Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renzo signs for ufc six fight deal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

I like Henzo but I think hughes will be too much for him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Long deal, I guess UFC see him more than a just a fighter. Could be useful as spokesman for the Gracie family (like in Pride) and maybe a national star for Brazil.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

A six fight deal is fairly big to be honest.
    Glad to see him get it, but there has to be something behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

A six fight deal is fairly big to be honest.

I'd say its Dana just keeping the talent pool up. Renzo is a magnificent coach and good fighter. Renzo's IFL teams always did well. With Serra and Almeida also in the UFC I'd say the contract was to keep Renzo on good terms with the UFC as he is such a good coach with so many great fighters that he trains and are coming through. This could be a pre-amble for more Renzo produced fighters in the UFC/WEC, possibly including Gunnar Nelson.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

This will be interesting, no doubt about it! I just hope he still has it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

A photo of Renzo and Dana a few months ago when they met and hit it off as the story goes:

2pqtco0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

A Gracie led team for the next TUF perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I think we have it here.

Gracie vs Hughes in TUF is unlikely.
    I can't see Hughes wanting to coach again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

Deadly idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Bodysmart

Maybe Dana wants to have a UFC event in Brazil and wants to get the Gracie family onboard. There are so many great Brazilian fighters in the UFC (e.g. Anderson Silva, Big Nog, Lil Nog, Dos Santos, Machida, Wanderlai Silva, Alves etc) that I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.

I wonder if Roger will ever try his luck in the UFC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

The TUF idea has probably hit the nail on the head

I would love to see Roger do more MMA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Bodysmart wrote: »
    Maybe Dana wants to have a UFC event in Brazil and wants to get the Gracie family onboard. There are so many great Brazilian fighters in the UFC (e.g. Anderson Silva, Big Nog, Lil Nog, Dos Santos, Machida, Wanderlai Silva, Alves etc) that I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.

I wonder if Roger will ever try his luck in the UFC

Dana did say he had a really great idea for the next season of TUF on a TUF podcast, maybe USA V Brasil or something?

Advertisement