Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unlimited data plan

• 04-12-2009 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

hi guys apologies if this is in the wrong place,

I want to listen to internet radio over my n95 past the confines of my wifi
    so ill need to get a data plan but most I can see are not "unlimited" but rather limited to between 5 and 20 mb etc
    is there any real unlimited plan so I can listen to my hearts content without breaking the bank?
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

The meteor "unlimited" plan is 10Gb it's 14.99
    Three have 10Gb for 19.99.
    Vodafone 500Mb for 9.99 and 5 per Mb after that :eek:
    O2 have 250mb for 7.50, they have some other price plans with data for the iPhone too, don't know if you can get them with a nokia.

None of them do a truely unlimited plan as far as I can see.

Does anybody know what happened to three XSeries?
    I though Xseries Gold was unlimited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Shin Bet

anyone know how much data i would use when im listening to internet radio is it kb per second ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Shin Bet wrote: »
    anyone know how much data i would use when im listening to internet radio is it kb per second ?
    Depends on the quality (bitrate) of the stream.
    32Kbps = ~15MB of data per hour
    48Kbps = ~22MB of data per hour
    64Kbps = ~29MB of data per hour
    96Kbps = ~44MB of data per hour
    128Kbps = ~58MB of data per hour

and at those prices thats that idea out the window cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

X-Series Gold was described as unlimited but actually had a cap of 2GB - just goes to show the value of the Advertising Standards Authority when companies can make these kinds of claims that are patently untrue and get away with it.
    dloob wrote: »
    Does anybody know what happened to three XSeries?
    I though Xseries Gold was unlimited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Bluefrog wrote: »
    X-Series Gold was described as unlimited but actually had a cap of 2GB - just goes to show the value of the Advertising Standards Authority when companies can make these kinds of claims that are patently untrue and get away with it.

The ASAI have no real power in this country, so don't expect them to do anything regarding the term "unlimited", especially as numerous complaints have been overlooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

if you were using say skype to talk on your mobile...what sort of data would that use typically?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

if you were using say skype to talk on your mobile...what sort of data would that use typically?

roughly 5 or 6 mins chat is about a MB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Davy wrote: »
    roughly 5 or 6 mins chat is about a MB

thats very good so?

but dont forget its skype lite better off using fring as skype lite calls are more expensive

• Advertisement
Advertisement