Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do I call if I see an animal emergency on the street?

Options
  • 04-12-2009 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭

Say hypothetically I see a cat or dog run over by a car, who do I ring? I'm assuming 999 won't be interested.

Is there some kind of emergency group to contact? Or even if you see a stray animal wandering teh streets that looks in danger?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Say hypothetically I see a cat or dog run over by a car, who do I ring? I'm assuming 999 won't be interested.

Is there some kind of emergency group to contact? Or even if you see a stray animal wandering teh streets that looks in danger?

personally if saw a dog/cat injured would call a vet - most have emergency numbers for out of hours, if i saw one wandering i would try and take it in and then contact a welfare group - most areas have a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Paul91 wrote: »
    personally if saw a dog/cat injured would call a vet - most have emergency numbers for out of hours, if i saw one wandering i would try and take it in and then contact a welfare group - most areas have a few

Eh, ok. Thanks for the reply but I'm talking about some kind of central emergency number I ring and say "hi, f**k I just saw a dog get run over" or... "there's a cat wandering around and it's going to get chucked intoa bonfire".

I don't keep phone numbers of vets in whatever local areaI do be in if ye get me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Eh, ok. Thanks for the reply but I'm talking about some kind of central emergency number I ring and say "hi, f**k I just saw a dog get run over" or... "there's a cat wandering around and it's going to get chucked intoa bonfire".

I don't keep phone numbers of vets in whatever local areaI do be in if ye get me?

There is none really... contact the SPCA for your local area and see if they do anything about it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭suziwalsh

None unfortunately, there is a vet on call that will cover all of Dublin but you would have to be prepared to cover the cost yourself.

Other than that the local warden for dogs.

or rescue groups.

The DSPCA emergency line is not longer working as far as I am aware due to funding issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

suziwalsh wrote: »
    None unfortunately, there is a vet on call that will cover all of Dublin but you would have to be prepared to cover the cost yourself.

Other than that the local warden for dogs.

or rescue groups.

The DSPCA emergency line is no longer working as far as I am aware due to funding issues

Well that's just a bit rubbish! So essentially you see an animal get run over by a car and the state doesn't want to know? Isn't mistreatment of animals illegal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

when my cat was run over in sandymount someone called the pet hospital there and they went down and picked him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Well that's just a bit rubbish! So essentially you see an animal get run over by a car and the state doesn't want to know? Isn't mistreatment of animals illegal!

Do you would think we'd have such a problem with animals in this country if the state really cared? Join the rest of us who do what we can off our own backs because we can't depend on our government to a) come up with some decent legislation or b) enforce it.
    http://www.anvilireland.ie/fulcrum.html?ep=5
    http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/
    http://www.irishanimals.ie/

Advertisement