Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Public Sector" usage pattern as a term, in posts.

Options
2»

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

No. just the exact phrase "public sector".

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

so the reality is that the post count is actually much higher

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

You can't really take it into account though as it's the same abbreviation for the private sector.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Blowfish wrote: »
    You can't really take it into account though as it's the same abbreviation for the private sector.

PS it also means other things completely unrelated. Could skew the figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I only hope it's a sign of things to come in Irish society. To use the old cliché, "there's a lot of anger out there".
    Indeed.

Pity more of it isn't being aimed at the bankers and developers, and their union, Fianna Fail, the real villains of the piece.

But ofc they're a hell of a lot less visible and safely insulated from reality.

Oh, I'm no apologist for the public service, there's plenty of room for reform and improvement. And the unions ... sweet jebus, the unions!!! Another oligarchy safely insulated from reality, even from what their own members are telling them!

But the Public Sector is currently being made into the anti-christ, to the ecstasy of the unholy trinity which has actually been responsible for dumping this country down the loo and pulling the chain.

About time the whole bloody lot of us, public and private and indeed voluntary sectors, stopped squabbling like kids and insisted on real change / reform at the top.
    nesf wrote: »
    Politics is a civil war carried out by non-violent means essentially.
    Indeed, which is why the result is so often a poisoned wasteland.
    Asok wrote: »
    If you say public sector backwards 3 times infront of a mirror then mary harney throws ducks at your house.
    Your sexual fantasies are getting even weirder ... if that's possible! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

PS it also means other things completely unrelated. Could skew the figures.
    From now the Public Sector shall be referred to as Patrick and the GOP will be referred to as Jennifer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I guess the governments strategy of divide and conquer has been its only true success of the past 10 years then.
    While public& private workers are at each others throat they're helping their banker buddies to the last of our money!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Gaspode wrote: »
    I guess the governments strategy of divide and conquer has been its only true success of the past 10 years then.
    While public& private workers are at each others throat they're helping their banker buddies to the last of our money!

TBH this is my take on it too. Divert negative attention as much as possible so we're fighting a civil war of words and forgetting who created the whole mess in the first place. It is unfortunate that this sudden huge rise in posting is so fuelled by invective.
    One would hope that being unable to see the wood for the trees is what's going on here. However the onset of public sector strikes looks very likely. Public sympathy is going to be at an all time low. Yet we have a number of posters who are public service. I know for a fact many of them have turned off AH because of the malice displayed in some of the posts. I am thinking that the low view will become more prevalent before it goes away.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

TBH this is my take on it too. Divert negative attention as much as possible so we're fighting a civil war of words and forgetting who created the whole mess in the first place. It is unfortunate that this sudden huge rise in posting is so fuelled by invective.
    One would hope that being unable to see the wood for the trees is what's going on here. However the onset of public sector strikes looks very likely. Public sympathy is going to be at an all time low. Yet we have a number of posters who are public service. I know for a fact many of them have turned off AH because of the malice displayed in some of the posts. I am thinking that the low view will become more prevalent before it goes away.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

DeVore wrote: »
    I dunno but I can only say that my maths lecturers would have classified those numbers as "statistically significant". A phrase I confess an undying love for :)

DeV.

He he... Can we calculate spearman's rho? :)

Nice numbers, are there other similar websites such as this that could be content analyzed?

• Advertisement
Advertisement