Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Billy86 wrote: »
    I agree here... but only because it made Rodgers in 2012 look even more unbelievable than he already is. :p

Poor old Tom hasn't Aaron's speed or mobility to escape certain death from an incoming sack. So he has to just suck it up and take it.:(

But at least he won't be pulling his hamstring.....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Billy86 wrote: »
    Still people can have opinions obviously, and opinions can also be wrong, obviously.
    I don't think you get how this works at all.

Anyway, back on topic, there's been a big lack of "General Banter" in this thread lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Shedite27 wrote: »

Anyway, back on topic, there's been a big lack of "General Banter" in this thread lately
    It is my opinion that Mark Sanchez is better than Brady and Manning. Yes, opinions can be wrong. Now let's leave it at that.

Poor old Tom hasn't Aaron's speed or mobility to escape certain death from an incoming sack. So he has to just suck it up and take it.:(

YOU SONUVAB*TCH!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

yeah but......

tom-brady-ugg.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

yeah but......

tom-brady-ugg.png

Must buy Uggs
    Must buy Uggs
    Must buy Uggs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

yeah but......

Go on raze, you know you want this coat....

7K8PKe.jpg

Pictured leaving Gillette after the Jets game, the loon God has been posting these cheesy photos after each win.:D

Can't top this... it's like Randy Marsh somehow got on the set of American Hustle. :p

1SDcwja.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Shedite27 wrote: »

You covered the weird and wacky quite well at least. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Go on raze, you know you want this coat....

7K8PKe.jpg

Pictured leaving Gillette after the Jets game, the loon God has been posting these cheesy photos after each win.:D

I want something of his
    gisele-bundchen.jpg?w=182&h=300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

I want something of his
    gisele-bundchen.jpg?w=182&h=300

You'd have to dye your hair blonde and don a checkered blue shirt and red pants.
    F4BFGCNDKpA_JgjgX20bmU5Uzgj-lxjNs9afFgL0le-R1WDMDSNvaCr_CMHEuGK3iHTYMb-1aInNxWpNOMv2PKGENDgyvdpVPC1gX64QwQ_alAkmb1nPYX-P7A98A9496AWGSO-KusPkaQ-o0k56ANxS=w422-h620-nc

• Advertisement

And a thick Boston accent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Put together a table of stats to help with this Philip Rivers debate. All stats since the beginning of last season.

Zhejwcc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

That's the direction this banter was going in. An excel spreadsheet direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Rivers is amazing- one of my favourite players in the league.

If my life is on the line in a game tomorrow I go Tom, Peyton and Rodgers ahead of him. Ben is playing out of his mind right now he’s probably a wash. Brees looks to have regressed slightly to me so I’ll call him a wash too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Cowboys PR department need to re-evaluate their career choices...

10688198_10152818863731100_6770698062006900136_o.png

Had Twitter been around when Brokeback Mountain was released, I'm sure we'd have seem a similar hashtag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Ah the types of fans we all loathe with their bitterness. Every team has them:

http://bdcwire.com/list/broncos-fan-posts-most-delusional-insane-message-ever-after-patriots-loss/

Some Examples from link:

TruthFactory.png

Pats-Cheat-2.png

Spygate.png

Best-One.png

Pats-Fans-Suck.png

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Anyone ever see thepftpoet comments on PFT?

Troll Vikings fan who is the best in the game by a mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Hilarious comment by Drew Bledsoe:
    Going to play quarterback for the Jets … it’s kind of like, you know when they used to take the pretty young virgin up to the edge of the volcano and then just throw them in?

But its accurate, they have 0 ability to develop a QB and no plan short term or long term for a QB at all, they just throw sh1t at the wall and hoping something sticks and in the process crush any confidence or potential a young QB could have.

The Jets will probably have a top 3 pick this year, i'd say any top potential QBs in this draft will be dreading being drafted by the Jets.

Maybe a HC or GM change may help but the ineptitude seems to come from the Owner down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

TO. wrote: »
    Ah the types of fans we all loathe with their bitterness. Every team has them:

http://bdcwire.com/list/broncos-fan-posts-most-delusional-insane-message-ever-after-patriots-loss/

They all seem like well reasoned arguments to me.....

The actual comments under the article (about comments) aren't pretty reading either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Filed under weird & wacky but definitely not awesome is the Raven's roster

The Ravens have 3 corners on the roster and only two are healthy. Meanwhile they have 6 safeties.

Please tell me there is a genius plan behind this as I'm not seeing it :o

Is 340lbs Haloti Ngata the answer? 2 interceptions and credited with 6 passes defended which is more then Richard Sherman or Patrick Peterson :cool:
    B1S46IqCYAAeQCB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

mikemac1 wrote: »
    The Ravens have 3 corners on the roster and only two are healthy. Meanwhile they have 6 safeties.

Is 340lbs Haloti Ngata the answer? 2 interceptions and credited with 6 passes defended which is more then Richard Sherman or Patrick Peterson :cool:
    B1S46IqCYAAeQCB.jpg

He would do about as good a job in coverage as some of what has been happening this season. Incredibly unlucky in terms of injuries or terrible roster management, I'm not sure :pac:. Sucks seeing a talented player like Matt Elam losing so much confidence by being misused as he has been this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Filed under weird & wacky but definitely not awesome is the Raven's roster

B1S46IqCYAAeQCB.jpg

Giants will trade you Hosley for Will Hill. No problem.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

If a team was looking to draft him before, they still will now in my opinion. I believe he was projected for rounds 5-7 so it was extremely unlikely he would have had much chance of starting from week 1 or even at all as a rookie. I do feel bad for the guy, but a team that liked him as a project being a pro style QB with a very good arm who needs to play smarter will still like him now, it just means there's a bigger chance he starts the season on PUP/IR or even the practice squad. He's fortunate that as a QB a leg injury is nowhere near as bad as ahead injury, of anything on his throwing arm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

poldebruin wrote: »
    They all seem like well reasoned arguments to me.....

Must not bite :D
    The actual comments under the article (about comments) aren't pretty reading either.

Pretty much the point of my post. Most sites with comments no matter what team have idiots that make ridiculous posts after games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

really feel for the guy

It's not often you see someone come out with such a genuine and heartfelt anger. It's usually platitudes about coming back stronger and being better for it. I like it.

Hope he recovers and gets a shot somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

theres everyones new favourite guy to root for in probably a few drafts time now

Feel sorry for the guy, but I'd have been shocked to see him drafted at all before the injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Knex. wrote: »
    Giants will trade you Hosley for Will Hill. No problem.

We will throw in Chandler Fenner as well

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement