Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GakkenFlex

• 03-12-2009 10:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭

Following on from ... http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055745107
    Shiny box arrived about 5 days later from japan and after some trials and tribulations I had the camera assembled.

Camera is 1/100 and f/11 or so. First roll was tri-x, souped it in Diafine to try and get some usable negs out of a wide variety of situations.

4156342918_07b427c880.jpg

Jealousy much ?
    4156331204_75f6c7b1b8.jpg

Double exposure prevention is .. uhh .. nonexistent ...
    4156354254_95e46949eb.jpg

exposure is a bit hit and miss ...
    4155557955_c7c1e97922.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

ooh cheers for posting these, was waiting for your first results!! one question - why is double exposure unpreventable - something to do with the winding mechanism?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

They're great Daire. Are you still going to go for a lens conversion, do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

artyeva wrote: »
    ooh cheers for posting these, was waiting for your first results!! one question - why is double exposure unpreventable - something to do with the winding mechanism?

I didn't say that double exposure was unpreventable, I said that double exposure protection was non-existent :) You snap the shot and then wind on ... or not ... so you can snap as often as you want on that one wee bit of film. Other cameras have interlocks to protect you from doing this, or winding on also cocks the shutter so you have to wind on before shooting again etc etc
    Fajitas! wrote: »
    They're great Daire. Are you still going to go for a lens conversion, do you think?

I don't know now. The helios is too big to fit one on top of another given the size of the thing, so I disassembled the one I have the other night. Taking it out of its focusing helical helped a bit but there was still no way it would fit. Only after I'd stuck the thing back together again did I realise that I wouldn't need an aperture mechanism for the viewing lens, so I could just unscrew the lens elements for the viewing lens and screw them back into some barrel of the right length, and leave the aperture mechanism on the taking lens. They'd probably fit then but I'd have to fashion some sort of focusing mechanism for them.
    Then on top of all that, because of the way the shutter mechanism is constructed the body can't really be reamed out anymore than would provide an aperture of about f/5.6 or so. The whole point of shooting with the Helios is to shoot it wide open so I've cooled on the idea a bit now :rolleyes:

Anyhow, its a kind of neat camera. Although I can see why no-one ever really thought the idea of waist level viewfinders for a 35mm cam was a particularly good idea. Its a little ... troublesome ... focusing :)

Advertisement