Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards.ie

Options
  • 03-12-2009 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

everything i seem to post on boards.ie either gets closed, locked or i get some kind of warning. sorry but i have no interest in reading a big list of rules before I post a harmless thread.
    have the admins nothing better to do?
    Let me guess.. I'm breaking the rules again aren't I?
    smart arse comments welcome
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭ball

Cannon wrote: »
    everything i seem to post on boards.ie either gets closed, locked or i get some kind of warning. sorry but i have no interest in reading a big list of rules before I post a harmless thread.

That's your answer right there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

You have only 14 posts. Looking at your post history, you have 1 thread that is locked with an instruction and link from a mod to read the charter. And an infraction/warning for something else.

When you go to post in a forum, it doesn't hurt to familiarise yourself with the charter and the ethos of the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

In fairness, it can be hard to know how the land lies first-off.

Just read the charters of the forums you post in (as some have varying vibes and expectations) and get a feel for the place.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

stovelid wrote: »
    In fairness, it can be hard to know how the land lies first-off.

Just read the charters of the forums you post in (as some have varying vibes and expectations) and get a feel for the place.
    Yep good advice. TBH I've rarely read forum charters. That's the truth, but I have lurked for a bit to figure out what was what as far as each forum goes. Kinda like meeting a new bunch of people. You wait and see who they are and how they react to different conversational topics and such.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Wibbs wrote: »
    Yep good advice. TBH I've rarely read forum charters. That's the truth, but I have lurked for a bit to figure out what was what as far as each forum goes. Kinda like meeting a new bunch of people. You wait and see who they are and how they react to different conversational topics and such.

It helps when you realise that Boards is not one site with a set of rules but a grouping of smaller sites with their own nuances, what applies in on forum does not fit in another so you need to take a bit of time to get the vibe of each forum you enter

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Most rules are common sense, so there is no excuse for breaking those ones most of the time. If it is a case of a thread in the wrong place then having it in the correct place usually ensures better responses. There are some silly and weird rules though that if one fell foul of I would have sympathy for the cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Nobody is forcing you to read the rules. However, if you don't read the rules, you can't complain if you get punished for breaking them. If you do read the rules and decide that boards isn't for you, then don't post.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

So someone locked your thread pimping your guitar for sale.

For someone into Martial Arts your Internet skin is very thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,136 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Adverts.ie is a Boards.ie sister site you should be using to try and sell your guitar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Cannon

Overheal wrote: »
    Adverts.ie is a Boards.ie sister site you should be using to try and sell your guitar.

yeah was going to, just looking for a guide price first. that was out of the question though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Ok so how do you suggest we do things differently to improve things? What could Boards.ie have done better? What would have been the best scenario for you - just let you and everyone else do what they want?

All constructive feedback welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

/popcorn

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Darragh wrote: »
    What could Boards.ie have done better?

Give members the benefit of the doubt, esp ones who have been registered like Canon for almost 4 years, before locking threads?

He didn't appear to me to be trying to sell his guitar, just get an estimation of the price, before selling it. Even the title of the thread is "Electric Guitar Value" and not "Guitar - For Sale"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Ponster - ideally yes, that is what would have happened and perhaps Cannon should go back to the moderator in question to see what could be done to resolve the issue?

Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 38 joebstarsurfer

I my a joke about le flag and people of not rich background weeping when Ireland loose.I think theres some retentive people of German extraction on here).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Wow. 2009. That was a pretty cool year I seem to remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It was. Amongst other achievements, it broke one hell of a dry spell and doubled the size of my whiskey collection without having to spend a penny. To this day I'm not sure which of those I'm happiest about.

<3 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

You discovered Cutty Sarky?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement