Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night Life In New Ross

Options
  • 03-12-2009 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

I was just thinking, surely somebody else is as bored as I am with the night life(?) in Ross as I am?! It's basically Spiders and over to Portovino after 11. The odd time you might stray into Ma's or The Rag but other than that there's no real choice!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Dont you mean The Docks, Portovino was too bland a name. Try Mannions, couple of flaggins, crowbar, candles........or Dans or The Ship anyone? I think Ross is going to be renamed "To Let/For Sale"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

gotta agree there i've now found myself going into waterford most of the time now because Ross is just a waste of time!! And btw i agree about Dan's was a grand place for a drink if you werent going on the lash

jimmys or the tavern? bullet maybe, or are you barred?

no im not smarta*se. the bullet is ok now and again but these are not quite right for my own age group

whoa boy, only trying to rattle your cage.

dont suppose you were ever in galavans back in the day. thought ritchie was going to reopen it there when he did up the frontage this year. great spot for live bands, complete dive but good atmosphere.

• Advertisement

ha no bothers man no bit b4 my time i'd say ha

You going to give The Ferry Inn a shot. It was always a good spot in the past, the Hoseys should bring a bit of a crowd out with them. Should be good over the christmas.

yea was in there for a pint on the way back from scarke today and was grand once the food gets goin aswell they should do good johnny is no fool thats for sure if any1 can make a good go of it he can!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Ledger wrote: »
    yea was in there for a pint on the way back from scarke today and was grand once the food gets goin aswell they should do good johnny is no fool thats for sure if any1 can make a good go of it he can!

Yea the Ferry Inn is fine lads , but what about drivin'

Ye ever try for a taxi @ 2am Sunday morning ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

wexfjord wrote: »
    dont suppose you were ever in galavans back in the day.

My god what a memory - I had forgotten all about that place. The open back section with the galvanised roof was ahead of its time!

O'Briens down the Maudlins is a cracking spot for a quiet pint but its a bit short on eh, eh, 'talent'.

Re-open the Crosbie I say...

'cptr

• Advertisement
Advertisement