Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

They just don't know the level of Athlete / Superstar they have on the couch.
    Suh was on a couple of years ago and just got the usual American Football jokes.

Then after him they'll have some league 1 footballer / sh1t band and dribble all over them .

Utter tripe. How it's still going is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

shots have been fired by Eric Winston!!
    Think about it, a 2-year-old could [be NFL Commissioner] and still make money.”
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/30/nflpa-president-eric-winston-takes-a-shot-at-roger-goodell/

• Registered Users Posts: 39,898 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Pro football hall of fame voters are meeting as we speak to elect the 2015 class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Seahawks offer lynch a pretty big contract extension going by reports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Seahawks offer lynch a pretty big contract extension going by reports

he could be getting over 10 mil a year by all accounts so much for the hawks cutting him :D

nerd69 wrote: »
    he could be getting over 10 mil a year by all accounts so much for the hawks cutting him :D

Great player but seems like a huge cap hit for a RB nearing the end of his prime.

Especially when you have to pay your QB top dollar soon

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

The guaranteed money will be the key. Lynch should have at least two solid years left, so i'd be very surprised if the guaranteed money doesn't just about cover two years salary, or even less.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Johhny Football entered rehab last wednesday. Hopefully he sorts his life out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

So the Patriots will host the opening game of the 2015 season.

What game would you like to see selected?

The possibilities re:

Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Pittsburgh Steelers, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins

Eagles for me would be the most exciting of those.

• Advertisement

Can't wait for the Gronk party videos to come out.

adrian522 wrote: »

The possibilities re:

Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Pittsburgh Steelers, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins

Pity we play the Colts away next season, would have like that to be the opener...settle some scores ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

The possibilities re:

Too soon. Too soon.

Also don't like any of those. Eagles maybe or Steelers, wouldn't be excited by the rest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Tennessee for sure, we can talk the Pats scalp as we march to SB50..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

The possibilities re:

Dolphins hopefully, as best time to play Pats in Foxboro.

Will probably be Steelers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Johnny Football is going into rehab.
    "Johnny knows there are areas in which he needs to improve in order to be a better family member, friend and teammate and he thought the offseason was the right time to take this step," Beckworth said.

"On behalf of Johnny and his family, we're asking for privacy until he rejoins the team in Cleveland."

Browns general manager Ray Farmer said in a statement that they support Manziel's decision.

"We respect Johnny's initiative in this decision and will fully support him throughout this process. Our players' health and well-being will always be of the utmost importance to the Cleveland Browns," Farmer said.

"We continually strive to create a supportive environment and provide the appropriate resources, with our foremost focus being on the individual and not just the football player. Johnny's privacy will be respected by us during this very important period and we hope that others will do the same."

Interviews by ESPN.com with nearly 20 Browns sources, both on the record and on condition of anonymity, along with several NFL personnel sources for a Jan. 23 story revealed the Manziel-related problems ran deep in his rookie season.

Those who spoke talked of a yearlong pattern that showed a lack of commitment and preparation, a failure to be ready when given a chance in his first start against Cincinnati and a continued commitment to nightlife, which affected his preparation and work while in the team facility.

On a Tuesday in the final week of the season, Manziel stood in front of about 20 media members and outlined his plan to become the Browns' answer at quarterback. He wanted to be "the guy" for Cleveland, he said, and would do so by taking his job more seriously. He was more animated than he'd been all year, eager to declare his intentions. Four days later, stories in the Browns' facility began to circulate. Manziel was not present the morning before the season finale. Team security drove to Manziel's downtown home to check on him. The Browns were packing up for the season finale at Baltimore on Dec. 28.

Two team sources said security found a player who they felt clearly had partied hard the night before. One source used the words "drunk off his a--."

The official word was that Manziel was "late," but players said they didn't see Manziel until the Browns' chartered airplane prepared to take off in the afternoon, that he was not present all morning. The team fined Manziel for missing treatment on his injured hamstring, then had him sit in the locker room during the season finale in Baltimore.

"Johnny's his own worst enemy," one source said.

The Monday after the season, Manziel had another news conference, saying many of the same things from six days earlier -- actions must support words. That night he was featured in Instagram photos on Miami Beach, a few days later at a club in Houston and a few days after that on a mountain in Aspen, Colorado.

"I brought this on myself," Manziel said the day after the Baltimore game. "I brought these cameras and all these people that are in this locker room right now and I don't think it's fair to myself, I don't think it's fair to anybody in this locker room the distractions I've brought at points in time."

Manziel, selected by the Browns with the 22nd overall pick by the Browns in the 2014 draft, completed 18-of-35 passes for 175 yards in seven quarters of NFL play before injuring his hamstring in Week 16.

Manziel told reporters in late December that he wanted to be "the guy" in Cleveland and take this offseason more seriously than the one before. This seems like a step in that direction.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=12267487&src=desktop

Hopefully he gets himself sorted out. Can't say we didn't see it coming though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

A strong 1 day stint to cure him ala John Jones in the ufc!

Hazys wrote: »
    Can't wait for the Gronk party videos to come out.

It was only a matter of time

Bob Kraft on stage dancing with Rick Ross: http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/02/rob-gronkowski-epic-dance-battle-with-robert-kraft/?adid=hero5

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Warren Sapp had an interesting night anyway! Arrested in Phoenix at 7am for soliciting a prostitute and assault. Two female victims allegedly. He has also been suspended indefinitely from NFL Network.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Paully D wrote: »
    Warren Sapp had an interesting night anyway! Arrested in Phoenix at 7am for soliciting a prostitute and assault. Two female victims allegedly. He has also been suspended indefinitely from NFL Network.

Why am I not even remotely surprised.

• Advertisement

Hey, Corvus:

15 days until the Combine
    32 days until Free Agency
    62 days until workouts for those with new head coaches begin
    76 days until workouts for those with returning head coaches begin
    87 days until the 2015 NFL Draft
    187 days until the Hall of Fame game kicks off pre-season
    219 days until the 2015 season kicks off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Falcons being investigated for pumping in noise for the last two years:
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12262464/nfl-investigating-atlanta-falcons-fake-crowd-noise-georgia-dome

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Paully D wrote: »
    Hey, Corvus:

15 days until the Combine
    32 days until Free Agency
    62 days until workouts for those with new head coaches begin
    76 days until workouts for those with returning head coaches begin
    87 days until the 2015 NFL Draft
    187 days until the Hall of Fame game kicks off pre-season
    219 days until the 2015 season kicks off
    Presume there's no objections with giving paully a holiday til September?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Tbh I assumed it was more the pats had laid an egg ie the Hawks were winning

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Quite crazy how accurate the Madden simulation got when predicting the Superbowl.

the offseason is well and truly under way:rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/jasonjwilde/status/563055354045796352

• Advertisement

phatkev wrote: »
    BURN!!

Fantastic! :D

Warren Sapp is one man who many will take joy from his misfortune. A complete and utter clown.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement