Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBox 360 Arcade or Elite??

• 03-12-2009 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hey guys,

My brother has asked me for an xbox for christmas and Ive been researching them online and find there is 2 different types of an xbox just wondering which one is better??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭The Aviator

What do you think the word '' Elite '' means in the English language ???
    Of course the Elite is better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

not much need for that, the girl only asked for advice :mad:

the elite has more memory and is more suited to online gaming, the arcade would suit if he was a very casual gamer, also the price would be a deciding factor

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭The Aviator

jap gt wrote: »

the elite has more memory and is more suited to online gaming, the arcade would suit if he was a very casual gamer, also the price would be a deciding factor

well she can take my advice on staying in school , since she is not familiar what the word ''elite'' means!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

I only wanted an opinion off people as which one was the better one not for people to be sarcastic :mad:
    jap gt wrote: »

Thanks jap gt, As he is only 9 so he wudnt be to much into online gaming I would think so, so I'll just see what the price comparsion is between them!

Thanks again for the advice:)

well she can take my advice on staying in school , since she is not familiar what the word ''elite'' means!

No thanks will not be taking on your advice, as I have finished school 3 years and nearly finished college at this stage, didnt want people to correct me on what the terms "elite" means, think you need to relax and not be jumping into replying rude replys:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Just cause it's better doesn't mean it's suited to her needs ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Elite definately, especially if you are buying up the north it is only £199 for the Elite and 2 games (Mainly the games are relatively new) Well worth it I got mine in GAME last month with Halo 3 ODST and NFS Shift..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

No need to be so nasty....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

You're buying your 9 year old brother an Xbox!

Jesus, why couldn't I have had a sister like you?

Mine just teased me when I was 9 and never bought me anything!

Back on topic. Can you not get the Premium model any more?

That's the one between the Arcade and the Elite and if it's anyway cheaper may be a better option for a 9 year old. He's hardly going to need 120g of memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭OhThePenguin

Whats the price difference between the arcade and the elite?

If its more than €60 I'd buy him the arcade. However sooner or later he'll probably have to get a hardrive as the memory on the arcade version is pretty limited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Given his age I'd go with the Arcade version unless the Elite version is pretty close pricewise :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Went into smyths today was these were there bundles.

The Arcade was €180 with 2 controllers and 2 games.

Then the elite was €250 with 2 games and 2 controllers and 2 €5 euro vouchers and a smyths loyalty card.

So i decided to go with the elite as the fella in smyths said it would benefit him in the long run.

Advertisement