Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At last a breakthrough . . Hmmmmm . .

Options
  • 03-12-2009 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

The government says it has set up a taskforce to start planning reductions in its workforce and compulsory redundancies.

In a statement, the employer said that despite 'exhaustive' negotiations with all union groups, it was no closer to an acceptable deal.

The government said that it believed it was still too far from bridging the gap with the demands of employees.

On Tuesday night, the government said it had decided to go ahead unilaterally with its plans to cut €1.3billion worth of costs from the paybill.
    The Governmant leader (name not available!) said at the time that the decision would most likely lead to further redundancies, possibly compulsory, over and above the many voluntary lay-offs being sought under the draft plan.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://www.rte.ie/business/2009/1203/aerlingus.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

This governments answer to everything seems to be to set up thinktank after thinktank, but we need progress now.

Cowen and co., are in a better position than any gubberment to make things happen; they have precious little chance of re-election, so the need to chase votes is not, or should not be an immediate priority. That said, if they get moving on real reform now, they may yet save FFs backside in the medium term.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

This governments answer to everything seems to be to set up thinktank after thinktank, but we need progress now.

Cowen and co., are in a better position than any gubberment to make things happen; they have precious little chance of re-election, so the need to chase votes is not, or should not be an immediate priority. That said, if they get moving on real reform now, they may yet save FFs backside in the medium term.
    Is this thread about the government or aer lingus I'm confused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Ya, tis Aer Lingus that are doing this, not the two Brians

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

mickeyk wrote: »
    Is this thread about the government or aer lingus I'm confused

I guess my sarcasm is a little rusty . . .

Hint : I plagiarized RTE snippet and inserted Government with Aer Lingus ! ;)

I thought it was funny . . I must get out more . . :(

I thought it was a wrong link until I read it.

I did get the joke :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Drumpot wrote: »
    I guess my sarcasm is a little rusty . . .

Hint : I plagiarized RTE snippet and inserted Government with Aer Lingus ! ;)

I thought it was funny . . I must get out more . . :(

I got it, I thought it was good to be honest.:)
    The contrast demonstrates that everybody except Brian Coward has a spine.
    I heard that Brian Lenihan was so frustrated yesterday that he was prepared to resign.

Thank god Rev and Dannyboy . .

Was beginning to think I overrate my sense of humour . .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Making a joke out of compulsory redundancies. It's low even for this forum.

I saw it as drawing an analogy tbh. I wouldn't make fun of anyone.

There but for the grace of god and all that.

EF wrote: »
    Making a joke out of compulsory redundancies. It's low even for this forum.

Not joining the dots eh ? ?

Do you think Im mocking Aer Lingus Employees for the Gaul for being made redundant . . :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭GSF

There will be plenty more Germans running the Irish economy (whats left of it) soon if we dont get a move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I didn't really enjoy the joke tbh.

But then, I'm someone who appreciates good jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Drumpot wrote: »
    Not joining the dots eh ? ?

Do you think Im mocking Aer Lingus Employees for the Gaul for being made redundant . . :rolleyes:

I can see the point you're making, just dont think it is very appropriate that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Whatever this was supposed to be, I'm not sure it has actually worked as intended.

If the OP feels that there's a real discussion to be had here, feel free to PM me - as it is, I can't see one.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement