Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wont be there to pick up dole

Options
  • 03-12-2009 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi There,

this is prob a silly question but i wanted to check here instead of queuing at the social for an hour.

I pick up my jobseekers benefit every tuesday at the post office. However, next week I have an interview in London which means I wont be there to collect.
    Can I pick it up any other day of the week??
    Also another question regarding signing on, I have my list of dates for this and there doesn't appear to be a date in December. My last sign on was 17th of November and next will be 12th January. Is this misprint or normal?:confused:

I would greatly appreciate any help
    Thanks!!:D

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I believe you have 72 hours to collect from the day it is at the post office. You could also contact your local Social Welfare office and get a holiday form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭uoluol

Payments in post offices usually stay there for 48 hours, if your payment is missed then it "expires" and it takes 3 weeks for it to return to the SW office and then re-issued.

Your signing day is probably correct as most offices suspend signing for the month of December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 larafa

Thank you so much, that has cleared it up for me...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭SteeveeDee

Hi,
    Just wanted to add a question.Due to job interviews and moving this week and missing the train to go back and collect my JA payment today it has expired.damn!!
    Anyway just wanted to know,if my payments will now be stopped or do I just miss out on this particular payment and will next weeks payment go through as per usual?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

You need to go into your hatch and explain why you didn't pick up your payment and they can reissue it.
    Technically you should have advised them you were out of the country and they could have issued it for you when you came back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭LaLucy

I missed my payment about 7 weeks ago and rang them. They said it will be there the following week and it was. She also said the payment I missed will be sent back to them and then re-issued to me. Does anyone know when it will be re-issued because I'm actually desperate for that money right now I'm screwed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

I used to get paid on a wednesday and i'd often collect it the following tuesday and then collected my next payment the day after on the wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

Joeperry you obviously werent in desperate need for your weekly dole eh! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dj-carlos

I can collect mine on thursday, friday, saturday, monday and tuesday, if you ask in the post office they can tell you. Might help! I'm on the lower amount, can't remember if it's the benefit or assistance.

Advertisement