Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭Guffy

Texans, if only for JJ and cushing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

adrian522 wrote: »
    http://imgur.com/a/Jxpvl?gallery

This is cool, Reddit Word cloud for each team to show what fans were most exercised by this season...

Very nice! I liked linking words and seeing what came up. Some funny ones. Pats fans sure mention Peyton Manning an awful lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

mikemac1 wrote: »
    A lot of teams don't want to be on Hard Knocks, the odd franchise or two might want it if the owner wants marketing and to raise the profile

Reported that the league will start forcing teams to do it

To be exempt:
    Teams with first-year coaches
    Teams that have made the playoffs the last two seasons
    Teams that have been on the show the last 10 years.

The teams are could be picked are:
    Redskins
    Giants
    Vikings
    Bucs
    Rams
    Browns
    Texans
    Jaguars
    Titans

The Jags actually did it when Jack Del Rio was head coach back in 2004. Their 10 year exemption is up

Well that's easy, the Browns.

Didn't watch it past the first couple of episodes this year. Seemed like they'd reduced the camera access a lot, which made it pretty boring. Not sure if that was a one-off thing with the Falcons or not.

Would be back watching again if Johnny Football was on though.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Langdon Alger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

There's another bunch of f-words in the Dolphins' reddit, I imagine.

@AdamSchefter: Dolphins announced they officially reached agreement with Mike Tannenbaum to become Executive VP of Football Operations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,898 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Morten Andersen
    Steve Atwater
    Jerome Bettis
    Tim Brown
    Isaac Bruce
    Don Coryell
    Roger Craig
    Terrell Davis
    Tony Dungy
    Kevin Greene
    Charles Haley
    Marvin Harrison
    Torry Holt
    Joe Jacoby
    Edgerrin James
    Jimmy Johnson
    Mike Kenn
    Ty Law
    John Lynch
    Kevin Mawae
    Karl Mecklenburg
    Orlando Pace
    Junior Seau
    Will Shields
    Kurt Warner
    Darren Woodson
    So fifteen of these 26 will be selected tonight by which the hall of fame class of 2015 will be picked from.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

has any coach ever been active while being in the hall of fame jimmy johnson for example could get voted in and could easily come back coaching for the right position

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

kurt warner and junior saneau will be in i reckon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ex dolphin full back, falls off boat in the Atlantic, swims 12 hours back to Florida

http://news.sky.com/story/1404688/ex-dolphins-12-hour-swim-after-falling-off-boat

Ex dolphin full back, falls off boat in the Atlantic, swims 12 hours back to Florida

http://news.sky.com/story/1404688/ex-dolphins-12-hour-swim-after-falling-off-boat

Well he's clearly a cyborg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

nerd69 wrote: »
    Well he's clearly a cyborg

or a Dolphin :pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

kurt warner and junior saneau will be in i reckon

Warner hasn't had a good enough career to be a first choice HOFer imo. How his St. Louis time finished and his time with the Giants and his start at the Cardinals should really rule him out as first ballot guy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

He's on NFL Network though so he's in. Dungy is on TV too so he'll also be in.

Charles Haley? 5 Superbowls, 100 sacks, key member of 2 different Dynasty teams, he won't be in.

Charles Haley? 5 Superbowls, 100 sacks, key member of 2 different Dynasty teams, he won't be in.

the fact that haley is not in is an absolute travesty by far the biggest missing face from the hall of fame right now in my opinion

this is hilarious

Warner hasn't had a good enough career to be a first choice HOFer imo. How his St. Louis time finished and his time with the Giants and his start at the Cardinals should really rule him out as first ballot guy.

the fact that haley is not in is an absolute travesty by far the biggest missing face from the hall of fame right now in my opinion

Well I was listening to a thing on rich eisen show during the week and the logic to whether a person should be in the HOF is to ask the question, could you write the history of the nfl without this person or not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Do the Cowboys feel any shame at all:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

The Ray Lewis Disney movie, based on a true story: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1yzeo_tv-funhouse-ray-lewis_fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Dick LeBeau has left Pittsburgh. End of an era, the best DC of my generation for sure.

Dick LeBeau has left Pittsburgh. End of an era, the best DC of my generation for sure.

I agree and he was a fairly handy player in his day.

• Advertisement

wow thats huge news hes had to be the longest serving coordinator was he?
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I agree and he was a fairly handy player in his day.

indeed think he got voted into the hall of fame 4-5 years ago

edit:wow someone on reddit just said 56 years in the nfl :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Billy86 wrote: »

Can't wait for next week, these damn Canadians better be big on the NFL!

Saw this quote in the game thread and then I remembered something weird and wacky

See if you can name the city that has won both the Superbowl and the Grey Cup (Canadian Football's championship)
    The Baltimore Stallions beat the Calgary Stampeders in 1995 to win the Grey Cup and of course the Baltimore Ravens have two Superbowls championships
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭PIORUN

Manning was atrocious last night, he really needs to call it a day. His 9th one and done in payoffs, a terrible record for someone thought of as one of the best .

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Saw this quote in the game thread and then I remembered something weird and wacky

See if you can name the city that has won both the Superbowl and the Grey Cup (Canadian Football's championship)
    The Baltimore Stallions beat the Calgary Stampeders in 1995 to win the Grey Cup and of course the Baltimore Ravens have two Superbowls championships
    :)

the hell did they have a cfl team for???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Part of an expansion plan, but none of the other expansions turned a profit and the plan was **** canned a few years after.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah there was an idea to make CFL a more international alternative to the NFL. Didn't relaly work out.

They chose Baltimore mainly coz there wasn't an NFL team in Baltimore between 1983 when the Colts moved out, and 1996 when the Ravens were founded. The CFL team tried to exploit that hole in the market.

There's a 30-for-30 about the Colts Marching Band that goes into it a bit more

I love TB

10926411_10152782279571263_8412864161996615496_n.png?oh=59b9de5f5da1a7919ede685dac55e85d&oe=5539FF01&__gda__=1433173630_6cd05ec470766156804af4eb4ed16811

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

There's going to be a combine for veteran free agents now, which I think is a really good idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement