Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wanted! vegetarian chef needed for 1 day in cork in april

• 03-12-2009 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello, I am looking to hire a vegetarian chef to do a hot buffet for 150 people in April. The venue is North Cork - so Fermoy, Mallow area. We will provide full kitchen and food and any help required. Any ideas? anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

ring some companies in the phone book?? All chefs should be able to cater for vegetarians. You just half to ask what the menu would be like before you agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

sent you a pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Nunubird

I think the 'Happy Pear' do catering. Perhaps they would be willing to travel to cork?

Just found this on their website:
    http://www.thehappypear.ie/catering/
    Might be worth giving them a call. If they can't help perhaps they could recommend someone who makes good quality veg food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

I'm kinda surprised that no-one stated the obvious - Denis Cotter from Cafe Paradiso in Cork is world reknowned.

Might be a bit of an overkill/pricey as a result but I believe the restaurant was flooded so he 's another one that could do with the extra gigs, if Khrystyna100 can't make it.

/ hopes no toes were stepped on in the makin of this post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

I'm kinda surprised that no-one stated the obvious - Denis Cotter from Cafe Paradiso in Cork is world reknowned.

Might be a bit of an overkill/pricey as a result but I believe the restaurant was flooded so he 's another one that could do with the extra gigs, if Khrystyna100 can't make it.

/ hopes no toes were stepped on in the makin of this post

Ya he's legend alright, never hear of him doing catering though I don't think he needs that level of donkey work with his reputation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

this chef does lots of veggie options, not too sure if Cork is too far but there's no harm asking

http://www.bittersweetfood.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

johnjones9 wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    I have a freehold location in dame street and I am trying to set up a fried chicken restaurant.Location,branding,concept are all sorted.
    I am now trying to develop the product, essentialy fried chicken,fries and a gravy.
    Do you know is there chefs who act on a consultancy basis, whereby I could pay them a fee or an hourly consultation rate to help me develop the product.

Thanks a lot, Please PM me if you know anybody who may be interested.
    Without sounding pedantic, you do know this is a vegan and vegetarian section of the forums right? A chef dealing with meat is unlikely to be found in here.

Maybe a post/look hereFood&Drink Forum would be more appropriate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Without sounding pedantic, you do know this is a vegan and vegetarian section of the forums right? A chef dealing with meat is unlikely to be found in here.

Maybe a post/look hereFood&Drink Forum would be more appropriate?

The thread is well over two years old..

so I don't think it's applicable anymore.

Anyway, I shall let sleeping dogs lie.

Agh, see edit-

Advertisement