Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A moment to LOL.

• 03-12-2009 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭

So I sent my xbox away about 4weeks ago for repair , it came back today. I was delighted until I read the note saying it wasn't repaired because I had "tampered" with it .
    Just thought i'd let ye all know so ye can laugh at my misery.

Also, would the smart thing to do in Microsofts case not be to fix it but then charge me for voiding the warranty.At this stage i'll never get past level 9 in MW2.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ok sheepy between friends did you tamper with it? they are ruthless when it comes to anyone messing with consoles! i feel your pain my friend!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Honestly what happened was it kept freezing time after time. I opened it to clean out the dust which is what I did and had no freezing at all for a week . It then froze again a week or so later and when I restarted it , it had the 3 red lights. It was only when looking on forums afterwards that i knew that the freezing was building up to rrod and that removing the casing voided the warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Sucks. But at least now with Christmas coming up, you can pick one up really cheap, or put it one your wish list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

true but i had planned on getting a HD for christmas :(. anyone know anywhere besides adverts.ie that i could pick up a cheap 2nd hand xbox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

If your busted one starts the odd time, gamestop will take it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Be careful when buying any second hand 360, because MS banned 1 million Xbox Live users because the Xboxs were modded. So these Xboxs wont be able to connect to Xbox Live.....ever (unless MS do something about it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Did ya only take off the cover?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Honestly what happened was it kept freezing time after time. I opened it to clean out the dust which is what I did and had no freezing at all for a week . It then froze again a week or so later and when I restarted it , it had the 3 red lights. It was only when looking on forums afterwards that i knew that the freezing was building up to rrod and that removing the casing voided the warranty.

no1 to blame but yourself im afraid OP. opening it up voiding the warranty sticker was plain mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    If your busted one starts the odd time, gamestop will take it.

Christ almighty, what is it with some people, this isn't the first time I've noticed this 'advice' on here though I can't be sure if it was you or another user, I know I've reported this a few times... What you're suggesting is fraud, it is illegal

OP, if it's just an RROD you could try repair it yourself or give it in to a console repair business, with the warranty voided already it's your only option apart from buying a new xbox (or taking a risk and buying a second hand one).

Christ almighty, what is it with some people, this isn't the first time I've noticed this 'advice' on here though I can't be sure if it was you or another user, I know I've reported this a few times... What you're suggesting is fraud, it is illegal

OP, if it's just an RROD you could try repair it yourself or give it in to a console repair business, with the warranty voided already it's your only option apart from buying a new xbox (or taking a risk and buying a second hand one).

No, its called exploiting the mistakes and idiocy of a stupid bunch of people who are to stupid to test the products give to them.

Its not a illegal, its just a pain for whoever picks it up next from them and some silly price being ripped off.

Good day sir, happy gaming:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

No, its called exploiting the mistakes and idiocy of a stupid bunch of people who are to stupid to test the products give to them.

Its not a illegal, its just a pain for whoever picks it up next from them and some silly price being ripped off.

Good day sir, happy gaming:cool:

Well that's a nice attitude to have, pass the problem onto someone who's 'silly' enough to buy a 2nd hand console from them. :rolleyes:

Not exactlly, the person who ends up with it will get an exchange.

Ive bought second hand consoles before. 2 PS3's that failed and an xbox that RROD, all from GS, so i knew they were taking in dodgy consoles. I never bought a second hand one again, all are new.!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

One question Darksaga87, did you enjoy the feeling when your second hand consoles died?
    Like TouchingVirus it sickens me to see people on this board suggesting others offload their crappy console onto someone else who knows no better.
    Think of a poor mother or father struggling to get their kids a console for Christmas, so they decide to buy a second hand one in Gamestop etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

One question Darksaga87, did you enjoy the feeling when your second hand consoles died?
    Like TouchingVirus it sickens me to see people on this board suggesting others offload their crappy console onto someone else who knows no better.
    Think of a poor mother or father struggling to get their kids a console for Christmas, so they decide to buy a second hand one in Gamestop etc.

Sorry for double post.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

Not exactlly, the person who ends up with it will get an exchange.

Ive bought second hand consoles before. 2 PS3's that failed and an xbox that RROD, all from GS, so i knew they were taking in dodgy consoles. I never bought a second hand one again, all are new.!

How many consoles do you get through. I've had the same Xbox sine the day they were released and have never felt the urge to get a new one. Your either very harsh on your equipment or stupid with your money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

mooman wrote: »
    How many consoles do you get through. I've had the same Xbox sine the day they were released and have never felt the urge to get a new one. Your either very harsh on your equipment or stupid with your money.

Count yourself lucky mate the RROD will come for you some day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Sheepy, look for a console repair service, there is a great one in Bray and afaik they charge €50 for a repair. The guy really knows what hes doing, http://consolerepairsireland.ie/

Also, this one might hurt a bit, but i know a guy who had a modded xbox, it got the E74 error but he sent it in to Microsoft anyway, they sent it back fixed, good as new and with a free 3 month Live card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

No, it is actually fraud. You agree to sell them back a console that is in perfect working order.

They give you money for the broken console because it passes a quick test, you are happy. Some other person buys it and returns it because it doesn't work and gets a working one, they are happy. In this particular instance Gamestop cannot return the RROD console to Microsoft because it's been tampered with, Gamestop lose money. You have defrauded Gamestop.

If you sold Gamestop a broken console and they didn't check it then there's a problem with your morals but ultimately Gamestop only have themselves to blame. However, you're suggesting that the OP sells them a console with underlying problems and passes it off as perfect working order, which is fraud.

Just because Gamestop don't take the xbox away and test it thoroughly for a period of time does not make it any less fraudulent, nor does it make you any less a fraudster.

Dcully wrote: »

Sorry for double post.

I totally agree. And im not taking the piss by saying that.

I know hat i said is not the right the thing to do, it was the bitterness in me at GS for selling me dud consoles.

As for how many consoles i go though. feck all TBH. I only changed my xbox after 4 years, I wanted a second hand one, but after been given broken after broken i went for a new one. So ive only ever bought 2 xbox's.

Sorry that my comment caused offence. I have the up most respect for fellow gamers
    But as a warning, make sure you put second hand consoles to the best test's.

Advertisement