Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resit Moan Thread...If you Great books 1 : Power please help.

Options
  • 03-12-2009 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

How the **** are you supposed to pass a resit with no lectures, seminars and a 100 percent exam 8 months after you last did the subject? No notes or blackboard!! nothing.

If anyone does this module any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Check out the past exam papers if they're available, they're usually fairly helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

How the **** are you supposed to pass a resit with no lectures, seminars and a 100 percent exam 8 months after you last did the subject? No notes or blackboard!! nothing.

I think the initiative is not to fail the exam in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Micksheenb

Chat to your lecturer, i had to do a repeat exam in a small engineering subject, got some tuition and that did the trick. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

I think the initiative is not to fail the exam in the first place.

These things happen specially in stupid, last minute sis confusion, where you end up doing something you don't want to do.

one of the silliest things I've ever seen on boards tbh.:rolleyes: i'm sure they hate my 220 euro. The evil masterminds have delibertley made it hard to pass resits. I think not.

Funniest thing bout your comment is its not helpful, its arrogant, self righteous and if you look at every thread on this bout help with resits or registeration there is ALWAYS someone that has to take the high ground.

Help or GTFO tbh. I wasn't looking for a debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭.Bob

i had to do a resit, no lectures or anything, checked out the past exam papers, they were from like 5 years ago when the module was mashed with another module. had a 100% exam a while ago, resits really shouldn't cost the same price as repeats, since your just paying to sit an exam, and not learn the course..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

I'm in the same boat as yourself Liam. Never quite got the gist of the idea. I went to most lectures last year, yet still failed the module, but I'm expected to pass it this time with none!? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭taz70

I agree that resits seem like a stupid idea (but thankfully never had to do one). But they're not supposed to be the entire module - they're just another attempt at assessment to show what you learned the first time around (it's like the old summer repeats). If you don't think you're prepared, you're better off dropping the resit and then repeating the module in full the next time it's offered. Not sure if it's too late to do that, but it's gotta be better than having another fail on the record.

Advertisement