Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TAX Clearance CERT, How long ?

• 04-12-2009 1:27am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi There ,

I am working on a Public Contract and now its Pay time :D

I was due to get paid on Friday last , when the money had not come into my account I made a call to the finance department to see what the story was with the payment .

Any way the lady told me that since I had already been paid €10,000 without providing a Tax clearance cert that my money has been stopped and I wont be paid until I provide one ! The other problem is that if I dont have it into her by close of business on Tuesday I will miss the deadline for payments before XMAS, which would leave me screwed !!

All my affairs are up to date (VAT,Income Tax returns) so went to the account today in a bit of a panic. He applied for the Tax clearance Cert online but said it could take up to 10 days to get out to me.

Is there anyway that I could call the Revenue in the morning and get the Cert number rather than waiting for it to be posted out, as I have been informed that this Cert number will suffice.

Cheers for any help , it will be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

These certs are produced in Dublin. It takes a couple of days for it to be produced and available on the Revenue system for an employee to view. If you ring and the operator can view on the systems your TCC, they should then be able to give you the cert number.
    I hope it works out for ya. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Ask this chap, he's been waiting a long time for his.

bertieahern.th.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Ticktactoe wrote: »
    These certs are produced in Dublin. It takes a couple of days for it to be produced and available on the Revenue system for an employee to view. If you ring and the operator can view on the systems your TCC, they should then be able to give you the cert number.
    I hope it works out for ya. ;)

Was calling the Revenue office in Kildare (0598643200) last night for an hour and a half and kept getting put through to a Answer machine , same again this morning .

I might just pop up to the offices they have located in the Square Tallaght.

Cheers for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Snowdrop

Was calling the Revenue office in Kildare (0598643200) last night for an hour and a half and kept getting put through to a Answer machine , same again this morning .

I might just pop up to the offices they have located in the Square Tallaght.

Cheers for the reply.

This is the Irish Revenue we are talking about(civil service!). You don't seriously expect them to offer 24 hour service. You might be better ringing your local tax office for Kildare today. Take contact details for whoever you speak to and keep chasing them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Snowdrop wrote: »
    This is the Irish Revenue we are talking about(civil service!). You don't seriously expect them to offer 24 hour service.

No I dont expect a 24 hour service , an indication of when I should be able to get the cert number is all that I am looking for . If I can get the cert number then that works out even better .

I am badly stuck and hoping someone in the office might be able to help me out, its worth a try is it not ?

I have been on the phone non stop , they have an option for TCC's but the number rings out every time and goes to an answering machine, Would I be better off picking one of the other options so I at least get to speak to someone ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

No I dont expect a 24 hour service , an indication of when I should be able to get the cert number is all that I am looking for . If I can get the cert number then that works out even better .

I am badly stuck and hoping someone in the office might be able to help me out, its worth a try is it not ?

I have been on the phone non stop , they have an option for TCC's but the number rings out every time and goes to an answering machine, Would I be better off picking one of the other options so I at least get to speak to someone ?

Yes, speak with someone in the self assessing section. Im assuming because of the public contract you are I.T registered (self assessed). They have access to pulling up the certificate on the system if its available. ;)

Ticktactoe wrote: »
    Yes, speak with someone in the self assessing section. Im assuming because of the public contract you are I.T registered (self assessed). They have access to pulling up the certificate on the system if its available. ;)

I'm am I T registered , thanks for all your help

Advertisement