Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommended games.

• 03-12-2009 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭

I'm having serious difficutly trying to pick out a few games for Christmas. My Ma said she'd get me four games for Christmas, I've decided to get Guitar Hero and CoD:MW2. Anyone recommend any good games?
    Is Uncharted 2 on Xbox or just PS3?
    If it helps, I'm 15 and love the CoD type games.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

uncharted is ps3, i would say assassins creed 2 as one game to get anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'd go with rock band 2 over guitar hero any day of the week.

+1 for Assassins creed 2 but you might need to play the 1st one as there is no recap in 2.

Fallout 3 would be another one you could lose a lot of time on but only if it's your thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

calex71 wrote: »
    I'd go with rock band 2 over guitar hero any day of the week.

+1 for Assassins creed 2 but you might need to play the 1st one as there is no recap in 2.

Fallout 3 would be another one you could lose a lot of time on but only if it's your thing.

Do ya have to sing in rock band 2, 'cause the auls vocals aren't the best.:o

I have Fallout 3 and it's savage.

I'll more than likely take a look at Assassins Creed 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Do ya have to sing in rock band 2, 'cause the auls vocals aren't the best.:o

Lol no , singing is optional and there is no way you could be worse than me at vocals :D

It's just a far superior game in every conceivable way to guitar hero. well i think so anyway, some just prefer guitar hero though. do some research on it to see if you like it. DLC for RB alone passed the 1000 song mark this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

would also recommend borderlands its a FPS/rpg,excellent little game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

+1 for Borderlands and Rock Band. I'll throw Left4Dead 2 into the ring as well as a game I'm having a hell of a lot of fun with at the moment, but only get it if you play online, as the single player isn't great on its own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

15, and going to be playing MW2, and Assassins Creed 2???

Bad Parenting me thinks.

Check out forza motorsport 2.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Assassins Creed 2???

Bad Parenting me thinks.

Check out forza motorsport 2.

Assassin's Creed 2 is rated 15s, before you call social services.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Assassin's Creed 2 is rated 15s, before you call social services.

What's modern warfare 2 rated??

Assassins creed is a bit violent for 15's, didn't know it was only 15's though.

What's modern warfare 2 rated??

Assassins creed is a bit violent for 15's, didn't know it was only 15's though.

Modern Warfare 2 is rated 18, which is why I didn't mention it in my reply.

But on the subject it's rated 18 because of a particular mission in it that if you want you can skip and disable permanently from the game. I didn't find it any more violent than the first Modern Warfare or World at War and both are rated 15 too.

Also if I want to be pedantic (and I do) she hasn't actually bought the games for him yet, he's only asked for them, so there's a chance that when she sees the game is rated 18 she will refuse to buy it.

• Advertisement

Modern Warfare 2 is rated 18, which is why I didn't mention it in my reply.

But on the subject it's rated 18 because of a particular mission in it that if you want you can skip and disable permanently from the game. I didn't find it any more violent than the first Modern Warfare or World at War and both are rated 15 too.

Also if I want to be pedantic (and I do) she hasn't actually bought the games for him yet, he's only asked for them, so there's a chance that when she sees the game is rated 18 she will refuse to buy it.

I know MW2 is 18's, that's why i did mention it, just wanted you to acknowledge the right bit of my post, instead of just skipping past it!!

Maybe she will, but considering she has already bought him Fallout 3, which is 18, then i assume she probably wont.

I know MW2 is 18's, that's why i did mention it, just wanted you to acknowledge the right bit of my post, instead of just skipping past it!!

I skipped past it because it was irrelevant to the point I was making. I was correcting you on the rating of AC2. I didn't think I needed to point out where you said things that were factually correct.

If he was ten or twelve I'd have an issue with him playing 18 rated games, but, personally, once you get to 15+ I think it's up to the parent to decide whether their child is mature enough to play 18 rated games or watch 18-rated films.

I skipped past it because it was irrelevant to the point I was making. I was correcting you on the rating of AC2. I didn't think I needed to point out where you said things that were factually correct.

If he was ten or twelve I'd have an issue with him playing 18 rated games, but, personally, once you get to 15+ I think it's up to the parent to decide whether their child is mature enough to play 18 rated games or watch 18-rated films.

Fair enough, I'd naturally agree with you, just think with the whole controversy about MW2 that certain things should be policed more strongly!!

Fair enough, I'd naturally agree with you, just think with the whole controversy about MW2 that certain things should be policed more strongly!!

I think the controversy with MW2 is slightly blown out of proportion personally, and was probably fueled by Activision to sell even more copies of the game. The irony is the intention of that sequence was to make you think about and consider violence in video games and the effects of violence in general. Whether it was executed effectively or not is debatable.

Getting the thread back on topic, I assume it's safe to say he can get 18-rated games, so I'm just recommending good games I've enjoyed recently regardless of rating. IN case rating is an issue, Left 4 Dead 2 and Borderlands are both rated 18.

I'd also suggest you get a Microsoft points card for one of your games slots and pick up Shadow Complex and 'Splosion Man.

I think the controversy with MW2 is slightly blown out of proportion personally, and was probably fueled by Activision to sell even more copies of the game. The irony is the intention of that sequence was to make you think about and consider violence in video games and the effects of violence in general. Whether it was executed effectively or not is debatable.

Getting the thread back on topic, I assume it's safe to say he can get 18-rated games, so I'm just recommending good games I've enjoyed recently regardless of rating. IN case rating is an issue, Left 4 Dead 2 and Borderlands are both rated 18.

I'd also suggest you get a Microsoft points card for one of your games slots and pick up Shadow Complex and 'Splosion Man.

That's fair enough then i suppose :o!!

I see GOW2 in your sig?? Would you recommend getting it?? Have been thinking about it for a while, but dunno if it's worth it.

I'd also recommend AC2, amazing graphics, setting and gameplay.

That's fair enough then i suppose :o!!

I see GOW2 in your sig?? Would you recommend getting it?? Have been thinking about it for a while, but dunno if it's worth it.

I'd also recommend AC2, amazing graphics, setting and gameplay.

I only started playing it properly yesterday. Had picked it up when I first got my Xbox 2 months ago. Had 2 achievements only on it and it was taunting me so went back to playing it. It's pretty good, nice and frantic, some good set-pieces. Haven't tried the multiplayer or anything yet though. I have Assassin's Creed 2 for my PS3, it's excellent alright, I love it. I play it when I need a change of pace from L4D2. I play it to relax :P

I picked up Gears of War 2 pre-owned for €15 in Xtravision if you're looking for it. Think there's a game of the year edition too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

HMV are selling GOW2 for €18 at the moment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I prefer Guitar Hero myself to be honest but i think it just depends really on the person, legends of rock i think is still the best one. Assassins creed 2 is brilliant i loved it would definatly recomend that one aswell.

Thanks for all the on-topic replies.:) And the posts defendinf me Ma.:D
    As for the whole over-18's thing, who honestly gives a fcuk?
    I don't know one person my age who hasn't been allowed to get a particular game because it's over-18's. What's so bad about a bit of blood? It won't scar most people for life, maybe some with phsycological problems, but not for most. Get off your high horse and my Ma is a great mother.

baz2009 wrote: »
    Get off your high horses

Horse (singular) I was defending yer mother.

• Advertisement

Horse (singular) I was defending yer mother.

Oops, I'm used to saying horses.:o
    Thank you.:)

baz2009 wrote: »
    Oops, I'm used to saying horses.:o
    Thank you.:)

lol no worries, was just afraid I was getting tar with that brush lol!

Advertisement