Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster senior club football Final '09

Options
  • 03-12-2009 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Portlaoise play Garrycastle of Westmeath this Sunday in Tullamore.

This is a huge match and second biggest match any club can play in.The team and club welcome all supporters from within Portlaoise and ,of course , those around the county who follow Portlaoise and urge all supporters to travel on Sunday.

Does anyone here give a toss or is it just folly of me to ask any armchair supporters out there to come follow the team?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

TheKid wrote: »
    Portlaoise play Garrycastle of Westmeath this Sunday in Tullamore.

This is a huge match and second biggest match any club can play in.The team and club welcome all supporters from within Portlaoise and ,of course , those around the county who follow Portlaoise and urge all supporters to travel on Sunday.

Does anyone here give a toss or is it just folly of me to ask any armchair supporters out there to come follow the team?

I couldn't give a $hit to be honest. I'm not from Laois, i follow the county team as i have 2 nephews involved but at club level it doesn't bother me at all.

But i do wish them well..............

Oh and its actually the 3rd biggest match for a club as you have the Leinster final, all Ireland semi and all Ireland final.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭TheKid

Fair comment and is the attitude of the vast majority inside and outside Portlaoise.

By the way, having played in leinster final, AI semi and final at club level, the leinster final would be second biggest match.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Do Portlaoise not get much support from the town? If not thats disgraceful as they are the only team in the town. Winning a Leinster club is a huge achievement. Well done Portlaoise. I know what its all about and what it takes. My own club did it a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Kenteach

The support they get, in relative terms, is quite poor. Is it me or would there be better support for a county championship club match rather than an intercounty club match? Local rivalries and all that. Hard to guage it some matches this year, when decent crowds attended during club championship, where all the supporters were from (portlaoise or the opposition), but attendances during leinster championship (even allowing for weather) were terrible.

On the subject of GAA in portlaoise, whats the set up like there for teams outside of the senior side? Thinking of dusting the old boots off in the new year (nothing to do with the missus calling me an ever expanding lump of uselessness!) and would be interested in doing a bit of training with the carrot of some level of match to look forward to. Anyone any info??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I pray that Kilmurry hop off "Da Town", even though Kilmurry's biggest rivalry is with the town I lived in when I was a baby and I lived there for 3 summers, but Jaysus I do hate Portlaoise.:P
    Yhup The Heath!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭TheKid

''they all hate us but they cant bate us'' lol. life's sweet, shutting the begrudgers up is just the cherry on top of the cake.

Advertisement