Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Feck, Have Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark in the PPR League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Jags to release Gerard and start McCowan

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Jack Del Rio start ringing up your agent now buddy cause your going to find yourself out of a job in the next 6 months.

Darius Butler waived by Pats picked up by Carolina and apparently Dan Gronkowski to join his brother Rob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Darius Butler waived by Pats picked up by Carolina and apparently Dan Gronkowski to join his brother Rob.

Well it's official, Dan is a Patriot. I've seen little to nothing of him, I can only assume he's more of a blocker in to take Crumpler's place (albeit not as good). Surely won't see any snaps as a receiving tight end?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Last seasons godawful Bills uniform

buffalo-bills-ugly-uniforms.jpg

This seasons, I love it :)
    nfl_u_buffalo11_576_crop_340x234.jpg?1308971776

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

That old Bills jersey was always poor muck I felt.

New home one is quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭vetinari

Am I the only Patriots fan a bit surprised with the number of defensive players who've been cut?
    Mayweather was a nut job but he's been a useful player for us.

I can only assume Bill Belichick is thinking that in a division with Mark Sanchez, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Chad Henne, who the fúck needs safties? More linemen plz.

;)

vetinari wrote: »
    Am I the only Patriots fan a bit surprised with the number of defensive players who've been cut?
    Mayweather was a nut job but he's been a useful player for us.

Merriweather was too inconsistent and would rather try make big hits than play proper football glad he is gone. As for other Defensive players we haven't really dropped anyone without replacing them. Butler was surplus to requirements and any of the Linemen and Linebackers we released we replaced with the same or better.

The only concern would be at the safety positions but they wouldn't be mahor concern more a lack of depth.

Had we a better pash rush last year out concern wouldn't be focused on our secondary. Pass rush has been fixed so our secondary shouldn't be under the same pressure this season.

• Advertisement

Manning Officially out of Sundays game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2011/09/08/patriots-practice-report-starting-rt-sebastian-vollmer-has-a-back-injury/

Manning's injured and Brady's shoulder injury is miraclously healed. First time in years Brady hasnt been in the injury list, first time in years Manning's missed a game...

Brady not questionable :o

This is a bad omen :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Does anyone know when Sky will be showing the Packers 2010 America's game? Can't remember if they usually do it before the season opener or superbowl

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

No match thread so can anyone let me know if their any streams for packers game? I've been travelling so no idea what sites are still around or have popped up.

cooker3 wrote: »
    No match thread so can anyone let me know if their any streams for packers game? I've been travelling so no idea what sites are still around or have popped up.

http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/59891-Streaming-2011-NFL-WEEK-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭vinny chase

Did they say anything about why Nick Halling isn't doing the coverage for Sky?

Normally he annoys the hell out of me, but it's one of those strange things when he isn't there with his terrible analysis that you kind of miss him!

Normally he annoys the hell out of me, but it's one of those strange things when he isn't there with his terrible analysis that you kind of miss him!

He isn't doing it anymore I thought. He announced it on NFLUk forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Just had a bit of a google and it looks like he is indeed not on nfl coverage anymore. He is doing boxing full time on sky.
    I know people dissed him a lot here but I always kind of liked him I guess if nothing else because he has always been there right from when I started watching nfl.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Christ watching that review of last season was brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Yeah that was pretty awesome.

Packers to win by 10

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yeah that was pretty awesome.

Packers to win by 10

NFL films can make the most boring part of football look amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ari gold24

Anyone any idea why Nick Halling isnt on the broadcast team anymore?? Is it true he's been moved full time to boxing commentary,sounds like a strange decision...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

for the facebookers out there

http://www.facebook.com/NFL

The NFL facebook page has just given an update trí Gaeilge :eek:

they know we watch american football over here :pac: :D

NFL
    A NFL-am, seachtain 1 faoi bhealach ar bith le Bay Packers Glas atá os comhair Orleans Saints fhritháireamh i gcoinne an Nua ndroim, Super Bowl dhá MVP Ráithe faoi stiúir ag dhá cheann de na cluichí is fearr cóistí ceann urghránna. Faigh do tuartha Super Bowl i anois, atá ag dul a chrochadh ar an trófaí Lombardi ag deireadh an tséasúir?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Reminds me when I was in Wembley for Bucs and Pats

Someone had a tricolour and Is maith lion Tom Brady agus cáca milis

There was a well known TV ad out at the time

I said he was rightly confused :D
    Maybe he took it as an insult

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    for the facebookers out there

http://www.facebook.com/NFL

The NFL facebook page has just given an update trí Gaeilge :eek:

they know we watch american football over here :pac: :D

One of the lads over on the Paddy Patriots site is the one who translates the articles for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

One of the lads over on the Paddy Patriots site is the one who translates the articles for them.
    Are you sure. It seems like a Google translate job. Especially the "Orleans Saints fhritháireamh i gcoinne an Nua ndroim" part which makes no sense at all.

:P Anyway, its nice to see the language being appreciated in America, even if its not here :P

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Are you sure. It seems like a Google translate job. Especially the "Orleans Saints fhritháireamh i gcoinne an Nua ndroim" part which makes no sense at all.

:P Anyway, its nice to see the language being appreciated in America, even if its not here :P

Yup

http://www.paddypatriots.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=154

Just read the 4th and 5th comments and it will answer your concern :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭vinny chase

ESPN reporting that Adrian Peterson has gotten a seven year deal with the Vikings reportedly worth up to $100m.

$36m guaranteed money, and front loaded with him making $40m over the first three seasons.

CJ2K's deal by comparison was 6 years, $56m, though he does have up to $30m supposedly guaranteed too, so not doing too much worse, just not getting the same sort of bonuses and escalators as AP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

ESPN reporting that Adrian Peterson has gotten a seven year deal with the Vikings reportedly worth up to $100m.

$36m guaranteed money, and front loaded with him making $40m over the first three seasons.

CJ2K's deal by comparison was 6 years, $56m, though he does have up to $30m supposedly guaranteed too, so not doing too much worse, just not getting the same sort of bonuses and escalators as AP.

What it does highlight is the differing approaches by both players and ironically by going very low-key AP ended up with a significantly better deal. CJ's behaviour will leave a little bit of a sour taste in the mouths of Titans fans and the front office.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement