Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best way to make fried noodles??

Options
  • 03-12-2009 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

just like the chinese?? Anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Ishindar

it depends entirely on the type of noodles, read the pack instructions.

for the average noodles u would boil them for 4mins in salted water. then wash them thoroughly with cold water. put in a pot of cold water and cut up with scissors(makes it easy to stir into the wok) until ready. strain the water and put into the wok with meat and veg and bring the wok up to temperature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Stella777

Fry them in peanut oil at a high temp. Make sure the oil is almost smoking before you add the other items. Before adding the noodles, stir fry green onions, garlic and ginger in the oil. As you are frying them, stir in some soy sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

You can get 'straight-to-wok' noodles, I think Sherwood do them, so those ones you don't have to boil first.

Just about the adding things 'just before smoking' rule, an easy way to tell is that the oil in the wok, if you tip the wok and let the oil move around, should make little parallel lines. That's when you should add the food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

if you want noodles get them in a chinese food shop. I got a big packet of noodles from one, they were pre-steamed, all i had to do was soak them in boiled water for a few minutes and rinse before adding them to the stir fry and the difference was unbelievable

Advertisement