Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photography Classes

• 03-12-2009 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

My boyfriend bought a DSLR earlier in the year. He loves it, but has just used it for snapshots so far as he doesn't know too much about photography, or all the capabilities of the camera.

I was thinking of paying for classes for him for Christmas. Can anyone recommend somewhere that offers a good digital photography course? North Dublin or City Centre preferably.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭eightcell

I signed up for the beginners course at the Dublin Camera Club starting in January.

http://www.dublincameraclub.ie/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60:beginners-photography-course&catid=42:courses-for-frontpage&Itemid=67

The course content and the price are very reasonable, imho...

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Hi eightcell,

I had a look at that alright but as it contains lessons on developing and dark rooms etc I thought it mightn't be suitable as he has a digital camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

The IOP does classes. I am going to try to get in one starting in Jan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

IOP would be my recomendation too
    http://www.digitalbeginners.ie/courses/beginners.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭eightcell

I have a digital camera also, the course just covers film and digital cameras!
    Wouldn't hurt to have an idea as to developing a negative!
    litup wrote: »
    Hi eightcell,

I had a look at that alright but as it contains lessons on developing and dark rooms etc I thought it mightn't be suitable as he has a digital camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Thanks for all the input folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Maybe get him a book?

Understanding Exposure is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Ettna

The two courses are very good, IOP and DCC but different. The IOP will have small classes and you will get individual attention and your camera settings etc. explained while the DCC has about 50 or 60 people there and its a lecture, but a very good one with every opportunity for questions and members there afterwards to also answer any questions. DCC covers digital quite comprehensively as well as film and the darkroom would be very good for anyone interested in photography. Maybe start out with the DCC which is a very good introduction for beginners and for more indepth go on to IOP.

Get him the book too, understanding exposure, which is what it is all about takes a while to sink in, in order to get away from auto.
    (well for me anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Maybe get him a book?

Understanding Exposure is excellent.

+1 to that.

Advertisement