Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

lot of people hyped for the eagles boys game next week already i was supremely confident until i read a skip bayless tweet(link below) (i know hes an idiot) and suddenly I'm less confident although i still think we will win

id like to get a neutral perspective in it he claims the boys have a better qb,rb,wr,line and d.
    now its hard to argue with qb,wr and i would prob agree with rb,line (although i think its closer than you would think) but surly there d is not viewed as better and we have a huge advantage in coaching and special teams.?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3OwOYZCcAA32Lq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

nerd69 wrote: »
    lot of people hyped for the eagles boys game next week already i was supremely confident until i read a skip bayless tweet(link below) (i know hes an idiot) and suddenly I'm less confident although i still think we will win

id like to get a neutral perspective in it he claims the boys have a better qb,rb,wr,line and d.
    now its hard to argue with qb,wr and i would prob agree with rb,line (although i think its closer than you would think) but surly there d is not viewed as better and we have a huge advantage in coaching and special teams.?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3OwOYZCcAA32Lq.jpg

I think it's going to be a cracking game but I think the cowboys are going to win myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Terrell Suggs registered his 100th sack last night. Here's a pretty cool picture showing how many he has had on each QB. The image is huge so I'll just include the link to same:

http://cdn.na16.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/terrell-suggs-sack-infographic.jpg

9 different Browns QB's on the list!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Here's Shermans press conference from today:D

Funny interview but at the same time he was 100 percent correct in his criticising of the league they really need to cop on at times they have such a huge monymaking machine you would think they would try to keep there players happy but there seems to be stupid fines and bans every month now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Paully D wrote: »
    Terrell Suggs registered his 100th sack last night. Here's a pretty cool picture showing how many he has had on each QB. The image is huge so I'll just include the link to same:

http://cdn.na16.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/terrell-suggs-sack-infographic.jpg
    Who's he missing? Obviously different divisions etc means there's some he hasn't even played.

Can't see Wilson, Kapernick, Eli. Any more biggies he hasn't sacked?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Lionbacker wrote: »
    Here's Shermans press conference from today:D

Love the player safety point they made, two games in five days certainly has affected the quality of a lot of the games we've all saw. TNF is a money maker and is here to stay, but if changes aren't made. It will definitely be a big issue at the next CBA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

ESPN article

It's unnecessarily long, the writer has a lot of fluff in there. But the subject is very interesting!

Cowboys left tackle Tyron Smith signed a 4 year 12.5 million rookie deal, he was a top 10 draft pick. And he was richly rewarded this year with a massive contract.

The article is about his family & hangers-on, a right shower of leaches! Making demands for property, bringing along strangers on trips and pissing away over 1 million of Smith's money in under a year.

Now I know Tyron Smith has one of the biggest deals ever signed but the article examines the pressures that fans never see. By the end of reading it Tyron Smith seems a smart and well adjusted young man, he'll do alright

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

work is quiet today.. good read

haha eagles fans trolling the cowboys twitter account again putting up controversial posts and making it look like they're retweeted from the cowboys official account
    http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/11/27/7299385/eagles-fans-troll-dallas-cowboys-twitter-account

also this in one of the greatest back pages iv ever seen
    http://www.crossingbroad.com/2014/11/the-ny-post-back-page-is-pretty-amazing-today.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CrossingBroad+%28Crossing+Broad%29

• Advertisement

lesean mccoy has become the leagles all time leading rusher during todays game and thank god 6538 career yards was pitiful for a franchise record. may there be many more to come

who's this lyle alzado sounds like a very very interesting story iv not heard of him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

So Ray Rice has won his appeal and is to be reinstated immediately. Will anyone sign him??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

me89 wrote: »
    So Ray Rice has won his appeal and is to be reinstated immediately. Will anyone sign him??

Not a hope, he comes with a lot of stigma and he is just a shadow of his former self. He's nothing better than a backup RB at this stage and certainly not worth the media frenzy that will come with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

He was certainly declining before the suspension, that more than any of the off field stuff will dissuade teams from signing him. That being said if you are a play off team with injuries at RB you could do worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Colts could be a possible landing spot for him, Playoff team in strong need of running backs options and then there's the Pagano-Ravens link aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,369 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hazys wrote: »
    Not a hope, he comes with a lot of stigma and he is just a shadow of his former self. He's nothing better than a backup RB at this stage and certainly not worth the media frenzy that will come with it.
    Plenty of teams will be interested. Coming in fresh this late in the season makes him appealing I'd imagine for a team fighting for the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

eagle eye wrote: »
    Plenty of teams will be interested. Coming in fresh this late in the season makes him appealing I'd imagine for a team fighting for the playoffs.

Yeah but he would turn your team into a circus freak show, it would be disastrous publicity and no serious team wants the distraction. I expect the jets to sign him up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

FABF16_1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 38,369 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah but he would turn your team into a circus freak show, it would be disastrous publicity and no serious team wants the distraction. I expect the jets to sign him up tomorrow.
    That stuff only lasts a couple of days. All he has to do is keep his head down and work hard and another story comes along and he is pretty much forgotten about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

eagle eye wrote: »
    That stuff only lasts a couple of days. All he has to do is keep his head down and work hard and another story comes along and he is pretty much forgotten about.

Not the way the jets would handle it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Guffy

Not the way the jets would handle it!

With the jets on a carousel of nonsense news being turned into big news it could make sense for them. Take him now at min contract. By time new season roles around another qb change and its yesterday's news

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Just in case anyone actually doubted that the AFC North is the best division in football ;)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/25/afc-north-sets-new-mark-with-all-teams-three-games-over-500/
    According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Baltimore’s move to a 7-4 record makes the AFC North the first division in NFL history to have all of its teams at least three games over .500 at the same time.

i can't be the only one who hopes the rams trade for rg3 just for the storyline it would basically end up the skins trading 3 first rounders and a second rounder for maby a third rounder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Mad to think this:

Browns have used 20 different starting QBs since team returned to CLEV in 1999, most in NFL in that time. Hoyer is only 1 w/ winning record. - As per Adam Schefter on Twitter.

Watch them go and bench Hoyer for Manziel though. Just watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

TO. wrote: »
    Mad to think this:

Browns have used 20 different starting QBs since team returned to CLEV in 1999, most in NFL in that time. Hoyer is only 1 w/ winning record. - As per Adam Schefter on Twitter.

Watch them go and bench Hoyer for Manziel though. Just watch.

He's been only ok this year though and in some games (like the Atlanta one), the team has won in spite of him. A lot was made of the long non interception run he went on but I watched a few of those games in full and he should have been picked off several times but for terrible attempts from the opposing defence.

Credit where credit is due though and he did perform brilliantly in late drives against the Saints and Titans and in both Steelers matches but it really was his ineffectiveness to close out that home loss to the Ravens, the loss against the Jags and the two most recent games that have Pettine thinking about a change.

It will be a tough call as if he plumps for Manziel and Johnny doesn't perform, it would be interesting to see what he does then. Does he stick with Johnny or go back to Hoyer? He's going to knock someone's confidence badly either way and probably the safe call is to stick with Hoyer and see how he performs in the first half against the Colts. Then either stick or twist with JFF.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Hoyer did it without 2 of the browns best players. I would be so pissed to be benched

Hoyer did it without 2 of the browns best players. I would be so pissed to be benched

Yeah and since Josh Gordon has come back he's just targetted him over and over. That's the first thing that they have to sort out

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Yeah and since Josh Gordon has come back he's just targetted him over and over. That's the first thing that they have to sort out

same thing happens stafford i can understand the temptation when you have a receiver like that but you would think they would know you can't do that at this level

• Advertisement

Might have been said above but Brett Keisel out for the year with a torn triceps suffered on Sunday vs the Saints. Big loss for them down the stretch, epsecially in the dressing room.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement