Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you do when you lose a birth certificate?

Options
  • 04-12-2009 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭

As the title says, I've mislaid it somewhere......and that somewhere may have been on a Bus Éireann Bus 4 days ago.

I had it on me because I needed to apply for a passport, but I only noticed today that I don't have it anymore.:eek:

Does anyone know if Bus Éireann have a lost and found service? If not, does anyone know how to get it again? Should I also be worried if someone has ended up getting it and may use it for "false idenity" or something else?

And yes, I realise I am the biggest of big idiots for losing it and not noticing til now.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

You are no longer born - however, it takes time a while to catch-up and realise this. You will slowly fade away over the next 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

throw the baby out, make a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

So have you applied for the passport? If you get the passport you should be able to be re-issued a birth certificate.

If not, well then technically you no longer exist :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

You disappear. Bubye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

go to your local births, deaths and marriages office and get a new one.

Simple as that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

You have no file!...YOU HAVE NO FILE!!!!.....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I suppose if I don't exist, I can technically do what I want anymore.

But thanks for the actual advice cloneslad, this is quite urgent as I need it for my new job that starts on Monday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

cloneslad you ruin our fun with maturity and advice

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Become a rogue agent...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    As the title says, I've mislaid it somewhere......and that somewhere may have been on a Bus Éireann Bus 4 days ago.

I had it on me because I needed to apply for a passport, but I only noticed today that I don't have it anymore.:eek:

Does anyone know if Bus Éireann have a lost and found service? If not, does anyone know how to get it again? Should I also be worried if someone has ended up getting it and may use it for "false idenity" or something else?

And yes, I realise I am the biggest of big idiots for losing it and not noticing til now.:(

4 days ago....OP did you phone Bus Eireann and ask if they had a lost and found?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Start a thread in AH, the one sure place you will get a serious answer....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

There's a good black market for birth certs, i could get you one cheap, do you fancy being born in 1952 and named Mary Gallagher?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Thanks OP. A second birth cert for me will make up for the pain of being on a bus :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

You'll have to climb back in and then fight your way back out again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Become a christian and get a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

stovelid wrote: »
    EW!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

You have to go back in time and get your mam and dad to kiss at the high school dance again or you'll fade away to nothing. In fact the whole future could be changed.

Make sure and finish with a dose of this...

cloneslad wrote: »
    go to your local births, deaths and marriages office and get a new one.

Simple as that.
    /AH
    Go to the one where you were born, not where you live now.
    If you can bring something with your parents names on.

AH
    You might end up with someone elses ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Try this link for information J.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

JBoyle4eva wrote: »

I found your birth cert.

BTW, you can now call me Mr J Boyle. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

HI I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ALL DO BUT WHENEVER IT HAPPENS TO ME I JUST COLLECT THE 3 DOCKETS AGAIN CUT THEM OUT AND SEND THEM OFF AND ITS BACK WITHIN 2 DAYS YIPEE IM BORN AGAIN HEHEH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

HI I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ALL DO BUT WHENEVER IT HAPPENS TO ME I JUST COLLECT THE 3 DOCKETS AGAIN CUT THEM OUT AND SEND THEM OFF AND ITS BACK WITHIN 2 DAYS YIPEE IM BORN AGAIN HEHEH

Honey Loops or Suger Puffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

smegmar wrote: »
    cloneslad you ruin our fun with maturity and advice

I was going to give a smart arsed answer but it would have been totally inferior to this one:
    stovelid wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

what sort of job requires a birth cert.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

it seem's you haven't been chipped either....

- Drav!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

You become your Dads sperm again! You and him gotta go find mum fast and hope she is still up for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Nubiles.com

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Read The Day of the Jackal.

Pick a name, any name!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Employer need to know you've been born, there's strict laws against hiring fetuses.

Advertisement