Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming albums online?

Options
  • 03-12-2009 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭

I recently lost 400gb of music due to accidently dropping my hard drive (I'm an uber clutz:mad:) Anyway, seeing as the bones of my music is trapped inside a metal box probably never to be recovered, I was wondering if any of you know a web site where you can stream albums online? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,991 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

grooveshark.com
    deezer.com
    spotify.com if you can access it via a UK proxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

loyatemu wrote: »
    grooveshark.com
    deezer.com
    spotify.com if you can access it via a UK proxy.

Thank you kindly. You have made my life so much better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

magma69 wrote: »
    dropping
    How far did you drop it? Was it insida an exclosure? Was it dropped onto carget or concrete? What does it say when you try to plug it in? Where are you located? Anywhere near Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

the_syco wrote: »
    How far did you drop it? Was it insida an exclosure? Was it dropped onto carget or concrete? What does it say when you try to plug it in? Where are you located? Anywhere near Dublin?

I dropped about 3 feet on a wooden floor but luckily it was not on at the time. Yes it is in a protective metal case. I think it is functioning. It turns on and looks to be working fine (sounds the same etc) but the usp output is not working so my computer does not recognise it when I plug it in. I think the internal connection where hard drive sends the info to the usp cable is damaged. I know very little about hardware etc so I could be wrong. I'm in Limerick. Thanks for your concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Um. Hard to know. Could be the internal bits of the enclosure at fault, or the hard drive may have been knocked. Do you know is the hard drive inside a 2.5inch or a 3.5 inch hard drive?

There's a maplins in Limerick which should have such cheap harddrive enclosures. You should be able to pick up an a basic USB enclosure for about €40, but you'll need to know what (physical) size the hard drive inside is. Popping it in that would let you know if the hard drive is f**ked, or if your current enclosure is f**ked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement