Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Latency issues

• 03-12-2009 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭

Looking for advice on the following problem.
    I use an M-auio Oxygen in conjunction with FL Studio to create riffs etc. However if I'm using it control a synth such as Styrus, I got a lot of latency problems when playing on the keyboard. This is more evident with the 'heavier' sounds. Is this a result of a CPU/Soundcard issue or is it more to do with the drivers? My card is an SB Live.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I have a SB card as well. If you're using the default drivers, don't. There are special low latency ASIO drivers called KxAudio, specially for SB range of cards. http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/

They can go as low as 2ms I think. It all depends how good your PC is. I use 20ms and it seems fine for me. They might seem a bit daunting as there is a lot you can do with them but they're very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

had a smiliar problem and then i donwloaded the latest asio4all and its ok now .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

ASIO4ALL works for most cards, if not all. They're not as configurable as the KXaudio ones but they're a lot easier to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Thanks for the replies all. I'll try the ASIO drivers and see how I get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

If you're using your Primary Sound Driver in FL Studio that could be the problem. ASIO's the way to go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement