Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Makes Bertie Tick?

Options
  • 03-12-2009 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭

sorry that should of course be 'tick'.;)
    Ursula Halligan begins a new series on TV3 tonight where she interviews Irish politicians, celebs etc. The series is called "This Is...."

anyone gonna bother watching

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

imme wrote: »
    Ursula Halligan begins a new series on TV3 tonight where she interviews Irish politicians, celebs etc. The series is called "This Is...."

Was wondering whether you'd left out a "h" !!! :D

I'm quoted as saying that there's a better chance of me watching X-factor or "I'm a celeb....and that chance is already ZERO.

I'd absolutely love if TV3's viewership was ZERO for the duration of this tonight - just to show this little weasel that he can keep his delusions to himself.

I've heard - via ads for this during the day on radio - that he's started to claim that "someone was out to get him and ruin his career" [that'd be himself, with his carry-on] and he was also quoted in the paper that the only worry that he has about Mahon is that they'll conclude that he took payments from O'Callaghan.......i.e. whatever other dodgy stuff that he did, or whatever other payments he got, don't matter, because they're outside the terms of reference.

But nepotism, favouritism, dodgy finances (irony of ironies, given his position) and signing blank cheques is all in a day's "work" for our resident up-his-own-arse.

So no, I won't be watching. If and when someone comes up with actual facts on the guy, and he has to face proper justice, I'll watch, but listening to more of his lies and delusion by choice ? No thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

somebody's changed the thread title? I posted the title 'What Makes Bertie Thick', a little joke on my part.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭freewheeler

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Was wondering whether you'd left out a "h" !!! :D

I'm quoted as saying that there's a better chance of me watching X-factor or "I'm a celeb....and that chance is already ZERO.

I'd absolutely love if TV3's viewership was ZERO for the duration of this tonight - just to show this little weasel that he can keep his delusions to himself.

I've heard - via ads for this during the day on radio - that he's started to claim that "someone was out to get him and ruin his career" [that'd be himself, with his carry-on] and he was also quoted in the paper that the only worry that he has about Mahon is that they'll conclude that he took payments from O'Callaghan.......i.e. whatever other dodgy stuff that he did, or whatever other payments he got, don't matter, because they're outside the terms of reference.

But nepotism, favouritism, dodgy finances (irony of ironies, given his position) and signing blank cheques is all in a day's "work" for our resident up-his-own-arse.

So no, I won't be watching. If and when someone comes up with actual facts on the guy, and he has to face proper justice, I'll watch, but listening to more of his lies and delusion by choice ? No thanks!
    couldn't agree more Liam..what turns my stomach is the way he's strutting around the country pedalling his fiction..does the man have no shame? obviously not..and so obviously out of touch with the public's feelings toward him..unbelievable! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

what turns my stomach is the way he's strutting around the country pedalling his fiction..does the man have no shame? obviously not..and so obviously out of touch with the public's feelings toward him..unbelievable! :mad:

Yet, I'm sure they'll be queues wherever he's signing his work of fiction.

I saw a clip from the programme where he talks about this "person" who engineered his downfall. The same old almost tearful stunt he pulled when he was interviewed a few years ago on RTE.

Odious, self-delusioned crook but he's not going to go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

And he has a big Whiskey nose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭donkey balls

ollaetta wrote: »
    Yet, I'm sure they'll be queues wherever he's signing his work of fiction.

I saw a clip from the programme where he talks about this "person" who engineered his downfall. The same old almost tearful stunt he pulled when he was interviewed a few years ago on RTE.

Odious, self-delusioned crook but he's not going to go away.

i remember hearing a sketch on gift grub and someone in the queue asked him was his book going be in the fiction section:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Martin 2

imme wrote: »

besides his biological clock:), I suppose mixture of self delusion and a desperate need to recover his former popularity... the irony is that with every utterance he makes things worse for himself.

Definitely won't be watching

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

Greed and cash?

Greed and cash?

You left out "ego".....remember the "Bertie Bowl" fiasco ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

I have often wondered the same thing.
    I would love if he were psychologically assessed.
    There is something extremely unusual about him, I can't put my finger on it.

Someone else recently made the comment that he seems to be a bit of a sociopath. I might be inclined to agree.

With Haughey, it was obvious he was corrupt because of greed, he craved power, wealth and luxury.
    Bertie seems to be a lot harder to figure out.
    It often seems that he has absolutely no emotion.
    He couldn't care less about the devastation he has caused.
    Its like "a game" to him.

Since he started off on his latest bout of paranoia, it seems he is definitely a few sandwiches short of a picnic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭p2kone

in the promo he talks about a person who worked "night and day" for his downfall, who is he talking about?

p2kone wrote: »
    in the promo he talks about a person who worked "night and day" for his downfall, who is he talking about?

tv3 tonight @ 10
    http://www.tv3.ie/article.php?article_id=27090&locID=1.2.139.&pagename=home

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

p2kone wrote: »

Himself of course. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

"Ahern talks candidly about his life as Taoiseach and about how his dealings with the Mahon Tribunal affected him in his job."

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Easy for him, since we ARE still paying his salary.
    Contrary to the way some media spins it, he hasn't F**KING retired.
    He is still a sitting TD, he was just demoted.

BTW is he getting ministerial/taoiseach's pension or was that changed that he has to actually, you know reach retirement age like the rest of us ?

There was alot to be said for the French method of doing things circa 1790s.
    An ould rusty guillotine set up in Merrion Sq outside the Dáil would provide cheap entertainment and keep the ones left inside Leinster House on their toes.

I am not allowed discuss …

He is also writing that sports column for the News of the World.
    And doing the lecture circuit.

He must be absolutely minted by now.
    I suppose hes trying to earn a buck now, since its possible some tribunal may repossess certain funds.

Dannyboy83 wrote: »
    I suppose hes trying to earn a buck now.........

That make a change! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Originally Posted by Dannyboy83
    I suppose hes trying to earn a buck now.........

As long as he does not talk economics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Isn't it great to be reminded of the tribunal evidence. ;) money in tins, money on the horses.
    Renting the house and getting the person you're renting from to pay for redecoration.
    Now he says he has a hunch about who was out to bury him. "Somebody was working night and day to screw me up".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

Bloody hell what a simpleton.

"Are you self-disciplined??"

"Yes , when i say I'm off bread, ehhh ehh I'll give up bread".

It sends a shiver down my spine that this guy ran the country for ten years.

• Advertisement

anbrutog wrote: »
    Bloody hell what a simpleton.

"Are you self-disciplined??"

"Yes , when i say I'm off bread, ehhh ehh I'll give up bread".

It sends a shiver down my spine that this guy ran the country for ten years.

Isn't "bread" a well-known euphemism ? Can't imagine Ahern ever being off that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I tried to watch it, but had to switch over. Sheer drivel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

galwayrush wrote: »
    I tried to watch it, but had to switch over. Sheer drivel.

Me too - I watched the first 10 minutes when he was rambling on about Drumcondra.. it was as annoying as that AIB ad where that oulone keeps going on about Terenure... "I was born in Terenure, I grew up in Terenure, I met my husband in Terenure & now we live in.... Terenure".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Yes saw the doc. Bertie going on about his dad and the flying columns. whenever some FFers dont want to talk about the burning issues they bring up Irish history. Haughey did the same on Seven Ages. End of the day Bertie was a kept man. Doesn't matter who was out to get him. He took money from Businessmen and didn't declare it. End of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

Choice between 2 fiction shows last night.

Chose the film on RTE 2 instead of the Drumcondra show.

The film was about a smart guy who pretended to be someone else, who told big lies, who hoodwinked all who knew him and all the time kept up a pretence and fooled everybody.

At least in the film I was entertained as it unfolded.

In the other fiction show on TV3, it woild have been boring as hell as we have seen the film too many times and we know he has all the same qualities as the guy in the film.

He should go away and live out his days in a place where people are gullible enough to be taken in, maybe Disneyland Or maybe he could follow the advice he gave to other people a few years ago, people who called halt.

What was it he said, go away and commit something.

The little gouger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Daithinski

Dannyboy83 wrote: »
    He is also writing that sports column for the News of the World.
    And doing the lecture circuit.

He must be absolutely minted by now.
    I suppose hes trying to earn a buck now, since its possible some tribunal may repossess certain funds.

The malignant little bollix has also recently been offered an honorary degree or phd or something in NUI Maynooth.

http://pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055758438

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Was amused when he talked about his willpower to give stuff up like chocolate. To bad it didnt carry over to taking cash from businessmen... Sorry meant to say friends there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

he had loss of memory at mahon, found it to write a book, now quite a bit of his income is tax free, the one question i cannot remember him being asked, while minister for finance he had no bank account, how did he recieve his wages, in a brown envelope?

Advertisement