Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

PSA - the 30 for 30 documentary on Randy Moss is on this Tuesday :D

Apologies if posted already, but here's the documentary:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Anyone any idea if that series UnDrafted im seeing advertised is going to be run or uploaded on to Game Pass? Looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Tristram wrote: »
    edit: Raiders can't be happy with what they have at RB?
    I think after last night, things are beginning to look up for the Running Game in Oakland :D

To be fair, Murray looks good but we still need depth at the position. We dont know if he can carry the load yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Some great running from him it appears. Did he leave with a concussion?

Scarlet for the lads over celebrating the sack...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

They were incredibly fortunate Tucker(?) called that TO. That could have cost them the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Tristram wrote: »
    Some great running from him it appears. Did he leave with a concussion?
    He did. Got Clobbered by the Safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The Oakland win completes a "NFL Circle of Life" for the season
    bd9758b3dab6ede8cd75f556d83f63e5_original.png?1416586139
    "The natural order of things came full circle Thursday night when the winless Oakland Raiders beat the Kansas City Chiefs.

The victory completed the NFL food chain and, more importantly, reminded everyone that any team can lose on any given day. It also proved the Raiders are better than the Green Bay Packers, by virtue of deductive reasoning."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2275659-nfl-circle-of-life-completed-with-raiders-win-over-chiefs

Do you lads think the Vikings will cut Peterson? I think there's a good chance he'd have been cut this offseason anyway as he is due $15.4m and they only have to carry $2.4m dead money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

If they do it will be interesting to see where he goes - the Colts will definitely have to be tempted for one.

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    If they do it will be interesting to see where he goes - the Colts will definitely have to be tempted for one.

Depending on money (Peterson taking a pay cut), perhaps the Cowboys with Dallas letting Murray walk if he's too expensive, especially as they need to re-sign Bryant too?

Or Seattle if/when Lynch is gone, depending on their cap space - they've got a big "win something here" bonus too, over other suitors. Of course, most likely he gets a big money deal with the Redskins and we never hear from him again. :p

Here's an interesting question... who has been the most disruptive defensive player in the NFL on a per-snap basis, in terms of total sacks, QB hits, forced fumbles, fumbles recovered, tackles for loss and interceptions combined?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Paully D wrote: »
    Do you lads think the Vikings will cut Peterson? I think there's a good chance he'd have been cut this offseason anyway as he is due $15.4m and they only have to carry $2.4m dead money.

Welcome to Baltimore! :)

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Welcome to Baltimore! :)

I think that's the last team he'll be going to! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ah, the wretched NFC South

You'll remember Seattle got to the playoffs at 7-9 a few years back.

Statically it's possible for Atlanta to get the playoffs at 5-11. I know, I know that's very unlikely but even 6-10 would not surprise me.

B3KS9HECYAAb5fV.png:large

green means a W and the first step in this is for Baltimore to win tonight on MNF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Tom Brady's debut was a 34-9 win over Detroit on 23rd November 2000.

Exactly 14 years to the day yesterday, the Pats beat Detroit 34-9 again.

Thought that was pretty cool!

Is there something i am missing about Beast Mode?

Is it the money he's looking for in Seattle that has him on the fringe of leaving or does he not like it there?

I would have thought they would be eager to keep him there as he wins games and is always a threat. I know he's had injury problems but he's never really gone inactive for any great period?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Tom Brady's debut was a 34-9 win over Detroit on 23rd November 2000.

That was a 34-9 loss in 2000 for New England.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Ah, the wretched NFC South

You'll remember Seattle got to the playoffs at 7-9 a few years back.

Statically it's possible for Atlanta to get the playoffs at 5-11. I know, I know that's very unlikely but even 6-10 would not surprise me.

B3KS9HECYAAb5fV.png:large

green means a W and the first step in this is for Baltimore to win tonight on MNF

that'd nearly make me want a rule where if nobody in the division wins a certain number of games theres an extra wildcard spot. its horribly unfair on some of the teams in real conferences and devalues the regular season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

BKWDR wrote: »
    Is there something i am missing about Beast Mode?

Is it the money he's looking for in Seattle that has him on the fringe of leaving or does he not like it there?

I would have thought they would be eager to keep him there as he wins games and is always a threat. I know he's had injury problems but he's never really gone inactive for any great period?
    Money is the issue, although they apparently haven't had talks about a new contract by all accounts!

They've just given Sherman and Thomas new deals and Wilson is due a bumper one in the next year or so!

I guess they also think that Lynch will fall off a cliff very soon and the general devaluation of the position means they aren't willing to put too much money into it!

If I were to guess I'd say Lynch wants a longish term deal (in terms of the RB contracts that are going around nowadays) with money guaranteed as it's likely to be his last significant contract! Seattle are probably willing to meet him on wages but on a much shorter contract with very little guaranteed

But again this is all speculation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Money is the issue, although they apparently haven't had talks about a new contract by all accounts!

They've just given Sherman and Thomas new deals and Wilson is due a bumper one in the next year or so!

I guess they also think that Lynch will fall off a cliff very soon and the general devaluation of the position means they aren't willing to put too much money into it!

If I were to guess I'd say Lynch wants a longish term deal (in terms of the RB contracts that are going around nowadays) with money guaranteed as it's likely to be his last significant contract! Seattle are probably willing to meet him on wages but on a much shorter contract with very little guaranteed

But again this is all speculation!

It's definitely about money. He wants a decent contract and the Hawks aren't willing to give it to them as he has a lot of thread on the tyres. They have given big contracts to Sherman and Thomas and then there is Wilson's payday coming down the line too.

Added to that they have a very young defence that has guys like Wagner, Avril, Wright etc that all will be looking for some hefty enough dollar and it just doesn't seem like they are willing to take Lynch over some of these guys.

Remember too that they did the same thing for Shaun Alexander back in the day when he was coming towards the end of his career. They made him the highest paid running back in history if I remember correctly at the time and when Steve Hutchinson left, he didn't have a 1000 yard season the rest of his career.

Lynch is a quality running back but with maybe only two years or so at the top left they'd be mad to pay him over the guys I mentioned above -- especially when you talk about long term success. Same thing has happened to running backs the last few years like Chris Johnson. It's a young mans position and they have a few decent RBs on the roster and they'll probably look to draft someone too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

for anyone that has not seen it iv just watched 30 for 30: brian and the boz its outstanding one of the better ones iv seen maby the best since the u

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

ryan mallett out for the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

ryan mallett out for the season!

He had pain during the week and decided to ignore and play through it. And now he has a torn pectoral unfortunately.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

That catch from beckham for the giants tho.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

He had pain during the week and decided to ignore and play through it. And now he has a torn pectoral unfortunately.:(

Ryan Fitz definately has a host of voodoo dolls

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Langdon Alger

nerd69 wrote: »
    for anyone that has not seen it iv just watched 30 for 30: brian and the boz its outstanding one of the better ones iv seen maby the best since the u

I thought it was excellent. He was some college football player

I thought it was excellent. He was some college football player

that elway story with the ban the box tshirts is hilarious and it was going on at the same time as the u, must have been some time to be following football

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Awful to hear about what is going on with Eric Berry from the Chiefs. Hopefully he'll be okay.

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/537007309046939648

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/537009063922794496

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement