Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Form of Malware?

Options
  • 04-12-2009 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

My friend downloaded a screensaver onto his computer that was accompanied by "Jingle Music". He did not realise this beforehand. When he uninstalled the screensaver the music stayed and it plays now every 15 minutes and stops. i.e. 11.00 11.15 11.30 12.00. Nothing appears on the screen and nothing is apparent in the taskbar. I have looked under Sounds and Audio devices in the Control Panel for him but cannot find anything. His system is Windows Vista. Where would this be playing from? Is this a form of malware?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

possibly, try this to remove it if you know the name of the program

Download and install Revo Uninstaller
    • Double click the Revo Uninstaller icon on your desktop to start the program
    • Scroll through the listed programs and Right Click on the program you wish to uninstall
    • From the pop out menu choose Uninstall
    • Click Yes to the confirmation dialogue
    • In the next window select the Advanced mode
    • Click Next to start uninstalling the program
    • Answer Yes to confirm the uninstall
    • When the program has completed the four steps, click Next to allow the program to search for leftovers
    • Once complete, click Next, then Finish
    • Repeat the above steps for any other programs you wish to remove.

Advertisement