Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Ah yeah forgot about Nnamdi.

Cassel went for a second round pick along with a linebacker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Cassel went for a second round pick along with a linebacker.

Cassel was straight up trade though. Had nothing to do with the Franchise tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Cassel was straight up trade though. Had nothing to do with the Franchise tag.

Yeah I was responding to the D3PO reply, but was a bit slow.

Texans sign 41 year old Jeff Garcia :rolleyes: I would rather convince Brett Favre out of retirement than waste my time on Garcia. Mad move all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Texans sign 41 year old Jeff Garcia :rolleyes: I would rather convince Brett Favre out of retirement than waste my time on Garcia. Mad move all together.

I wouldnt Garcia was a very capable QB up until he retired. There wasnt really any fall off. I think its a good move Id have Garcia over Farve these days.

I will put this down to the fact you love going to Wisconsin TO and are a little biased based on that. We all know your a closet Packers fan and also a closet Farve fan :pac::pac::p

• Advertisement

D3PO wrote: »
    I wouldnt Garcia was a very capable QB up until he retired. There wasnt really any fall off. I think its a good move Id have Garcia over Farve these days.

I will put this down to the fact you love going to Wisconsin TO and are a little biased based on that. We all know your a closet Packers fan and also a closet Farve fan :pac::pac::p

Has nothing to do with it. I simply rate Brett Favre over Jeff Garcia if I had the option of 2 old foggies. Garcia retired in 2009 at 38 and his last proper season was 2008 at 37 and Favre 2010 at the age of 41. I would quicker take the guy who has shown he had still got something over a guy who hasnt played properly in 3 seasons. And before you mention Garcia had a season in the UFL, lets be honest the UFL is a much lower standard than the NFL. Brett Favre would have looked like a king in the UFL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Garcia probably won't start though. He was just brought in as back up. He'll be happy to sit on the bench and help out. Really couldn't see Farve coming back and be happy to do that. He'll only even think about coming back if he is allowed to be a starter.

Has nothing to do with it. I simply rate Brett Favre over Jeff Garcia if I had the option of 2 old foggies. Garcia retired in 2009 at 38 and his last proper season was 2008 at 37 and Favre 2010 at the age of 41. I would quicker take the guy who has shown he had still got something over a guy who hasnt played properly in 3 seasons. And before you mention Garcia had a season in the UFL, lets be honest the UFL is a much lower standard than the NFL. Brett Favre would have looked like a king in the UFL.

Hell I would have looked like Wes Welker in the UFL. :pac::pac:

Your logic makes sense but its been at least 15 minutes since somebody has tried to wind you up on this forum so go F**k yourself :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

D3PO wrote: »
    Your logic makes sense but its been at least 15 minutes since somebody has tried to wind you up on this forum so go F**k yourself :cool:

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

You clearly dont understand sarcasm. Dont worry TO will get it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

How much of a letdown is MNF this week? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Has it been confirmed that the Pats vs Broncos game has been flexed on the 18th?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Has it been confirmed that the Pats vs Broncos game has been flexed on the 18th?

Nope, NBC and the NFL want it but CBS has the power to block one flexing of a game a year and they're trying to make it this one as Tebow v Brady is a ratings bonanza and **** all apart from Ravens fans are going to care about Ravens @ Chargers. They also lost out on the Vikings game due to some technicality i hear and don't want to miss out for a second straight week. Also, Kraft is supposedly against the idea for some reason or other.

Decision was meant to come yesterday but the NFL has delayed it til this morning, them and NBC want to hammer it out, they don't want a flagship game to be a 5/6-7 team who struggle to avoid blackouts hosting the Ravens given the amount of dead rubber primetime games this year... (seriously, rams and seahawks?)

[/ITK] :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

spiralism wrote: »
    Nope, NBC and the NFL want it but CBS has the power to block one flexing of a game a year and they're trying to make it this one as Tebow v Brady is a ratings bonanza and **** all apart from Ravens fans are going to care about Ravens @ Chargers. They also lost out on the Vikings game due to some technicality i hear and don't want to miss out for a second straight week. Also, Kraft is supposedly against the idea for some reason or other.

Decision was meant to come yesterday but the NFL has delayed it til this morning, them and NBC want to hammer it out, they don't want a flagship game to be a 5/6-7 team who struggle to avoid blackouts hosting the Ravens given the amount of dead rubber primetime games this year... (seriously, rams and seahawks?)

[/ITK] :pac:

I'm a Tebow fan but even I think they should wait as late as possible to change games because a couple losses for the Broncos and Raiders and the Chargers will be far from dead going into that Ravens game. The Chargers have made a habit of stellar Decembers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Syferus wrote: »
    I'm a Tebow fan but even I think they should wait as late as possible to change games because a couple losses for the Broncos and Raiders and the Chargers will be far from dead going into that Ravens game. The Chargers have made a habit of stellar Decembers.

I think they should decide now, if the game is early I will try and get tickets as I will be in San Diego that day. Just being selfish ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Chargers Ravens stays as SNF game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Booooo

I think they should decide now, if the game is early I will try and get tickets as I will be in San Diego that day. Just being selfish ;)

I was hoping it would stay the same seriously thinking of flying to Mile high for the game and the only flights that suit from Boston to Denver fit around the 4pm kickoff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I was hoping it would stay the same seriously thinking of flying to Mile high for the game and the only flights that suit from Boston to Denver fit around the 4pm kickoff.

Do you love Tebow that much TO? :eek: :p

SantryRed wrote: »
    Do you love Tebow that much TO? :eek: :p

I jizz in my pants at the very mention of his name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Syferus wrote: »

One loss buries them. Also, both Oakland and Denver will likely hold tiebreakers over the Chargers in the event of a tie. Not impossible but unlikely, this isnt the AFC west where they'd be the only good team and a good december run would do the job, both oakland and denver are probably better than them now and kansas can be great at springing a shock

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Don't think this is posted...but much funnier than the video of it....

aldonsmith.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Who doesn't love favre in all fairness !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

The Jets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

LOL! I love when when he is talking to the OC about Harvin's catch.

"Did I see it? I threw it! I had a pretty good seat. ."

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Scott Fujita posted a pic of his hand after surgery.

Not suitable for Lunchtime

AgJLHbVCMAAQiwy.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭vinny chase

I absolutely love that! Those Mic'd clips are always entertaining, and Favre is particularly good.

Love the exchange on the sideline with the OC where he seemed to just keep wanting to throw Go routes to Sidney Rice! Reminded me of the infamous Rex Grossman satirical Unleash the Dragon blog! "F*** it, I'm throwing it downfield!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

That's a very old video and has been posted countless times!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement