Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G coverage and pricing

• 03-12-2009 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

Hey all im thinking of getting the nokia N900 and im wondering what sim to put in it, it would have to be pay as you go and i will mainly be using it for internet.
    Just wondering whats the best price plan for 3g internet on pay as you go and what network actualy covers my area (Tralee co Kerry)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

hey just have one last question thanks for showing me the price plan, with 3 pre pay internet how does it work, is it like topping up where you pay 10euro for 1 gig and you cannot go over that 1 gig?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

hey just have one last question thanks for showing me the price plan, with 3 pre pay internet how does it work, is it like topping up where you pay 10euro for 1 gig and you cannot go over that 1 gig?

From memory i think its automatically set that way so you cant use out of allowance, but if you ask them to let you use outside your allowance, it will cost you 49cent per MB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Note that with 3 you will be unable to use data outside of their 3G coverage, because you will be roaming on Vodafone and 3 doesn't have data roaming setup with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

I'm in the same situation as the OP. I'm getting a n900, and I'm on o2 speak easy. Can I get Internet 3g coverage in Co.Roscommon?

• Advertisement

thanks for all the replies think i will go with 3 its class that you can set up mobile broadband as pay as you go used to hate when all my credit would be gone for no reason lol, as far as i can tell on the 3 site tralee is covered with 3g but i wouldnt really hold my breath this town and county suck for any kind of internet:)

This 3G plan seems like good value?

http://www.three.ie/priceplans/best_of_both_45.htm

Have only ever been with o2.....that 10 years, without ever changing. And always on speakeasy.

Currently on the free text bunble with them, as free texts is very important for what I do.

Anyone else on this 3G best of both plan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

One way of checking if 3 cover your area is by sticking your address into this site, and it will show you all phone masts belonging to all 4 networks in your area. If there's a mast belonging to 3 near you, you should be good to go!

Dunno what way data on 3 is fixed as regards if coverage is weak (or non-existant) in your area though. If you go out of 3 coverage, your calls and texts get carried on the vodafone network alright. Some people say they also get a full data connection on vodafone (although only much slower GPRS, not 3G), others say data doesn't work at all when on vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

That comreg site is way out of date do not trust it as it will not give you accurate information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Walkman wrote: »
    That comreg site is way out of date do not trust it as it will not give you accurate information
    The siteviewer service was last updated November 9th of this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Kensington wrote: »
    The siteviewer service was last updated November 9th of this year.

that map is completley wrong, your best off checking on the networks websites or call there customer care..

anyone know wether the N900 will actualy work with 3? im going to buy it unbranded from expansys.ie and i just read this http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=32873

anyone know wether the N900 will actualy work with 3? im going to buy it unbranded from expansys.ie and i just read this http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=32873

If you read the whole lot...i think this issue has been resolved?

I placed an order with espansys.ie yesterday, so fingers crossed that its not delayed again!

good luck, have to wait another few weeks before i can order mine:( have to deal with using my LG Cookie hahaha

Advertisement