Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's Brocagh gone?

Options
  • 03-12-2009 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

My father was telling me that as you head into Brocagh village there's now signs for Cloghan! Who stole Brocagh????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

RMDrive wrote: »
    Who stole Brocagh????

Well, if in doubt blame them sneeky French, they stole it.:D

Is Brocagh the townland on the far side of Cloghan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Technique

RMDrive wrote: »
    My father was telling me that as you head into Brocagh village there's now signs for Cloghan! Who stole Brocagh????

It was last seen just off the main Carrigans to St.Johnston road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Senna wrote: »
    Is Brocagh the townland on the far side of Cloghan?

The townland border, and the Gaeltacht, split the village. The Ballybofey side of the village is in Cloghanbeg. The Fintown side, after the junction, is in Brockagh.

The Post Office is Cloghan PO so I suppose this became the official address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

sesswhat wrote: »
    The townland border, and the Gaeltacht, split the village. The Ballybofey side of the village is in Cloghanbeg. The Fintown side, after the junction, is in Brockagh.

The Post Office is Cloghan PO so I suppose this became the official address.

The whole village is in the Gaeltacht, the Gaeltacht border is the burn after the new health centre and school. The PO is in Cloghan mor, Brockagh starts where Harkins pub is situated, the bar being in Brockagh and most of the lounge in Cloghan mor:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

shiibata wrote: »
    The whole village is in the Gaeltacht, the Gaeltacht border is the burn after the new health centre and school. The PO is in Cloghan mor, Brockagh starts where Harkins pub is situated, the bar being in Brockagh and most of the lounge in Cloghan mor:D

Is that not Cloghanbeg, with Cloghanmore starting (and the Gaeltacht stopping) afer the burn at the health centre?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

sesswhat wrote: »
    Is that not Cloghanbeg, with Cloghanmore starting (and the Gaeltacht stopping) afer the burn at the health centre?

:o Oops.Ye, your right, always get them 2 mixed up

Advertisement