Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

30% free space on C Drive but still slow

• 03-12-2009 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

When I try to open say internet explorer or a word document the pc really is slow doing this.over all bb when opened runs really fast.But opening docs is a pain. I checked my C drive which states I have around 30% free space, I checked the Run the put in msconfig to make sure nothing is starting up in the back ground. Now I do have loads of pictures in My Pictures ,but still I have 30% free space when I check the C drive. any ideas what I can do
    Edit/Delete Message

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,224 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Free Space is one thing but when was the last time you ran a Defragment pass on your Hard Drive? You can find the Defragment tool in the Start menu under Accessories>System Tools; or by going to my computer, right clicking on the drive and selecting Properties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Install and run this, might help!

http://www.ccleaner.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,224 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Piriform is a fantastic company. You can find their Defraggler tool on the left hand menu of that link, which is also nice and handy.

edit: looks like their coming out with something new too - Speccy. Nice one!

Advertisement