Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

31 students arrested after Christmas party in the City

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭counterpointaud

Go out,get pissed,throw up,loud,piss in public generally being a wanker,in step the guard's to restore law and order,paperwork,day in court and a dangerous criminal in the system.
    Cause a complete breakdown in law and order,run amok in stolen car's,carry gun's,pipebombs and cost us a fortune in garda overtime,result
    All charges struck out.Am i reading to much into this

I was in court for some of the more serious cases you mention.

To be honest, I think you are on shaky ground with this argument. I think it would be fair to say that if any of the individuals you refer to in the second part of your argument acted like the students did last Wed, they would have had the book gleefully thrown at them.

If anyone get's special treatment, it is the students over other working class kids.

I feel for people in Lismore Pk and other estates, who have had their own kids have hassle from cops for standing around the green smoking a joint, only to have to move out because their life is intolerable because of constant sessions in the houses on both sides of their family home. I know more than one family in this position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭counterpointaud

I should clarify :D

I happened to be in court while some of these cases were being heard, I was not involved in these cases.

And BTW... these guys were locked up while they waited for their case to come up.

Somehow I think, if any of the alleged criminal acts last Wed go to court, there will be nobody waiting in Cork prison for their day in court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Iwas refering to the knacker's rampage in waterford,firearms,pipebomb's and high speed chases involving stolen car's,peoples lives put at risk and all charges against them were struck but the picture of the two knackers shaking hands on the front page of a local rag to put an end to the feud,turned my stomack,tied to the bull post and whipped within an inch of their lives is what should have happened to those pups.

Advertisement