Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take Aways!

Options
  • 03-12-2009 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

With the ammount of take aways now in Balbriggan can anyone recomend a good one. Got a fish & chip in one this evening and it was nothing short of ROTTEN.
    Any ideas ???? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I refuse to use the Chip shop next to Super Value after i got Half frozen fresh cod and chips.

The new chinese Mr Wu is nice on Drogheda st. They do a nice special fried rice.

And Saffron Indian do a nice take away most of the time. They have a slight problem with delivery times though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

I never find fault with the Deli Burger but because I said that I'm sure you're going to tell me that's where you got your fish and chips!!

Eatzen is great too. Nice chips for a Chinese and the best Japanese Udon noodles I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

does anyone know whats happening with macari's? The menu board has been up for ages, but no sign of it opening at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Jimdagym wrote: »
    does anyone know whats happening with macari's? The menu board has been up for ages, but no sign of it opening at all.

Whereabouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I am a Deli Burger fan myself. Good fish, great chips. That said, I've not tried many of the others.

• Advertisement

Before this thread descends into another fast-food-bashing mess - please keep it on-topic and give the OP your thoughts on the best Balbriggan has to offer.

Thanks,

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

While I am no fan of fast food I had a bag of chips out of the Chipper down from Bracken Court on same side on a corner. Thought they were O.K. My kids loved them. Burgers were good. Think it was Deli Burger

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Nod's nosebags recommends [and tends to stick with] ;)

For Chinese - The Golden Emperor (Mixed seafood fried rice)

For Chippers - Deli Burger (they do a mean Fish Kebab)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Deli Burger best chips by far
    Chinese Mrs Fowl and I prefer the Golden Wok
    Indian Saffron quite good (not quite as good as Indie Spice though)

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

mings in rush is great, always nice grub

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

RobFowl wrote: »
    Deli Burger best chips by far
    Chinese Mrs Fowl and I prefer the Golden Wok
    Indian Saffron quite good (not quite as good as Indie Spice though)

....................and there you were complaining about the amount of take away's in Balbriggan.;)

Deadly burger for chips.
    Golden Wok because when it opened it only had The China Garden as competition but Mr Wu by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭shellyb73

Best Chinese imo is Fei garden at Dunnes, we eat there once per week
    Best chipper....eh there ist one imo, I go to Skerries to the one at the monument, cant remember the name
    Not sure if saffron still open in Raliway st, yummy scrummy!! ( Indian )
    Dont eat pizza, sorry..

:) Happy dining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

The burgers in Deli Burger and the chips in Eatzen are very good, its been a while since I got fish (battered Cod) so I cant really say........

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigjez

Best Pizza - Liberos followed by Dominos
    Best chips - Italian beside the post office. It does take-out.
    Best chinese - Feis Garden in castle mill (Beats golden wok to first place)
    Best chipper - Eatzen is handy because it sells chinese as well.Chicken fillet burger is to die for. Borza is not worth it and Deli burger would be second.

Harveys also does takeaway and I love the food in there. Very pricey but worth it
    Abrakebabra is just ok. You got twice as many chips when it opened first though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Borzas chips are lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Just for interestest The chips and beans in Deliburger are massive.

Macaris actually owns Deliburger....

(Inside information ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Speaking of Balbriggan Take-Aways, last night I noticed one of the latest arrivals beside Coor's Hadware has a notice in the window announcing 'OPEN CHRISTMAS DAY' - not that I mind the likes of the SPAR or garages opening for essential supplies for a limited couple of hours on the festive holiday, but I wonder if this take-away will have a ready supply of batteries for all those electronic gizmo's that come sans batteries :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Gotta recommend eatzen - cheapest and good food too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

Cant believe that place is opening christmas day! They were shut down after two days-am actually surprised people trust it after that,takes something bad to get a closure order afaik....(eg having raw and cooked meat beside each other-not that I'm implying that was the case here)

Suppose with so many nationalities living in the area that we cant expect them all to celebrate christmas,just like we don't mark their holy days etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

suzieb wrote: »
    Cant believe that place is opening christmas day! They were shut down after two days-am actually surprised people trust it after that,takes something bad to get a closure order afaik....(eg having raw and cooked meat beside each other-not that I'm implying that was the case here)

What were they closed for anyway? Not that I'd ever frequent such an establishment ...:D

• Advertisement

suzieb & Absurdum - Do not drag this thread any further off-topic.
    See post 7 in this thread.

HB

Advertisement