Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Actually it seems he parker in a handicap spot and when he was stopped by a cop fled the scene because he has a suspended licence, moron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Wanna see a 350lb Olineman throw a TD pass?

Yeah you do!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Hazys wrote: »

Yeah you do!

Are you sure it's a lineman and not Jared Lorenzo's brother....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Hazys wrote: »

Yeah you do!

Worst. Pass Rush. Ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

frostie500 wrote: »
    Are you sure it's a lineman and not Jared Lorenzo's brother....

@JaredLorenzen22: Congrats to the Arkansas OL that threw the TD. That's one record I'm happy to give up. #fatmanthrowingtd #BBN

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

This lad is milking his name anyway..Getting shoutouts off celebs the whole time.

http://instagram.com/jjwatt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Trade deadline at 4pm EST tomorrow

Not heard of any trades about to take place though, all quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Worth bearing in mind re: Bridgewater:

Ian Kenyon ‏@IanKenyonNFL 5m5 minutes ago
    I feel the need to remind people that Teddy Bridgewater is 2 years younger than Derek Carr, 3 yrs younger than Geno, 4 yrs younger than RW

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Rumours starting to circulate that mike smith is about to be fired. The london game has actually started to develop a bit of a curse of its own now actually, its gotten quite a few coaches fired at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

spiralism wrote: »
    Rumours starting to circulate that mike smith is about to be fired. The london game has actually started to develop a bit of a curse of its own now actually, its gotten quite a few coaches fired at this stage

Want it to rub off and get dom capers ****ed out the door on his face

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Arthur Blank's comments (Falcons owner) do not bode well for Smith.
    "You're up 21-0," Blank said, via the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "There's no way you lose that game -- just no way. There's nothing else I can say."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Mike Smith signed a 1 year extension last January and is under contract until 2016. He earns 2.2 million per year which isn't near the top paid coaches.

Wouldn't be ruinous to sack Mike Smith at all.

Here's a quick list for 2013
    Sean Payton - 8 million
    Bill Belichek - 7.5 million
    Andy Reid - 7.5 million
    Pete Carroll - 7 miilion
    Jeff Fischer - 7 million
    Mike Shanahan - 7 million
    Tom Coughlan - 6.67 million
    Chip Kelly - 6.5 million

If he doesnt get fired id be shocked, with them coming into a bye and all it makes sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

He's sacked at the end of the season so I don't see any point in wasting time. In their division they aren't out of it yet completely and with their team they could turn it around with a new coach. After that Lions game morale in the dressing room must be rock bottom and a new coach could help lift that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭franglan

In other news Mike Vicks starts for the Jets against Kansas. According to Rex Ryan Geno could do with looking at the field from a different position aka the bench!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

franglan wrote: »
    In other news Mike Vicks starts for the Jets against Kansas. According to Rex Ryan Geno could do with looking at the field from a different position aka the bench!

UP until this week I was in the Geno camp. Wasn't his biggest fan but I still thought he needed help around him to make it (he still does) but to see how he bottled things yesterday, it is impossible to have any faith in him.

To throw nearly half his passes to the opposition, it shows no bottle. We are currently, in my opinion, in the same spot the Colts were in the year Manning was injured.
    We have a decent defense, that still needs at least 3-4 starters. We need 3-4 new starters in the O Line, at least 1 more WR, a RB and a good QB.

Is the season over yet??

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter
    Bears DE Lamarr Houston tore his ACL and is out for the year.

He injured himself celebrating a sack on Garoppolo while down by 25 points with 3 minutes left. Just...****ing wow. Chicago are an absolute ****epile at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

He injured himself celebrating a sack on Garoppolo while down by 25 points with 3 minutes left. Just...****ing wow. Chicago are an absolute ****epile at the moment.
    Thank god von's sack dances are low impact

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Yeah crazy. Shows you still how some guys can be so invidualistic in a team game. The Bears are really struggling. It will be interesting to see if they can come out with a bit of fight in them after their bye week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

honestly i think thats such a stupid thing to do, you're down you get a sack, get yourself and your team mates back to the line in a hurry and get ready to sack the QB again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Watching it live on TV was truly bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

The laughing stock of the league.

There's not a team I'd pick Chicago to beat right now.

SameOleJay wrote: »

Oakland? They're an even bigger dumpster fire

Oakland? They're an even bigger dumpster fire

It'd be a match for the ages.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

SameOleJay wrote: »

djxeq.jpg

Pretty bad luck for Chicago that they look this ****e and may still end up picking outside of the top 5 because there's a few really ****ing bad teams this year. Oakland, Jets, Jacksonville, Atlanta and Tampa Bay look absolutely horrendous this year.

Can someone tell me the value of a top ten pick this year? How top heavy is the class?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Pretty bad luck for Chicago that they look this ****e and may still end up picking outside of the top 5 because there's a few really ****ing bad teams this year. Oakland, Jets, Jacksonville, Atlanta and Tampa Bay look absolutely horrendous this year.

If they can land a top end young QB because of that, it could be a long term benefit. Then they can choose between sitting him behind Cutler for a year or testing out Cutlers trade value with a team like the Texans for example. Same goes for the Rams, though Austin Davis has been decent enough in the games I have watched he's not looking like someone to carry an offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Billy86 wrote: »
    If they can land a top end young QB because of that, it could be a long term benefit. Then they can choose between sitting him behind Cutler for a year or testing out Cutlers trade value with a team like the Texans for example. Same goes for the Rams, though Austin Davis has been decent enough in the games I have watched he's not looking like someone to carry an offence.

Our GM has more or less said they don't intend drafting a new QB.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Our GM has more or less said they don't intend drafting a new QB.

Bad move if you don't. Cutler isn't bad, but he also definitely isn't "the guy". A shame too since there's so much talent at WR and RB around him. Jeffery/Marshall are a perfect pairing for a young QB to get in the swing of things under, even in doubt you can just lob it up in their direction and they'll come down with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement