Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

LOL! Quality.

But Brandon you got to show you can be more than a one year wonder. God knows we've had a few of them in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ravens signed a long snapper as the regular starter went on IR

A long snapper you say? Who cares?

Something dodgy about this guy, currently getting sued by his ex coach and blasted by former teammates
    The Ravens’ new long snapper is known more for an off-the-field controversy.

Kevin Houser, who was signed by the Ravens on Wednesday to replace injured Morgan Cox, has been accused by former New Orleans Saints teammates and coaches that he led them to buy a combined $1.9 million in Louisiana state income-tax credits they never got in late 2008 and early 2009.

A trial date is set for November 2011.
    Saints coach Sean Peyton and his wife along with two players have filed a civil lawsuit against Houser, citing unfair trade practices and unjust enrichment, among other claims.

New Orleans tight end Jeremy Shockey was so upset that he vented on his Twitter account: "thx chad [sp] houser our long snapper for losing my coaches, teamates, and me around 2mill$..what a dumb ass."

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Well we(Browns) were gonna get stuffed sometime in the season and the Steelers looked real good. A terrible end to the season for Mangini's Browns.

On the upside we have the 6th overall pick and check out next seasons schedule, it's a world apart from this year.

Home: Bal. Cin. Jax. Mia. Pit. St.L. Sea. Ten.
    Away: Arz. Bal. Cin. Hou. Ind. Oak. Pit. S.F.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Just looking at the Pats schedule next year and there's nothing really that fills me with dread either.

Home: Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Chiefs, Chargers, Cowboys, Giants, Colts
    Away: Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Broncos, Raiders, Eagles, Redskins, Steelers

Always going to be strong favourites at home thanks to our record there, and the only road teams that would worry me would be the Steelers (although Brady always has their number) and perhaps the Eagles and Jets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Just looking at the Pats schedule next year and there's nothing really that fills me with dread either.

Home: Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Chiefs, Chargers, Cowboys, Giants, Colts
    Away: Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Broncos, Raiders, Eagles, Redskins, Steelers

Always going to be strong favourites at home thanks to our record there, and the only road teams that would worry me would be the Steelers (although Brady always has their number) and perhaps the Eagles and Jets.

on the road to the tebow lead broncos? be afraid... be very afraid :pac:

as for us, armed with the no.2 overall pick our schedule is...

Home: Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders, Patriots, Jets, Bears, Lions & Bengals
    Away: Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders, Bills, Fins, Packers, Titans & Vikings

Jay Cutler to return to Denver in 2011....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

And unless a miracle happens and Martz gets a HC job then our offense should be better next season. Can't wait for the game @ Mile High.

...and why do we have to play Philly every feckin year :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    And unless a miracle happens and Martz gets a HC job then our offense should be better next season. Can't wait for the game @ Mile High.

...and why do we have to play Philly every feckin year :mad:

Should be a great game, id like to think we wont be as atrocious next year.

And you can bet the mile high faithful will want to rattle cutler, he got dogs abuse when he came over for a preseason game after the trade!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Home: Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Cleveland Browns, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions.

Away: Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Houston Texans, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings.

Some seriously tough games for us there, but also some very winnable ones. I'd love to come out of next year with a winning record.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Any idea when dates will be set for the games next season?
    Would love to go over and try catch a game or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,121 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Next year is too far away to look at schedules and make any kind of prediction.

Firstly and most importantly the lockout has to be avoided.

After that then there are free agent signings, trades and the draft not to mention coaching changes. And then of course injuries mount up for some teams and destroy their chances.

For instance, the 49ers won't have Singletary which is an immediate improvement for them. If they got somebody decent in as head coach, picked up Josh McDaniels as offensive co-ordinator and got a half decent QB such as Orton or Kolb or maybe even Locker in the draft they would be a potential championship team.
    I can see every team in the NFC West improving next year with the right moves. I can see every team in the AFC West improve next year with the right moves. I can see the Dolphins and Bills improving next year. And the Cowboys and Redskins will be better next year. Some teams will slide back into mediocrity or worse. Just look at the Vikings who were an interception away from the Superbowl only 12 months ago. And then there are teams that have improved this year that could take another leap next year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

People can look at next year's schedule if they want. Stop being such a killjoy and going against the grain for the sake of it as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

DBIreland wrote: »
    Any idea when dates will be set for the games next season?
    Would love to go over and try catch a game or two.

The schedule was released in mid April last year so i presume the same will happen this year.

Teams then in and around June, start selling their tickets to the regular season to non-season ticketholders.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Looks like Broncos are shipping Orton off in the post season for a 2nd round pick. What a crazy situation to have developed. Going to be a good few teams look to snatch him up some great numbers in a otherwise diabolically team. 49'ers would do well to get in on this.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d7420a/article/broncos-reportedly-would-deal-qb-orton-for-2ndround-pick

The Cardinals would do well to snap him up.

Himself and Larry Fitzgerald could be a fine partnership

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    People can look at next year's schedule if they want. Stop being such a killjoy and going against the grain for the sake of it as usual.

In fairness, people last year might have seen the Falcons, Chiefs, bucs and gone "no bother", seen the Colts or Cards and said "Oh ****". A year is a lifetime in the NFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Got a bit of a laugh out of this :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bobhogan1980

Would anyone be know if the super bowl will be shown on tv3 this year? i remember it being broadcast on tv3 a few years ago. I know its on BBC but none of the bbc channels work in my apartment

Would anyone be know if the super bowl will be shown on tv3 this year? i remember it being broadcast on tv3 a few years ago. I know its on BBC but none of the bbc channels work in my apartment

Don't know bob, I would imagine they would have it
    TV3
    Westgate Business Park, Ballymount, Dublin 24
    If you would like to contact TV3 directly, on 01 4193333 or by email: info@tv3.ie

Give them a buzz tomorrow and if they say no, demand to know why not! :)
    With enough demand they'll show it

Rex Ryan takes another shot at Tom Brady:
    "Nobody studies like [Manning]. I know [Tom] Brady thinks he does and all that stuff," Ryan said. "I think there's probably a little more help from [Bill] Belichick with Brady than there is with Peyton Manning."

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5995744

I hope we see you sunday week(odds are we wont)...we are gona batter ye guys into a plup for the 2nd time in 2 months, asshole.

I felt sorry for the ref at the end, was cringing for him :o

It's from this season

• Advertisement

Deion Sanders, Curtis Martin, Marshall Faulk, Jerome Bettis are Pro Football Hall of Fame finalists. Four great players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭davetherave

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/favre-passes-every-endurance-test-2489502.html

Saw this in the sports section in the Sindo this morning. Might be the back page but it's still nice to see AF getting a mention in the media over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bobhogan1980

Don't know bob, I would imagine they would have it

Give them a buzz tomorrow and if they say no, demand to know why not! :)
    With enough demand they'll show it

Thanks feelingstressed, bad news unfortunately
    "Unfortunately TV3 will not air The Superbowl this year.

Regards

Info @TV3"

Hope the Beeb have it again, no ads and Jerry Rice last year was great to watch.

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was left with a broken nose when Ravens defensive tackle Haloti Ngata drilled him last month. The NFL fined Ngata $15,000, but Ravens coach John Harbaugh doesn’t think his team should feel any remorse.

“He’s a tough guy,” Harbaugh said of Roethlisberger. “He had the broken nose. I was glad we broke his nose and then I was very impressed that he played through it. Obviously, you can throw very effectively with a broken nose – he proved that.”

"[W]e’re going to try to get after him like we always do,” Harbaugh said. “It’s going to be real important, and he knows that. That’s a key to stopping him. You’ve got to get him down.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/10/john-harbaugh-im-glad-ravens-broke-ben-roethlisbergers-nose/

Well context is everything but this isn't usual for John Harbaugh at all.
    He must have tripped himself with his words somehow

As if he meant it, them's fighting words!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

eagle eye wrote: »
    Hope the Beeb have it again, no ads and Jerry Rice last year was great to watch.

He was on Sky last year for the SB I think. It's usually Rod Woodson on the Beeb.

No Rex Ryan, even in New York they know Belichick ways are better.:)
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=105156

eagle eye wrote: »
    No Rex Ryan, even in New York they know Belichick ways are better.:)
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=105156

I'm suprised that a lot people on this forum seem to back the way Rex Ryan acts. But its starting to grow tiresome and tbh its begining to get outragously disrespectful and classless:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/12/antonio-cromartie-on-tom-brady-f-him-a-hole/

The Jets have a hard on for Brady, Belichick and anything Patriots, their obsession is pretty sad at this stage.

The Jets organization should take a serious look at themselves and see how they are being run and how they are being preceived around the league. Even their fans are starting to get pissed off with this classless behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Tom Brady declares he hates the Jets and wont watch them.Rex Ryan disses Brady and tries to fire up his team.What follows is post after post on various forums about that Rex Ryan,he is so full of it,im so sick of his antics etc.hOW Dare he berate the Pats and Brady like that

Is he not 1-1 this season against the Pats and Coach of the Jets,the team that Hates the Patriots and his players have followed suit,check Cromartie's comments too.

We give out that coaches say fcuk all then one comes in and talks non stop and we give out about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭spillit67

Hazys wrote: »
    I'm suprised that a lot people on this forum seem to back the way Rex Ryan acts. But its starting to grow tiresome and tbh its begining to get outragously disrespectful and classless:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/12/antonio-cromartie-on-tom-brady-f-him-a-hole/

The Jets have a hard on for Brady, Belichick and anything Patriots, their obsession is pretty sad at this stage.

The Jets organization should take a serious look at themselves and see how they are being run and how they are being preceived around the league. Even their fans are starting to get pissed off with this classless behaviour.

God get over it. It's pretty clear he respects Bill Bellichek and his comments show that, 'I was outcoached' and many more comments. So what he's saying it's personal ect. It's a rivarly, Brady says this and that about the Jets. Cromartie says something. There is no need to be so devensive about your team all the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement