Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis on the prospect of facing Manziel....
    Bengals Lewis said QB switch wouldn't affect prep. "You've got to go defend the offense, you don't defend the player. Particularly a midget"

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12002151/marvin-lewis-cincinnati-bengals-coach-calls-john-manziel-midget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Browns to win, so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

It's party time.

TvjFChX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

DEVELOPING STORY
    CAM NEWTON INJURED IN CAR ACCIDENT
    The Panthers QB suffered two transverse process fractures in his lower back and no further internal injuries, the team announced.

That doesn't sound good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Typical Cam Newton drive so, ending up in a turnover..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Morrison J wrote: »
    Typical Cam Newton drive so, ending up in a turnover..

Expect a bad response... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭Guffy

Expect a bad response... :-)

Rabble rabble rabble rabble

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

clowney out for 9 months with microfracture surgery you'd have to start getting worried now if your a texans fan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Jesus, that is serious. Terrible news for the Texans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Yikes, microfracture surgery is pretty much the hail mary of procedures. The chances of him retaining his explosiveness are very slim. Disaster for Houston.

• Advertisement

crying shame if it goes wrong people will be looking at this draft in 10 years saying the texans where idiots for taking an injury prone player ::rolleyes:

really hope he can get back but even if he stays healthy next year is will likely be at least the year after until he's right (or as close to right as he can be)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

my season long reign continues to ruin players, have clowney and cam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Pick up some Broncos would ya? :p

Tristram wrote: »
    Pick up some Broncos would ya? :p

Had julius thomas, traded him away. Hasn played since!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cowboys CB Scandrick goes to visit kids at a sick hospital

Ace :D

plays Madden...
    Also ace!

Cheeses the kid to death!

http://deadspin.com/orlando-scandrick-plays-madden-to-win-even-at-a-childr-1669454031

Apparently he picked the kid off aswell and danced around the room :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Cowboys CB Scandrick goes to visit kids at a sick hospital

Ace :D

plays Madden...
    Also ace!

Cheeses the kid to death!

http://deadspin.com/orlando-scandrick-plays-madden-to-win-even-at-a-childr-1669454031

Apparently he picked the kid off aswell and danced around the room :eek:

http://www.bofunk.com/video/686/dave_chapelle_-__street_hoops.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Hazys wrote: »

That was the first thing I thought of too. IN YOUR FACE! IN YOUR FACE! I'm sorry, I'm sorry...

Adrian Peterson has had his appeal denied. His suspension stands.

not sure if this has been said here but the league announced and instantly implemented a new player conduct policy during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

12 Dec
    DARNELL DOCKETT ✔ @ddockett
    @kurt13warner ..........

Kurt Warner ✔ @kurt13warner
    Follow
    @ddockett Your killing me... If I thought I could, I would!!!!
    5:42 AM - 12 Dec 2014
    384 RETWEETS 596 FAVORITES ReplyRetweetFavorite

• Advertisement

HigginsJ wrote: »
    12 Dec
    DARNELL DOCKETT ✔ @ddockett
    @kurt13warner ..........

Kurt Warner ✔ @kurt13warner
    Follow
    @ddockett Your killing me... If I thought I could, I would!!!!
    5:42 AM - 12 Dec 2014
    384 RETWEETS 596 FAVORITES ReplyRetweetFavorite

??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭Guffy

??

Cardinals job I'm guessing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I really hate the talk of Warner coming back. Have people short memories or something? QB's are not gonna be the same when they're not constantly keeping their mind on the game. Keeping in shape is one thing, but being able to be a starting NFL QB is on a different level entirely.

I really hate the talk of Warner coming back. Have people short memories or something? QB's are not gonna be the same when they're not constantly keeping their mind on the game. Keeping in shape is one thing, but being able to be a starting NFL QB is on a different level entirely.

there is only one man for the job

Tim-Tebow-Keynote.jpg

there is only one man for the job

Tim-Tebow-Keynote.jpg
    That's Not funny. Tebow should never be allowed back on the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Itssoeasy wrote: »

I would love to see that though. It would make for a great story. I know a lot of people are joking about this, but Denver were winning games with him throwing 8-15 times a game. Why not turn into an all out rushing team with that defence and maybe throw 3 or 4 bombs downfield?

I wonder what the serious options are now though? John Skelton was in Arizona a few years ago and is available I think. Maybe Josh Freeman? Can you really expect to win with Ryan Lindley or Logan Thomas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

poldebruin wrote: »
    I would love to see that though. It would make for a great story. I know a lot of people are joking about this, but Denver were winning games with him throwing 8-15 times a game. Why not turn into an all out rushing team with that defence and maybe throw 3 or 4 bombs downfield?
    Because they have the worst running game in the league, and placed their #1 RB on IR during the week. And also because Tebow is a terrible, terrible quarterback.

I reckon sticking with Lindley is their best bet. There's a reason nobody has wanted too touch Freeman with a ten foot pole for a while now, and if they are going to just bring someone else in now then there wasn't much point in having him there at all in the first place. There really isn't anyone on the market otherwise I can think of.

poldebruin wrote: »

I wonder what the serious options are now though? John Skelton was in Arizona a few years ago and is available I think. Maybe Josh Freeman? Can you really expect to win with Ryan Lindley or Logan Thomas?

tebow was one of the worst qbs in the game and people where still talking about him daily months after he left the league and years after it was evident he was not of a sufficient standard to play in the league id really rather not rekindle that fire also i have little to no faith in a player who's best trait is that "he has god on his side"

nerd69 wrote: »
    tebow was one of the worst qbs in the game and people where still talking about him daily months after he left the league and years after it was evident he was not of a sufficient standard to play in the league id really rather not rekindle that fire also i have little to no faith in a player who's best trait is that "he has god on his side"

Not many QB's floating around who have won a playoff game while throwing for 300 yards ;)

The Cards are in a really tough spot now. Lindley is not even back up quality, howitzer arm aside Thomas is a long way from being ready for NFL action. It seems Stanton might be back for the playoffs but think they are one & done irregardless which is a shame.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Spoilsport!! NFL network would go into over drive. The amount of articles dedicated to a potential Manziel vs Tebow Super Bowl would possibly crash the web.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement