Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rough price for an Arena?

Options
  • 03-12-2009 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi guys,
    could anyone give me a rough estimate of what an arena would cost? I have a very wet boggy fireld so it would need to be drained v well first.
    Just want a rough idea.
    Any one get one put down recently? What did it cost?
    Any advice really appreciated.
    Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

30 m x 20m, wet field so you will need maybe 20 loads of gravel, thats around €2- €3k. Maybe 6-8 loads of sand, thats about€4 - €5k. The term will be around €750 and the perimiter fence €1 -€2k. A digger for a few days another €500
    The most important thing is to raise it up well over the surrounding field so the water will drain off it. And make sure the fence posts are banked up on the outside or they will tilt out after a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Hello77

Thats great, thanks!
    Whats the "term"?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The term is a sort of a mat thats put on top of the gravel/stone before the sand goes on top. It prevents the stones from coming up through the sand but it doesn't stop the water from going down as it's woven from strands criss crossing so it's porous. It comes in a roll, sometimes you would see it being used in road construction also.
    I will try and find the correct name for it, or the trade name.

Advertisement