Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with the HTC Tattoo

• 04-12-2009 12:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

Hi hope someone can figure this out for me. Bought the Tattoo today, and i can recieve messages but for some reason cannot seem to reply to it. Any ideas ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You cant send any texts>?

What network are you on, and did you buy it from a network store>?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Yeah i keep getting a triangle with an exclaimation mark beside it in the top left hand corner when i try to send one. I am with vodafone and i bought it from a vodafone store this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can you make sure the message centre number in the phone is set to +35387699989

Ahh perfect, your a gem, that was the problem, never even entered my head to check my message center number, Thanks a million :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

What's the phone like?

• Advertisement

I am loving it actually :) Really nice phone and so easy to personalise, i used to have a phone with a physical qwerty keypad and am finding it really easy to text on it. Finding it very responsive to touch. Still so much to play around so i will report back in a few days and let ya know how the battery life and that are holding up.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rordeb

Hi just recently got one also - had a BB storm -this is way better. Tried to put it 3 prepay because Vodafone don't have a data bundle for pay as you go customers.
    The phone works but 3g stuff does not - I am currently fudging it by using 2g on gsm.

Is the phone currently unlocked ? and does anyone know how to get the 3g working

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I got a tattoo today also. Very good so far with one problem...I can't connect to most websites using my wi-fi for some reason. All Google sites are fine but nothing else....wierd...and annoying.

If you can connect to the market and gmail etc then you should have no problems. Could be that you are trying to access very large pages in 2G areas. Give vodafone a call if you are still having problems.

Anyone know how to unlock one of these babies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

rordeb wrote: »
    Hi just recently got one also - had a BB storm -this is way better. Tried to put it 3 prepay because Vodafone don't have a data bundle for pay as you go customers.
    The phone works but 3g stuff does not - I am currently fudging it by using 2g on gsm.

Is the phone currently unlocked ? and does anyone know how to get the 3g working

Thanks
    Have you entered 3s APN settings properly.If you can use it with the 3 sim at all,that suggests its unlocked

• Advertisement

The only way i can use it is if I have the phone set to allow data roaming - will check the apn settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

rordeb wrote: »
    If you can connect to the market and gmail etc then you should have no problems. Could be that you are trying to access very large pages in 2G areas. Give vodafone a call if you are still having problems.

Anyone know how to unlock one of these babies?
    I don't think it's locked. At least my Tattoo bought from Vodafone wasn't.

what network are you using the phone on ? and you are having no problems with 3G connectivity ?

Ludo wrote: »
    I got a tattoo today also. Very good so far with one problem...I can't connect to most websites using my wi-fi for some reason. All Google sites are fine but nothing else....wierd...and annoying.

Finally solved my problem connecting to the web over wi-fi. Got the simple solution from th vodafone forums on their website.

Remove the battery and put it back in :D

Doh...why didn't I think to try that day one.

Good news for me too - not sure what I did but all working fine now. This is a great phone!

I agree...fantastic phone. Was just outside exploring Google Sky on the phone...brilliant app. Learned a few star systems I didn't know before also.

One bad point seems to be battery life. It isn't great...although that may be because I have been fiddling with it non-stop since I got it. Will be able to judge battery life better once it starts getting normal use from tomorrow onwards.

I too am loving the phone but the battery life is killing me, it drains really quickly and i havent even been using it much over the weekend. Any ideas on how to extend the battery life??

Same problem - I need to keep it plugged in most of the day ! Need to investigate a portable wind turbine With a USB connection!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

I too am loving the phone but the battery life is killing me, it drains really quickly and i havent even been using it much over the weekend. Any ideas on how to extend the battery life??
    Only solution I have found is to turn off 3G and WiFi when I am not using them actively.

Hopefully a future upgrade will sport this out. I have turned off wi-fi when not at home; gps is off and so is the background data connection. Usage so far today is only 10.65mb.

That is still massive for a wee spot of web browsing on the way to work - must be the browser - obviously does not condese the pages.
    Anyone know if Opera mini is available for the Tattoo?

• Advertisement
Advertisement