. And If any other QB in the league did that, I'd equally support them for an MVP. I just value players higher who deliver in the face of adversity.

ah now lads, they are all lovely players

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

ah now lads, they are all lovely players

They all have lovely bottoms!

Apparently Russell Wilson is not considered black enough by some black players on the Seahawks
    There is also an element of race that needs to be discussed. My feeling on this—and it’s backed up by several interviews with Seahawks players—is that some of the black players think Wilson isn’t black enough.

http://thebiglead.com/2014/10/22/russell-wilson-is-black-enough-seahawks-players-allegedly-say/

On a serious note, its one of the most ridiculous and racist notions that somebody must act a certain way because of your race...its pretty disgusting. Not to mention, he is an unbelievable player and whoever says that should just shut the fcuk up because he is the best player on the Seahawks.

But on a less serious notes, its kinda hilarious because Russell Wilson is a goody 2 shoes dewb, who happens to be a light outs Super Bowl winning QB.

Russell Wilson is basically Carlton Banks.

6.jpg?1387487557russell-wilson.jpg

i5Ihp2vEJ6pn1.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Atlanta Falcons with quite possibly the most amazing info-graphic ever.

B0kKsIAIUAAnn4R.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

Atlanta Falcons with quite possibly the most amazing info-graphic ever.

B0kKsIAIUAAnn4R.jpg

I just want to point out. If the Falcons flew directly to London, instead of stopping in Barcelona, it might cut down on their travel time

In Exile wrote: »
    I just want to point out. If the Falcons flew directly to London, instead of stopping in Barcelona, it might cut down on their travel time

Was just going to say it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Well considering they seem to have trouble counting the number of planes it takes to get there (those return flights are tricky bastards in fairness) it's pretty impressive they at least got the general direction right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Pretty cool interactive map of NFL fan bases by county.

Apologies if already posted.

https://blog.twitter.com/2014/nfl-fan-map-where-are-your-team-s-followers

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Matt Leinart not a fan of Whisenhunt

B0mn8S3CcAE75RE.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Matt Leinart not a fan of Whisenhunt

B0mn8S3CcAE75RE.png

At the moment neither am I!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/23/broncos-release-john-boyett-following-arrest/
    The Denver Post reports that police say Boyett “drunkenly head-butted and punched a cab driver, stole a shovel from a construction site then tried to hide from officers by covering himself in mulch” before being arrested. Once arrested Boyett allegedly repeatedly slammed his head into a police car window while yelling and spitting and told officers to contact his boss John Elway.

6da082fbfafcf593d64799e9da4e11b4df2899b7459116a78e650d8b377a421f.jpg

Got released from the Colts for pretty much the same thing too, according to the article. Bye bye NFL career.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Got released from the Colts for pretty much the same thing too, according to the article. Bye bye NFL career.

This is exactly what he did! Got arrested and then told the cops to contact the Colts! ****in idiot!

The stupidity that goes with FF each year never ceases to amaze me

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/10/24/7064975/fantasy-football-fight-video

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 2m2 minutes ago
    The Bucs have agreed to terms w Gerald McCoy on a new 7 year extension for close to $100 million #scoopage

• Advertisement

Shonne Greene arrested on multiple charges last night, seems like a traffic issue but not many details at the moment

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement