Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

painting pebbledash in cold weather - pls help

Options
  • 03-12-2009 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

Not sure if I should have posted this in DIY, but will try here anyway. My husband has a painting job coming up, he is not a professional painter, but is doing a favour for friends - they know he's not a professional painter so there's no deceit going on or anything.

Anyway, he's kind of under an obligation to finish it in the next month or two - outside, pebbledash walls. Help. I've heard about special masonry paint for quick drying in cold weather, but unfortunately we haven't the money for this - we already have bought the standard Sandtex masonry paint.

So I'm asking any online experts, I know the conditions are far from ideal, but this is what we have to work with. Is there any advice to follow in cold weather to avoid potential disaster? He is suggesting using a torch (the kind used for torch on felt) to heat the walls prior to painting, he said he's seen it done before, but I have a feeling this could go horribly wrong. Anyone else heard of this or done it? Any constructive advice to offer please?

Comments

Advertisement