Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Toy Run Sun 13 Dec

• 03-12-2009 7:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭

I mentioned a Dublin Toy run in another thread, for anyone interested here are the details.

Sunday 13th December
    17th Annual Toy Run in aid of the Dublin Womens Refuge (Rathmines).

Meeting Point: Harley Davidson Dublin (Red Cow exit from M50)
    Time: 12 noon
    (tea and coffee available!).

Route: HD to Howth Summit (via M50, N32, Portmarnock & Baldoyle), stop for a while in the pub (Summit Inn, I think?), then back to city centre & finish in Rathmines.

Everyone welcome - bring gifts (wrapped and labelled boy/girl and age group), and maybe a pressy for mammy (cosmetics, chocs, etc).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

Perfect! Count me in!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

Cool will defo aim to make this.

Cheers gipi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

Nice one Gipi - if you or anyone from Nth Dublin wants to hook up say @ the Apple Green/Blakes Cross for a rideout to HD??

I'm north side, but I've no idea where your talking about :confused: Petrol station near heuston suit???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Did it last year. Meeting point was Joe Duffy BMW at the N2 / M50 junction. Was a great spin with marshals and all! Very enjoyable even though it was miserable out... But the people at the women's refuge were delighted!

Will probably do it agin this year. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

Nodster wrote: »
    Nice one Gipi - if you or anyone from Nth Dublin wants to hook up say @ the Apple Green/Blakes Cross for a rideout to HD??

Not on northside but would be up for meeting there alright, wherever that is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭gipi

Update on the timing for this run - it's leaving HD at 12 noon, so ye should get there early to give the pressies (there'll be a van to bring all the goodies so ye won't have to carry them) and have a mug of tea or coffee before heading off!

Can't edit the original post, so have bolded the info in this post.

Question for you Gipi. Is there a thread on Biker.ie about this Toy Run? Can't seem to find it...

If there is one, could you please post the link here? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

That H-D Dublin place is nice if there's coffee there at the start. I might have a new (to me) bike by then but unlikely. I was on one of them before. It's likely to a pretty easy ride, not a hoolie rideout.

edit: there seems to be no bike.ie thread for the run, while it's there on the Irish biker forum. The only toy runs on biker are in the Midlands and other obscure places.

If theirs anyone coming down from the Drogheda direction you can meet up at the following for a group rideout to Harley Davidson Dublin to meet up for the main Toy Run - remember to be responsible when riding with a group - keep your distance from the bike in front and be alert at all times
    [copied from one of the forums]

Applegreen petrol station Gormanston Co Meath at 9 30am leaving at 9 45am ( there are two Applegreen petrol stations here, we will be meeting at the Southbound one)

Blakes Cross Petrol Station, North County Dublin 10 am Leaving at 10 15 am

Joe Duffy's BMW center, car park Finglas 10 30am.

Harley Davidson Red Cow arrive at 11am to meet up with all the bikers.

• Advertisement

If theirs anyone coming down from the Drogheda direction you can meet up at the following for a group rideout to Harley Davidson Dublin to meet up for the main Toy Run - remember to be responsible when riding with a group - keep your distance from the bike in front and be alert at all times
    [copied from one of the forums]

Applegreen petrol station Gormanston Co Meath at 9 30am leaving at 9 45am ( there are two Applegreen petrol stations here, we will be meeting at the Southbound one)

Blakes Cross Petrol Station, North County Dublin 10 am Leaving at 10 15 am

Joe Duffy's BMW center, car park Finglas 10 30am.

Harley Davidson Red Cow arrive at 11am to meet up with all the bikers.
    I'll probably meet you (and another friend) in Joe Duffy's at 10:30. I think they have the now S1000RR so I'm glad we're going there! :D

Question to all IBF Users: why does it take 3 days before you can join IBF properly and start posting??? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Question to all IBF Users: why does it take 3 days before you can join IBF properly and start posting??? :confused:

I could start posting straight away :confused:
    I'll probably meet you (and another friend) in Joe Duffy's at 10:30. I think they have the now S1000RR so I'm glad we're going there! :D

Might see you there ;)

What sort of toys we supposed to bring?

....too many moderators?? :D

"it's your job"/"no it isn't"

yesno1.gif

KamiKazi wrote: »
    I could start posting straight away :confused:
    I guess they don't like me... :(
    KamiKazi wrote: »
    Might see you there ;)

What sort of toys we supposed to bring?
    Come down sure! I'll be the fat bloke on the grey '07 Fireblade! :D

Just buy something a kid would like (up to you mate! I'm useless at these things!) and write if it's for a boy or a girl and what age group it is for. ;)

....too many moderators?? :D

"it's your job"/"no it isn't"

yesno1.gif
    LOL! I don't know... I sent them an e-mail and here's what I got back:
    Hello Stephane, thanks for your mail.

It may take 2-3 days to validate your membership.
    This is for the security of the site and its members and, as we are purely
    voluntary, we get to these as fast as we can.

Once validated you will receive an email with directions on how to
    activate your membership.Please check your email spam folder as the
    validation email can sometimes be sent to there, depending on your spam
    settings

Please contact us again if you have trouble after a few days.
    Please also include your forum username.

I bought lego like I did for the last one I was on. I loved lego when I was a kid and always loved getting it.

Come to think of it... I'm 24 now and on tuesday I bought a 1:17 scale Ferrari FXX in lego. Looks like theres no growing out of lego:D

On another note, can't wait for sunday, gonna be a great day!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Its a pity I'll miss this. Went on the one in 2006 and probably one of the best bike related days ever.

I used to love Lego myself! One of my favourites after console games! :D

Maybe I'll pick up some Lego myself...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭gipi

Question for you Gipi. Is there a thread on Biker.ie about this Toy Run? Can't seem to find it...

If there is one, could you please post the link here? :)

Sorry Steffano, just saw this now.

There's no bikerie thread on the Women's Refuge run because it clashes with the bikerie organised run in the midlands next Sunday.

As you know, there's a thread in IBF.

I had similar problems to you when joining IBF (it was over a bank hol weekend though which might have had something to do with it!). I suggest you validate your account again as a reminder - that's what I did and I was given the green light pretty quickly after that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 eava

Did this run last year, very rewarding and great cause. Should have been posted up on B i k e r . i e as well......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

cant make it this year unfotunately, really enjoyed the last one

From my post at ibf, mobile phones pics so iffy-ish (that word better be in OED) quality.

My camera is flat as a pancake, so I'll just put up some from my phone. The attachment size here is tiny. While there's no need here to upload boobies or chopped Triumphs to get out of buswalds, 256k is small. Having to upload to some image host, is a little more time consuming.

Very well organised. Marshals did a good job. This was my second time, and the first I went into the shelter for tea after the run.

13122009109.th.jpg

13122009114r.th.jpg

13122009105.th.jpg

13122009112.th.jpg

13122009108noreg.th.jpg

nother

Thanks for the pics! I'm raging I didn't take my girlfriend's compact camera with me... Had fun today! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I arrived at the start late - had commitments in the morning.

Met Donkey - good to see you again.

Went to Howth, but got bored waiting after about half an hour, so went for a spin with a mate to Bray.

Good run up to Howth, and well organized.

Thanks.

I thought the marshals all leaving together to "check the traffic" was a seriously bad idea... We lost around 40 or 50 bikes with that bright idea! I wonder who came up with that brain fart... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I thought the marshals all leaving together to "check the traffic" was a seriously bad idea... We lost around 40 or 50 bikes with that bright idea! I wonder who came up with that brain fart... :rolleyes:

MMMmmmmm

I saw a load of people getting ready, and getting on their bikes, then I saw it was all the marshals, and they dissapeared down the road.

Waited a while, then got fed up, and left. Donkey stayed, as he wanted to finish the run.
    I wanted to be out on the bike. :)

But, yes - I have experienced a lot of ride outs fall apart at the half way point because everyone is too bust chatting to get on with the ride.
    Don't get me wrong, I like the social side of a spin, but I also loke the spin. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Stormtrooper1

Got left behind on the Cmmc Toy Run. Great buzz but as soon as we went onto the M50, every man - or woman for him/herself.:eek:
    readin posts here, appears the Toy Runs ALL went T!Ts up:confused:........
    I'm interested in getting a group of easy goin' bikers together, started a thread on biker.ie but I got banned when I created too much interest
    ....guess I'm a rebel with a mind of my own and "they" don't like that. Suggesting a run to Blessington Sat 19th if any one interested.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Stormtrooper1

P.C. wrote: »
    MMMmmmmm

I saw a load of people getting ready, and getting on their bikes, then I saw it was all the marshals, and they dissapeared down the road.

Waited a while, then got fed up, and left. Donkey stayed, as he wanted to finish the run.
    I wanted to be out on the bike. :)

But, yes - I have experienced a lot of ride outs fall apart at the half way point because everyone is too bust chatting to get on with the ride.
    Don't get me wrong, I like the social side of a spin, but I also loke the spin. :)

The point is ye go for a spin u expect it to be just that and not a blem cross country:eek:............see Sat 19th for a spin ;)to Blessington??????

The point is ye go for a spin u expect it to be just that and not a blem cross country:eek:............see Sat 19th for a spin ;)to Blessington??????
    Start a new Thread on here and join Irish Biker Forum to get more people involved! ;)

• Advertisement

Low speed and high revs messed with my exhaust, cost 30 Euro to fix.

Advertisement