Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Why would it have to be roids to do something stupid while pumped up?? And to be fair the other player did bring his head forward increasing the impact behind the blow.

He sounds like a right twat though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Arawn wrote: »
    Why would it have to be roids to do something stupid while pumped up?? And to be fair the other player did bring his head forward increasing the impact behind the blow.

He sounds like a right twat though!
    Not saying he's on Roids (again), but he certainly acts like a man pumped up in more ways then one.

The whole video he cant stand still and certainly has a high (parden the pun) opinion of himself. "1 vs 11 i fancy my chances".
    Don't smack talk your own team ya eejit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

pffft kickers aren't players! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

The Ravens, for feck's sake. On the bright side our tiebreakers are intact which gives us a great chance of being the no. 1 AFC seed. Looking at the schedule the Browns and the Colts present free wins but to be honest with the way we're playing against poor teams they're anything but sure. Hopefully 2 games against solid opposition will bump up our standard of play. With Leon Hall out for the Bengals that gives us a decent chance against our bogey team, while I can't see the 49ers scoring much on us.

We really should be 9-0 considering who we've lost to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Matt Schaub possibly out for the season. Texans will now turn to Matt Leinart.

Have to say thats a huge disappointment for the Texans. Just when everything seemed to be falling into to place, they lose their QB. Hopefully they can still grab a playoff spot considering they're in the weak AFC south.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Padji1

Did anyone else see toward the end of the game last night, the American dude in the studio (can't remember his name) being asked by Cadle who won the competition?
    Cadle then asks him to read out the email but the dumb jock then reads out the winner's email address live on air!
    Unscripted brilliance!
    Cadle then starts sneering him about it and then they cut back to the game.

I've been laughing all day about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Padji1 wrote: »
    Did anyone else see toward the end of the game last night, the American dude in the studio (can't remember his name) being asked by Cadle who won the competition?
    Cadle then asks him to read out the email but the dumb jock then reads out the winner's email address live on air!
    Unscripted brilliance!
    Cadle then starts sneering him about it and then they cut back to the game.

I've been laughing all day about it!

Steady on, mate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Padji1

Syferus wrote: »
    Steady on, mate!

Well I was pretty hungover (or still drunk) so it seemed funnier than it should have been:)

Who do you guys think is the best RB in the league? IMO it's Matt Forte, he has such a positive effect on the Bears' offense, and he's been the key factor in many of their wins. Perhaps the most versatile player in the league. Second best for me is Ray Rice, though he's far behind in rushing yards his usefulness in the receiving game is priceless to the Ravens, and you can excuse the rushing yards when you see the teams he's had to play (pittsburgh twice, SF, Jax, Hou, Sea, NYJ).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

AP by miles. Other running backs come and go, have their amazing season then drift off, AP has consistantly been the best for years.

AP by miles. Other running backs come and go, have their amazing season then drift off, AP has consistantly been the best for years.

In fairness, Forte has been playing at a high level for 4 years now too, and I'm talking specifically about this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Is Forte still earning less than the punter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

AP, and it's not even close.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

SantryRed wrote: »
    Is Forte still earning less than the punter?
    How the hell did he manage that..

Surely if it he's making less than a punter he's one of the players in the league that you wouldn't resent trying to hold out for any sort of raise on his salary..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    How the hell did he manage that..

Surely if it he's making less than a punter he's one of the players in the league that you wouldn't resent trying to hold out for any sort of raise on his salary..

I could have swore I read at the start of the season that it was said he was earning less of a basic salary than the Punter for the Bears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

SantryRed wrote: »
    I could have swore I read at the start of the season that it was said he was earning less of a basic salary than the Punter for the Bears.

Yup he is:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/matt-forte/

Dude is out of contract at the end of the season also. Bears will have to pony up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Don't want to start a new thread so I thought this would be the best place for it. I'm thinking of getting an American football. I had one years ago but it's lost now. I remember a thread from a few months ago about what one to get but I can't remember the exact ball that was recommended. Anyone have any opinions on which one to get?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Yup he is:

Dude is out of contract at the end of the season also. Bears will have to pony up now.

They might just tag him. Expensive in the short term but could save them money long term on a whopper deal. Forte's had a lot of carries already for a 4 year back, this year is the first real year he's had some relief from another decent back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Don't want to start a new thread so I thought this would be the best place for it. I'm thinking of getting an American football. I had one years ago but it's lost now. I remember a thread from a few months ago about what one to get but I can't remember the exact ball that was recommended. Anyone have any opinions on which one to get?

Gotta be the Duke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Cam Newton wrote: »
    AP, and it's not even close.

Totally agree with this. Only RB in the league I feel confident will still be playing at a high level 5 years from now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Yup he is:

Calling it now, he's going to get a very tempting offer from Fox and Elway. McGahee is 30 and Moreno is ****e. Denver are also 30 odd million under the cap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

So long Jack Del RIo.

Gotta say, I'm surprised he lasted this long. Should have been gone last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

spiralism wrote: »
    Calling it now, he's going to get a very tempting offer from Fox and Elway. McGahee is 30 and Moreno is ****e. Denver are also 30 odd million under the cap

The Bears will tag him so it's irrelevant.

The Broncos would be better to draft a RB. As I said for a 4 year back he has a lot of carries. Maybe 2/3 years left at the top. We've seen how quickly backs burn out in this league too.

Suh suspended for 2 weeks. I would have gone for more, but suspensions are rare so I can understand only 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

matthew8 wrote: »
    Suh suspended for 2 weeks. I would have gone for more, but suspensions are rare so I can understand only 2.

Fully deserved. Hes a serious talent but boy is he proving to be an idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Any word of a fine? Clearly he didn't give a shít about being ejected from the game so I doubt he's bothered about a 2 week ban. Hit him with a subtantial fine though and you'll see where his priorities lie.

Talented, but an absolute cretin of a fool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

It's a two week suspension without pay so I presume that constitutes a fine also

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement