Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking up new subjects this time of year. Which one?

Options
  • 03-12-2009 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

I need another subject to pick up as im not gonna get the points im looking for otherwise.
    Im already doing chemistry, biology, history and french.
    Im pretty good at sciences and was wondering about ag science but unsure about projects. Also thinking about economics either. If anyone could help, id be very happy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

unless you can get an ag science teacher, that is teaching ag science in your school or in another school to take you on (and grade your project) forget it.

see this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055467114

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Junior D wrote: »
    I need another subject to pick up as im not gonna get the points im looking for otherwise.
    Im already doing chemistry, biology, history and french.
    Im pretty good at sciences and was wondering about ag science but unsure about projects. Also thinking about economics either. If anyone could help, id be very happy

Do Economics.You should get a B if you put in the work.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

stainluss wrote: »
    Do Economics.You should get a B if you put in the work.

not true. economics is very easy to pass but very hard to do well in. take it from somebody who was a very good economics student for two years and didnt do very well at the exam (along with everybody else in the country that did last years economics paper).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

If your good at chemistry, I recommend doing physics. They are related (That is not to say physics is easy!). If you are good at grasping concepts and formulae in chemistry. then physics would be doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭spartan1

in this short amount of time take one of the easier ones, business, geog or Home ec, if its for points id say go with any of these, learn the marking system you should be laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    not true. economics is very easy to pass but very hard to do well in. take it from somebody who was a very good economics student for two years and didnt do very well at the exam

Could you expand on that? I don't really understand what you mean. Is it because there's alot of revision to do, because they're marked hard?

There were five A's in my school last year and I'm finding it relitavely comfortable so far.

Advertisement