Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Have to say, I wouldn't have noticed any difference until you see them together.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7aGo7AggVyaaKZ1OZ-tn4N0FkQIpXrPryGAao-4N8zZD1xYYE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

TaosHum wrote: »
    Have to say, I wouldn't have noticed any difference until you see them together.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7aGo7AggVyaaKZ1OZ-tn4N0FkQIpXrPryGAao-4N8zZD1xYYE

I quite like the new one, but I normally hate when teams do this - try to make the logo look more aggressive. In this instance, it's a Panther, so you can imagine it being a bit fearsome.

I remember the Cardinals doing it - so the Cardinal now has a little snarl on it's face, and worst of all was the Dolphins. Would love to post a side-by-side, (but in work and can't post piccies) but they tried to make the Dolphin angry and evil looking - a dolphin - Ridiculous. He was lovely and friendly-looking about 4 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

It looks like the panther is suffering from a stroke in the new logo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

That's just Eli and his awkwardness coming out I'd say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Peyton's playing next year even if he's at 70%, I just don't see a situation where he simply retires without giving it another go.

Doubt he'll risk it if he can't be considered 100%, no team will take him on either if he's not fully healed!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

kmart6 wrote: »
    Doubt he'll risk it if he can't be considered 100%, no team will take him on either if he's not fully healed!

He's one of the all time greats, of course someone will take him on. Anyone know if KC's salary cap can take it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

matthew8 wrote: »
    He's one of the all time greats, of course someone will take him on. Anyone know if KC's salary cap can take it?

He won't play for KC. I think the Jets would prefer him over Sanchez even if Peyton is at 70%

He won't play for KC. I think the Jets would prefer him over Sanchez even if Peyton is at 70%

Why not? They've got all the ingredients of a good team and Crennel I would say would be happy to give him a lot of control of the offense.

• Advertisement

matthew8 wrote: »
    Being an all time great means nothing if he's not healthy, no team is going to throw millions at him if he an't perform!

Can't see m going to the Jets, one because Rex is an asshole and the complete opposite to Peyton, and two being in the same market as Eli would be a pure headache!

Being an all time great means nothing if he's not healthy, no team is going to throw millions at him if he an't perform!

How are they meant to tell if he can't perform?

Are you serious? How does any team test out any play player they are looking to sign?....bring them in for workouts!

Are you serious? How does any team test out any play player they are looking to sign?....bring them in for workouts!

Workouts aren't the same thing as an NFL season. I'm not familiar with these workouts but I don't know how a team would get a definitive idea of how good his neck is purely through workouts.

Have you been reading the reports about him? Do you really know the effect the injury has on his throwing motion?

The neck problem has damaged his pectoral muscle, very important for throwing! Since he got clearance to start throwing again the reports say there was been no increase in the power behind his throws! Kind if important to be an NFL QB!

They'd get a good idea by putting him through the ringer, not just going to watch him make a few 20 yard throws and say that's enough! Just like if a team was working out a RB after a knee injury, you can be sure they will have him make as many severe cuts as possible to try and be certain that he's up to it!

Interesting comments...
    Colts new OC Bruce Arians: "Hopefully Peyton can come back and get ready to go. But, there will be a new quarterback and a new beginning."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

For anyone that love's America's Game SKY SPORTS 4 Today from 8am - 4pm .

8am 1998 Denver Bronco's
    9am 1999 Rams
    10am 2000 Ravens
    11am 2001 Patriots
    12am 2002 Bucs
    1pm 2003 Pats
    2pm 2004 Pats
    3pm 2005 Steelers

Forgot to put the Sky Box on record! dang!

Just listening to Dungy being interviewed on SSN there, made it clear twice that if healthy Peyton will be playing with the Colts...seemed fairly confident of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Gronkosaurus

Manning has been medically cleared to play again. Very good news, and very happy that his career didn't come to such an unceremonious halt.

• Advertisement

Hmmm him being cleared and it being announced this week, coupled with Dungy's comments have me thinking he's staying in Indy!

So the circus continues.....
    Jim Irsay wrote:
    Peyton has not passed our physical nor has he been cleared to play for The Indianapolis Colts. Team statement coming on Friday.

So the circus continues.....
    Jim Irsay wrote:
    Peyton has not passed our physical nor has he been cleared to play for The Indianapolis Colts. Team statement coming on Friday.

This loosely translates to -

"I have to cut Manning. I'm not paying him all that money if I'm drafting Luck. If I tell you he's not 100%, then you won't blame me for cutting him. I just hope to fúck that he doesn't have a career year with whoever picks him up."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭neilster

This loosely translates to -

"I have to cut Manning. I'm not paying him all that money if I'm drafting Luck. If I tell you he's not 100%, then you won't blame me for cutting him. I just hope to fúck that he doesn't have a career year with whoever picks him up."

To be fair i thinks Colts fans and everyone concerned with this realise that

a) his recuperation is on track if at a slower pace than Payton wants

b) Nerve regeneration will take time and all parties do not know if the velocity on throws will return

c) That all of this will most likely not occur by March 8th

d) that Jim Irsay in a salary cap era and with the ability to pick Andrew Luck cant in all conscience pay $28m to someone whose throws have not regained their velocity

e) this means he will be cut and probably sometime from April to July that velocity (whilst it might never return ) probably will return towards the middle of 2012 when he will sign for a Redskins, Miami or Arizona or others . I see Cleveland trading for RGIII forcing the Redskins into the Manning carousel

To the person who championed the Chiefs i doubt it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I'd say the Peyton Manning discussion needs its own thread because something tells me the discussion of "will he, wont he" will go on for awhile and when the decision is made, this forum is going to explode.

Maybe a mod can create a new thread and carry over the conversation already posted.

Manning's team will be my second team if he joins another team. Unless they're in the AFC.

Not NFL strictly, but wasn't sure where else to put this. Nominated for Best Documentary at the Oscars this year, this looks like it will be a great watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Not NFL strictly, but wasn't sure where else to put this. Nominated for Best Documentary at the Oscars this year, this looks like it will be a great watch.

Funnily enough was just looking at this last night myself!!

Looks awesome...

Funnily enough was just looking at this last night myself!!

Looks awesome...

Can you PM me a link? Unless the moderators allow that kind of talk in here :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Can you PM me a link? Unless the moderators allow that kind of talk in here :D

Sorry was just talking about the trailer! Don't think it's available anywhere yet!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement