Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/scorecasting/09/15/kelley.pulaski/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a2

May be a little off topic as it's not nfl but an interesting and amazing piece of football news all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/scorecasting/09/15/kelley.pulaski/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a2

May be a little off topic as it's not nfl but an interesting and amazing piece of football news all the same

and that is why going for it on 4th down should be allowed in games of Madden without having to listen to abuse from the other players ;)

the stats say it's the better idea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

LOL: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/17/browns-team-plane-gets-stuck-in-the-mud/
    The Cleveland Browns’ trip to Indianapolis was delayed almost four hours Saturday when the team plane got stuck in the mud at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.

The team was looking for a way to simultaneously annoy their players and create a perfect metaphor for the franchise’s return to Cleveland since 1999.

(Either that or the pilot miscalculated taxing to a runway. Sucks to be that guy.)

Tony Grossi of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer reports that team had to deplane and wait for a new plane to show up. They eventually got to Indianapolis at 6:30 p.m. — roughly three and a half hours after they were scheduled to arrive.

Defensive coordinator Dick Jauron has not yet taken the blame for the error

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Blue Mountain State is back for a third season this week :D
    The producers get cameos now and again, Bill Parcells and Brian Bosworth were in it

Worthless trivia: Ed Marinaro who plays the coach was a second round pick and running back for Vikings, Jets and Seahawks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

What a cool picture of Miles Austin's diving catch against the 49ers...

09000d5d8225c780_gallery_600.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    What a cool picture of Miles Austin's diving catch against the 49ers...

09000d5d8225c780_gallery_600.jpg

That is an awesome pic. Props to both Austin and especially the photographer for getting that shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Feds: Home of Bengals' Simpson a pot distribution center

NFL.com

Police said a package containing 2 1/2 pounds of marijuana was delivered from Eureka, Calif., to the suburban Kentucky home of Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Jerome Simpson on Tuesday, where authorities say they conducted a search and found six more pounds of marijuana inside.
    Michelle Gregory, spokeswoman for the California Department of Justice, confirmed to the Cincinnati Enquirer a report published by CaliforniaWatch.org, a group of investigative journalists, on Wednesday night, which detailed the operation. It was initiated by a special marijuana task force after agents discovered a suspicious package at a commercial sorting facility in Sacramento.

Simpson's teammate, offensive tackle Anthony Collins, was also present when a woman, identified as Aleen Smith, 27, accepted the package on Tuesday. All three were questioned at the residence, but no arrests were made at the time.

Simpson told police that he lived at the residence and gave officers consent to search the premises, Gregory said. Police allegedly found other empty parcels, scales and packaging material inside Simpson's home.
    "The house was set up as a potential distribution network," said Tommy LaNier, head of the National Marijuana Initiative, a group that is funded by the Office of National Drug Control Policy and helps coordinate marijuana enforcement operations around the United States. "They had it all set up to receive supplies of high-grade marijuana from Northern California, and from there, it was being distributed from that residence," LaNier told California Watch.
    All the packages were sent from an area of Northern California known as the "Emerald Triangle," LaNier said. The area is known for producing large amounts of marijuana.
    Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said he had heard rumors of the bust but had no further comment.
    "There’s nothing of substance in the development of rumors that we’re aware of," he said. "There’s nothing to hang a hat on at this point."
    Simpson had four catches for 136 yards last week in a 24-22 loss to the Denver Broncos.
    IDIOTS is the word that comes to mind here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Anyone here watch Blue Mountain State?
    Almost at the end of Friday Night Lights, so I'll need something else to keep me occupied.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

baz2009 wrote: »
    Almost at the end of Friday Night Lights, so I'll need something else to keep me occupied.:P

Yeah it hilarious :D No football actually in it but really funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭deisedude

baz2009 wrote: »

Is Friday Night Lights any good? Need a new show to get into!

Yeah it hilarious :D No football actually in it but really funny.

Cheers pal, will give it a go so!:)
    deisedude wrote: »
    Is Friday Night Lights any good? Need a new show to get into!

I'm about halfway through the 4th series, there's 5 altogether. It's been class so far, 1st series was my favourite, but it has kept a high level for the other series. Some brilliant characters in it. Definitely worth a watch, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Sometimes you have to ask yourself, "what would Tim Riggins do?".

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Sometimes you have to ask yourself, "what would Tim Riggins do?".

He is a hero, tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Hey guys looking for bitta info/help.

I'm thinking of heading to a game next seaosn, hoping this year but time/money constraints, I was looking on ticketing websites vaigogo/stubhub and was wondering if anybody ever used them. The prices seem to be extortionatly higher on StubHub, $150 for a ticket for the Packers @ The Charges this year.

So basically where would be the best plce to buy match tickets direct from the teams website? Ticketmaster? Season ticket sellers?

The tickets go on sale around July

Be ready and be prepared to pounce.

If you miss out you can buy from resellers like stubhub but the price is higher

I wouldn't imagine you'd have issues getting tickets in San Diego, they struggle to fill their stadium anyway only for games likes the Raiders

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

After the 29-0 outburst, the game was remarkably close. Pulaski ended up winning by 30 points, 64-34, racking up 664 yards in total offense and getting eight touchdowns from quarterback Fredi Knighten (the Bruins also recovered a total of five onside kicks). Pulaski moved to No. 3 in the state AP poll and retained its No. 1 ranking in Arkansas Class 4A, a good bet to win a third state title in the last eight years. The Bruins also climbed from 99th to 75th in the Rivals Top 100 national rankings, not bad for a school with just 350 students. It makes for a strong endorsement of its coach's methods.

Until more teams, coaches start to adepth more unconvetional methods adn they become more accepting he's surely swimming against the tide at the moment. Or maybe he is going to be a Messiah for forward, innovative thinking.

I'ld be interested to see how the players develop. Whether this is good for the traditional development of players into serious players capable of progressing throuogh the system is debateable, has it created a more lateral player adept with a varied knowledge of the game and playbooks or has this stymied there game nous from an early age, or is it simply too early in their development to matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

You should all probably sit down, because I have some news that could shock you...

...Bob Sanders has been placed on IR.

I know, this is the last piece of news anyone ever expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    You should all probably sit down, because I have some news that could shock you...

...Bob Sanders has been placed on IR.

I know, this is the last piece of news anyone ever expected.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the NFL's answer to Owen Hargreaves

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭henryhenry

Mike Reiss ESPN Boston
    'On his conference call with Raiders reporters, Patriots coach Bill Belichick referred to Raiders owner Al Davis as "Coach Davis."

:pac:

• Advertisement

Another awesome TB compilation. The music is fantastic :)

I also love how in any compilation, the reverse statue of liberty play is always the centrepiece :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

One of my favourite Brady plays of all time:

Tom Brady some man.

Speaking of Tom, his flowing locks are no more - he cut his hair this week. Here he is on Wednesday:

tom-brady-440x330.jpg

A nation mourns. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

mikemac wrote: »
    The tickets go on sale around July

Be ready and be prepared to pounce.

If you miss out you can buy from resellers like stubhub but the price is higher

I wouldn't imagine you'd have issues getting tickets in San Diego, they struggle to fill their stadium anyway only for games likes the Raiders

even for those games, they're only sell outs because the significant raiders fanbase in la just travelled 2 hours down the road to see the match, last years match at qualcomm may as well have been in oakland. i'd say you could snap up chargers tickets as near as the week of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Amazing, just amazing.
    Fairly sure the Johnny Mac has been posted before but never seen the other one. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone have a link to watch the 2010 Packers America's Game? or might PM me a download link? Still can't find anywhere to watch this and Sky don't seem to be showing it soon either

Anyone else secretly hoping their team sends a 4th rounder to Seattle and try to reignite Aaron Curry?

I am :)

Im still suprised lofa tatupu is available, i thought he was cut because he cost too much not that he was finished.

• Advertisement

CBS did a feature on Drew Rosenhaus

He's an arrogant SOB but he's successful at it

Interesting anyway and up on their website
    http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7384066n&tag=contentBody;storyMediaBox

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement