Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gold account in ireland....what do you get for the money?

• 03-12-2009 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

I know we don't get netflix or iplayer(and the skyplayer doesn't interest me)
    so im wondering whats the advantages of spending money on it as opposed to a silver account ? do we have 1 vs 100 over here ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

herobear wrote: »
    I know we don't get netflix or iplayer(and the skyplayer doesn't interest me)
    so im wondering whats the advantages of spending money on it as opposed to a silver account ? do we have 1 vs 100 over here ?

Yes you do have 1 vs 100 here. You also have zune, facebook and twitter. Not too sure if they're only exclusive to gold. But you get the same features pretty much as anywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I wouldn't worry about twitter and facebook... it's a disgrace MS don't let people on silver accounts use them as they're free anyway.

The main (and only for me) advantage is playing online with other people. Games like Halo are completely useless without XBL tbh.

Overall the service seems a bit pricey if you own a PS3 or gaming PC - as the experience is fairly similar. XBL is better, but I don't think it's €50/yr better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

wrote:
    The main (and only for me) advantage is playing online with other people. Games like Halo are completely useless without XBL tbh.
    This. you can't race on line in Forza on a silver sub.

You can also get the 12 month sub for a lot less than the €60 MS are asking for it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

2 Espressi wrote: »
    You can also get the 12 month sub for a lot less than the €60 MS are asking for it...

care to elaborate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

care to elaborate?
    You can buy it online for around €30 from eBay, Live-Codes.com, Cheap Xbox Live Codes, etc.

Other than playing games online (co-op and multiplayer), the only other benefits for me is the ability to send messages through xbox.com, and the odd Gold member only discounts MS offer on DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭ItsNoAlias

but anyone know where you can pick up a wireless adapter for less than the outragous MS price?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

ItsNoAlias wrote: »
    but anyone know where you can pick up a wireless adapter for less than the outragous MS price?
    Harvey Norman €50 I got one for €25 last Saturday:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

care to elaborate?

Duffff-Man's sig was the first place I'd consider, but the other links are probably just as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 davidcorry

Cheap place to subscribe for xbox gold is
    http://www.buygamingcodes.com/5-xbox-live-subscription

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

2 Espressi wrote: »
    Duffff-Man's sig was the first place I'd consider, but the other links are probably just as good.

D'oh, yeah its big enough to notice alright :D
    May well just avail of that so :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SD7792

mooman wrote: »
    Harvey Norman €50 I got one for €25 last Saturday:D

where'd you get it for €25?

SD7792 wrote: »
    where'd you get it for €25?

Harvey Norman had 50% off all accessories for 2 hours last Saturday. Got myself a control with 1 month sky sports, a pad with two games ant the wireless adapter for €57:cool:

Harvey norman seem to have a lot of those deals. Do you know if they have any other ones coming up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

davidcorry wrote: »
    Cheap place to subscribe for xbox gold is
    http://www.buygamingcodes.com/5-xbox-live-subscription

actually this is the cheapest place

12 month - € 28.92

SD7792 wrote: »
    Harvey norman seem to have a lot of those deals. Do you know if they have any other ones coming up?

I dont know when the next is but keep an eye out here

mooman wrote: »
    I dont know when the next is but keep an eye out here
    Ah cool. Thanks man ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lorr1981

https://www.gamepointsnow.com/ is this ok for points/ subscription? tnx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

dunworth1 wrote: »
    actually this is the cheapest place

12 month - € 28.92

sorry i just noticed i never put in the link