Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bcmf

• 04-12-2009 2:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

avoid as many hills as possible in either sprintifs or races.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Are you planning on doing the Swords league? There are a few sharp hills in the races. I lost count of how many times we went over the Nags Head from the Five Roads.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Raam wrote: »
    Are you planning on doing the Swords league? There are a few sharp hills in the races. I lost count of how many times we went over the Nags Head from the Five Roads.
    15 every one etched indelibly on my psyche ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

yeah plan to do it. I know the hills well. I just have to mentally prepare for them.The second section of the Hollywood climb just after the false flat is a wagon.

bcmf wrote: »
    yeah plan to do it. I know the hills well. I just have to mentally prepare for them.The second section of the Hollywood climb just after the false flat is a wagon.

Which one is that?

from the 5 roads up to the Boughhal -Naul Road.
    I break the climb into 2
    1. From 5 roads to the crossroads (right for Mcnallys left for Johnstown-back road to boughal)
    2 from the xroads to the quarry turn. Starts off with a false flat (maybe even slightly downhill)

• Advertisement

bcmf wrote: »
    from the 5 roads up to the Boughhal -Naul Road.
    I break the climb into 2
    1. From 5 roads to the crossroads (right for Mcnallys left for Johnstown-back road to boughal)
    2 from the xroads to the quarry turn. Starts off with a false flat (maybe even slightly downhill)

ah yeah, I know where you are talking about.
    Actually, that turn up to the quarry is a bit of a wall. Short enough to blast up it though. We only did that bit once, in the last hill climb.

yeah. very sharp but thankfully very short

Advertisement